• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i guess the 28yo fausto carmona is actually a 31yo named Roberto Hernandez Heredia

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7...indians-arrested-accused-using-false-identity

401px-Fausto_Carmona_windup.jpg

no wonder this guy was a headcase... he may have multiple personalities!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^do you think they used the GM/Chevrolet bailout money to sign fielder?!

dear god thats a huuuuge contract. nice signing and just what they needed too with Vmart out.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valenti and Terry have to be in heaven. i still have a hard time believing it's true.

where does Cabrera go? 3B? LF? he was 60-80lbs lighter when he played left. i can see 3B (see ya Inge). split time at 1B, DH, and 3B. i hope they talked to him about it. Dombrowski always said they could afford 3 $20million players. so much money came off the books this offseason with guillen, magglio, BONDERMAN, ZUMAYA!!!.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^do you think they used the GM/Chevrolet bailout money to sign fielder?!
dear god thats a huuuuge contract. nice signing and just what they needed too with Vmart out.

they sold a lot of $5 Hot N Readys

runner-guy

Reaction score

Valenti and Terry have to be in heaven. i still have a hard time believing it's true.
where does Cabrera go? 3B? LF? he was 60-80lbs lighter when he played left. i can see 3B (see ya Inge). split time at 1B, DH, and 3B. i hope they talked to him about it. Dombrowski always said they could afford 3 $20million players. so much money came off the books this offseason with guillen, magglio, BONDERMAN, ZUMAYA!!!.

Cabrera will likely go to 3B or they said he could split time at 1B with Fielder (not sure how that would work). We'll see what they do. Supposedly they talked to Cabrera before the deal and he was cool with it. Inge and his .197 average can suck it. Yeah, Magglio's contract especially was huge.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i was going to say, Miggy knew of the deal and is on board with it. report is that Leyland didn't even know of the deal (not sure about that). have to imagine if anyone is ready to manage the clog at 1B, it's Leyland.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm crying tears of joy over here in Metro Detroit. Fielder + Cabrera = Bash Brothers 2012

Come 2013 with those two and hopefully a healthy VMart, that will be one potent 1, 2, 3 punch!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1,2,3,4,5,6 punch

Delmon, Cabrera, Fielder, VMart, Avila, Peralta, Boesch, etc etc etc.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jesus christ that is an insane contract. That's Pujols money right there. I wonder where the "daddy" angle played out in all this, being Cecil's original team.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ it's funny. Cecil was being interviewed on some sirius XM channel while it was being announced. i read the transcript on the interview. he had no idea of the deal and it sounds like he has VERY minimal contact with Prince (old news).

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^ it's funny. Cecil was being interviewed on some sirius XM channel while it was being announced. i read the transcript on the interview. he had no idea of the deal and it sounds like he has VERY minimal contact with Prince (old news).

They don't really talk. Which is why I found it so surprising.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads