• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rangers grand slam wins it in extra innings. I was driving in the car when it happened. Nearly ended up in the ditch. At least, we were in the game till the last. Great job by Scherzer. Now, the game comes to us.

I guess Valverde should have hit Cruz in the face instead of the wrist! (Too harsh?)

At least when the game was over I could immediately switch over and watch the Lions keep the dream alive.

I've overheard about 7 or 8 people in my office this morning mention they are going to tonight's Tiger game. I had an opportunity for a ticket to tomorrow's game but the fact that it's at 4:00 screws things up for me so I had to pass. Generally though I would have jumped on the ticket as I love daytime games.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rangers grand slam wins it in extra innings. I was driving in the car when it happened. Nearly ended up in the ditch. At least, we were in the game till the last. Great job by Scherzer. Now, the game comes to us.

I guess Valverde should have hit Cruz in the face instead of the wrist! (Too harsh?)

At least when the game was over I could immediately switch over and watch the Lions keep the dream alive.

I've overheard about 7 or 8 people in my office this morning mention they are going to tonight's Tiger game. I had an opportunity for a ticket to tomorrow's game but the fact that it's at 4:00 screws things up for me so I had to pass. Generally though I would have jumped on the ticket as I love daytime games.

Do or die, I'm going to the Wednesday game. Leyland MUST pitch Verlander on Game 4. I've got great confidence in Fister.

The Bears loss was foretold in Isaiah 38:13
I cry for help until morning:
like a lion he breaks all my bones;
from day to night you bring me to an end.​

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ if i'm a betting man, in which i am, i would bet the JV goes tomorrow after only throwing 80 pitches Saturday........if we win tonight.

Last edited:

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I generally cheer for the Cardinals when their interests don't conflict with the Brewers'. (That is, when the Brewers are nowhere near contending for first place--i.e., most years.) When they're in direct competition, though, I can't help but cheer for the Brewers. (I also have some residual affection for the Pirates, having lived in Pennsylvania for a while.)
I live in the same part of St. Louis that you list as your location.

Cool. I currently live in Kansas City, but I go back every two weeks or so. I'll PM the next time I am back.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When leaving the mound after 7 1/3 innings, Detroit Tiger pitcher, Doug Fister, tipped his hat to the roaring crowd. What a moment!

Teach them right when they are young!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god i hope victor isn't hurt. that'd be the dagger. good to see jackson finally start making contact and putting the ball in fair territory.

cabrera finally showed up. what a good game defensively and, obviously, offensively.

porcello has pitched well so far. just need to get through the first inning. seems like our starters have that issue, albeit, not nearly as bad as jeremy bonderman a few years ago.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

god i hope victor isn't hurt. that'd be the dagger. good to see jackson finally start making contact and putting the ball in fair territory.
cabrera finally showed up. what a good game defensively and, obviously, offensively.
porcello has pitched well so far. just need to get through the first inning. seems like our starters have that issue, albeit, not nearly as bad as jeremy bonderman a few years ago.

If Victor is hurt, who could DH? Betemit? Yikes!

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

at this stage, i have no idea. probably be a circus of players depending on pitching. probably betemit. dirks looked decent out there but will be lost today with the lefty. maybe dmitri young? he wants to come back :happy:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

victor actually looked fine batting even when hurt. he'll get treatment and just DH if needed. Leyland will do the old school thing and play victor for game 4 and then sit him game 5 (let verlander do his thing in game 5, then victor will come back if needed).

with Theo leaving boston the newspapers just did the typical exit smear piece on Francona and Theo, and blame the players as well. Its sad to see that kind of thing happen, but in all honesty those newspaper smear pieces come out of chicago yearly (obviously since the cubs are still in that horrific WS drought).

Deadspin reported that Francona did an excellent job in the TV booth (i didn't hear him because I watched the games on mute [i had the MNF game then USA Equador on] and totally forgot that I wanted to hear francona).

How did francona do? What are your opinions? damn I honestly didn't catch 30sec of him speaking.

I'm rooting for Theo to actually win a WS for the Cubs but it might take 3-5years unless they drastically increase payroll (for minor league signings, international signings, and preemptive blue chip prospect long term lock ups - a-la pedroia/evan longoria/braun).

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Victor is only the DH. He is playing per Leyland, but official lineup hasn't been released yet. I've been following Twitter like crazy.

it's raining here. i work about 10 miles from the stadium. hopefully it doesn't get rained out, but i wonder if it did, would JV pitch Game 4 tomorrow.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Victor is only the DH. He is playing per Leyland, but official lineup hasn't been released yet. I've been following Twitter like crazy.
it's raining here. i work about 10 miles from the stadium. hopefully it doesn't get rained out, but i wonder if it did, would JV pitch Game 4 tomorrow.

for me -it would benefit the tigers greatly if it were rained out (because of the verlander factor). would you like to see the game rained out today?

that way you can have verlander pitching in the cold (where power pitcher reign supreme) at least once. it would be fun to see verlander pitching in the cool mist adding weird scary break on his fastball and hammer (the hitters would be baffled and scared shitless of being beaned he could have like 15Ks in that environment).

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ this was the topic today during lunch with coworkers. on one hand, porcello has pitched pretty good in the postseason. granted he is 0-2, but he kept the yankees in check and limited the damage in Game 1 of the ALCS. his stuff is similar to fister, but not near the command. if he can keep them off-balanced and keep the ball down, he is golden. if we can squeak out a win and even the series, i feel like the rangers, psychologically, would feel like Game 5 would be a mountain with Verlander on the mound. Regardless, you have to get a win from Porcello so i think if it does get cancelled, you stay the course and have verlander go Game 5. on the other hand, maybe you get JV out there to throw on normal rest. he didn't look good Game 1 of the yankees series when he had an extra day. he likes rhythm.

i'm thinking differently in if it does get cancelled it gives more time to get victor and/or delmon some rest. and benoit and papa grande.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to the rain delay, I was at Comerica Park for more than 6 hours. I thought Porcello pitched one of his greatest games. He's only 22 years old. The high point was when Brandon Inge, of all people, hit the tie making HR and boosted his series ERA to .357. Watching the pain ridden Alex Avila brought much sorrow. Watching Cabrera ambling to 3rd base was not a pretty sight. By the start of the 11th inning, everyone around me said that their nerves were completely shot.

On the bright side, in 1968, the Tigers were down 3-1 to St Louis in World Series and came back to win. In post game, Leyland said "We've got Verlander, Scherzer and Fister. Sending a guy out there who's pretty good. We can count, I know what situation is."

I hope and pray that his math is right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads