• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Oscars Threak

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Bar Rafaeli at Vanity Fair afterparty....wow.
worship.gif
DiCaprio is the man.
spl163285_006thumb.jpg
spl163285_011thumb.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
This was during the first 1/2 of the show, but do you guys remember the woman who interrupted the guy talking and went rambling about something, then made reference to some old African woman sitting up in the balcony?

If you do, what the **** was that all about?

laugh.gif
That was awesome in true Oscar spirit.
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
worship.gif
DiCaprio is the man.
spl163285_006thumb.jpg
spl163285_011thumb.jpg

I try not to let envy get the best of me, but I ******* hate him.
frown.gif
That's an awesome dress btw. So many of the dresses you see on oscar night are utter failures. Simple is often best.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
...How come all of these actors are "courageous" which i heard like 2-3 people say. Can't we just describe what the actor/actress did in that movie and then play a clip of them? The ****. I hope they don't do this every year from now on
Yeah, they are all so "˜daring' and everything is a "˜risk'. Can someone tell me what exactly these idiots are on about? It's like they live in a different world to the rest of society. Sean Penn and Cate Blanchett would have you believe they are saving the world. It's a big backslapping session by a bunch of twats.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Re: the actress, far worse than anything about her appearance are the condescending compliments people throw at her. "Oh, and doesn't she look great!" Token compliments for ugly girls are hilarious. "Her, uh, hair is stunning!" "It's so great to see some nontraditional beauty at the awards!"
They even tried taking unusual camera shots of her to no avail. She still took up the entire frame on every single one of them.

What about Oprah? "˜On Monday... on Tuesday... on Wednesday... and tonight... Meryl Streep'. STFU! Honestly, they should be winning Streeps. And what the hell is Oprah even doing there?

Originally Posted by brlfvr
... How about Samuel Jackson's reaction to Monique's speach? I felt the same way.
'Forgo what's popular to do what's right'. We're still talking about films here, right? They're all one moment away from the most cathartic moment of their lives. It's a f***in' group counselling session is what it is.

The big positive was the stage IMO. It looked beautiful.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
edit

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who was hoping Kathryn Bigelow would bust out with "I'm Queen of the World!"
laugh.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed

What about Oprah? "˜On Monday... on Tuesday... on Wednesday... and tonight... Meryl Streep'. STFU! Honestly, they should be winning Streeps. And what the hell is Oprah even doing there?

Fine, let Grape Ape win the award this year - Streep is going to live much longer than her anyway.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
'Forgo what's popular to do what's right'. We're still talking about films here, right? They're all one moment away from the most cathartic moment of their lives. It's a f***in' group counselling session is what it is.

The big positive was the stage IMO. It looked beautiful.

yeah i felt the same way. dam it is just a acting and in a movie. an 'important' movie i guess, but still a plain ol movie. nothing really big about it besides the two actresses.

stage was marvelous.

Originally Posted by eg1
Am I the only one who was hoping Kathryn Bigelow would bust out with "I'm Queen of the World!"
laugh.gif

bigelow was hot!

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
and that one woman who won a second academy award, she went up there and dismissed it like it was nothing. no class. at least still have some humility in accepting it , as dismissing it like it was nothing just won't bode well for those who never won one.

That pissed me off.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
monique....wow what a ******* annoying speech! i hate that ****. forego whats popular to do whats right?? yeah because a movie backed by oprah is sooooo indie and underdog! what a risk she took!!! how the **** was it an underdog? this isnt the 1930's anymore, plus the oscars love a down and out type of movie like that. then she couldnt even walk off stage with all of her emotion!! ughhh wanted to vomit. and her thanking her husband for everything when he openly cheats on her and shes cool with it. fuckkkk

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
monique....wow what a ******* annoying speech! i hate that ****. forego whats popular to do whats right?? yeah because a movie backed by oprah is sooooo indie and underdog! what a risk she took!!! how the **** was it an underdog? this isnt the 1930's anymore, plus the oscars love a down and out type of movie like that. then she couldnt even walk off stage with all of her emotion!! ughhh wanted to vomit. and her thanking her husband for everything when he openly cheats on her and shes cool with it. fuckkkk
She's fat and annoying. She should be happy that he doesn't just flat-out leave her.
laugh.gif
Oh and.... Just because
spl163285_006thumb.jpg
spl163285_011thumb.jpg
[/quote]

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
and her thanking her husband for everything when he openly cheats on her and shes cool with it. fuckkkk

I couldn't look at him when she was announced as winner and she gave him a kiss.

The fact that she even bothers with him and his ways irks me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads