• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits in Tenet

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
I actually quite enjoyed Tenet. All that aside can we talk about the menswear on display in the film -
The maligned Brooks Brothers suit was I though actually quite nice lol. Apart from the sleeves being too long. But I like the lower button stance and the nice long jackgt.
t7_5f4912888cc34.jpeg

Great on all three. That DB is fantastic. But the protagonist's actor is in great shape, why does this suit make him look so boxy?
20200908-tenet-03.jpg

The designer hyped the light gray suit a lot but I think that on screen low-contrast with the white shirt/light gray shirt just didn't suit the Protagonist's complexion. It's still a very very nice suit though.

20200908-tenet-04.jpg

I think the lapel shape and the wider lapel and the fabric of the suit here are fantastic and the nipped waist and the longer jacket but I hate the 'polo under suit' thing they tried to do for the whole movie. I admire them for trying to start a trend but it just didn't work in my opinion. The placket not going all the way down to the suit's active button just meant that there was a weird empty spot in the middle of the torso. And the fact that the polos were buttoned at the top looked even weirder since there wasn't a tie. Again I respect the attempt but it just didn't work for me.
83602db6c8a8c49344be2c576211d157

Left works for Robert Pattinson's character and I don't hate it and I get what they were going for but I don't love it

Right just looks bad. Like really bad. Like it looks like a donated suit from the 80s, eveyrthing just looks off, I think the shouldes are too big, the polo under the suit again looks weird, the patch breast pocket with the structured shoulders are just incongruous. etc. JDW is an athletic dude but somehow this suit made him look sloppy and out of shape and boxy.
20200908-tenet-01.jpg

All in all I just didn't really like the tailoring. As mentioned above the Protagonist's actor is extremely in shape (dude was a former football player) but somehow the tailoring didn't emphasize that and I think it was a waste.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never saw Tenet. Probably never will. The clothes are mainstream generic.
Look like they came from Nordstroms or the like. Shoulders too big. The
guys are all in good shape, so they wear their mediocre tailoring well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads