• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Score!!! And an observation...

edgarallanpoe

Reaction score
So, I have recently been bitten by the boot bug. I have owned serious boots before, Redwing Heritage, Wolverine 1000 mile, Rancourt, etc... I also own a good selection of solid shoes, Rancourt, Oak St Bootmakers, Di Bianco, Church's, Carmina, etc.. But I was completely oblivious to the Pacific Northwest Boot scene. So far I have a pair of Truman Umber Cowhide, White's MP1, and Wesco Johannes. The Johannes just arrived today.

The score is that I picked these Johannes up for $350. They are brand new in box and absolutely perfect. I have seen them everywhere for $700 so needless to say I was excited to see them when they arrived. I got them from Wesco's discount section and I couldn't be happier with them. The fit is perfect, the stitching is perfect, everything about these boots is stunning. The gusseted tongue will take some getting used to and is a little bit of a PITA to get to lay down properly. I couldn't care less about the looks of a creased tongue but if I don't spend the time lacing them slowly and pushing down the tongue as I lace, the thick leather of the tongue is uncomfortable. But once I get it into position it feels fine. I know that will break in as I wear them but the fact that I even have to break in a tongue is hilarious. In short, I would have been extremely happy even if I had paid full price for these. Everything about them is spot on and if this is any indication of what they are putting out, then the brand is worth every penny they charge...and then some.

Now for the observation of a complete PNW boot noob.

All three of these are very different boots but they are similar enough to compare them and be fair about it.

The steal of the three is the Truman. Granted, it is a GYW and not stitch down. But if you are like me and aren't planning to wear these in a serious heavy duty work environment then a GYW is more than adequate for your needs and can save you about $150 minimum for a stitch down boot. The stitch work is spectacular and the leather is simply stunning. The color on these is perfect and the pics I have and the pics on Truman's website don't do the color justice. I love them so much I ordered and pair of Stone Ramblers and will also order a pair of black Ramblers when the come back in stock. Again, at $450ish these are a steal in my humble opinion. And the company is all into the odd and cool leathers from around the world. They offer Horween leather but they also have great stuff from other tanneries.

The Wesco is the King Daddy Ding Dong of the three. lol Materials, construction, look, fit, etc...it's all there and worth the $700. If you can snag a pair like I did, do *not* hesitate. They already feel amazing and will only get better as that tongue breaks in.

The White's MP1 is just a killer looking boot. It's also incredibly comfortable. The Chromexel leather is something I am very familiar with so I knew what to expect and those expectations were met...for the most part. The design is timeless and I have no doubt that these will be worn a *lot* in the upcoming month (provided we are allowed to leave our houses *sigh*) The problem is that White's really needs to step their game up in comparison to the other two. I know I only have one pair and that every company can sometimes swing and miss...and I am a flexible, easy going person who will give them another chance. But I made a mistake when I had them dropped shipped directly from White's. I bought them through Baker Boots and they have been amazing to deal with. I have no doubt that they would have seen the issues and addressed them before sending them out to me. When I got them I had to clean some glue residue off the instep area of both boots, it was something obviously noticeable. It also had a coloring issue on the left shoe by the right side of the toe box. Some black shoe cream took care of that, but like the residue, it's not something I should have to do on a $550+ shoe. The stitching on these is adequate but the worst of the three IMHO. I don't want it to look like I hate the boots. I love them. I am just being honest about how they compare to the others I have. I have a pair of Horsehide Semi-Dress coming and can't wait to get them.

From left to right....Truman, Wesco, White's

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Truman.jpg
    Truman.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Wesco toe.jpg
    Wesco toe.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Wesco.jpg
    Wesco.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 80
  • White's.jpg
    White's.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 76

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads