• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◆ The JIL SANDER & RAF SIMONS shopper thread ◆

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Two fashion school graduates who interned with Raf Simons got a write-up in the January edition of Wallpaper - kinda interesting to see the influence:

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Some more new stuff, both new and NOS:

Snatched up the last one of these at thecorner. Still debating whether or not to keep it. I realise the cropped look is to some extent intended, but the S is so short on me that the back keeps riding up above my belt even on high-waisted pants. Bit unnerving. It's a beautiful piece but I may yet return it because of that. Or maybe I give it away as a gift or something.

Virgin-wool motorcycle jacket from YOOX (still available there in other sizes) maybe from fall 13 (paired in the fit pictures with also new Ann D. pants):

Raf by Raf knit, also from YOOX - love the design; unfortunately quality is a bit disappointing (even for a diffusion line) considering that even this once retailed for 425 euros:

Jil tie ca. 2010 made from a very nice silk/virgin wool/linen blend:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I still get Raf Low Velcro size 42 anywhere new or used? From here or website, anywhere!!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to tell if a Jil coat I own is by Raf or not? I have the care tag and the code on it.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Another new item.
Got this on the last day of the most recent Mr Porter sale; was marked down 70 or 80 per cent to 140€.
Certainly not everybody's taste but I'm a sucker for his techno-inspired leanings:

It's still available on YOOX too (in the same size, S) albeit in a different colour scheme and as yet a little higher-priced.

The wool jacket I posted earlier can theoretically be worn inside out as I only discovered now, looking at the tag.
Of course actually wearing the reverse side out would require removing all tags and maybe even the little hanger loop in the neck to hang up the jacket from.
Also, sadly, the zipper tabs don't rotate round which means zipping and unzipping the jacket when worn with the navy side out is a bit of an awkward process.
Maybe only a neat idea in theory...

Btw I had also ordered and immediately returned this one:

http://www.yoox.com/us/41473060AA/item

...also double-faced (red inside, as seen below).
So if anyone else is interested in it, it should be available again shortly.

futuresailors

Reaction score
Double face doesn't necessarily mean the garment is reversible, just that both sides of the fabric are the "outside" (has to do with the weaving; take a non double faced fabric and one side is warp over weft, while the other side is weft over warp).

1. "Double-faced fabrics are a form of double cloth made of one warp and two sets of wefts, or (less often) two warps and one weft. These fabrics have two right sides or faces and no wrong side, and include most blankets, satin ribbons, and interlinings."

il_colonnello

Reaction score
The things you learn...

Thanks for that; I guess that explains why the tag doesn't actually say "reversible".

Pity, it would have given the jacket a cool deconstructivist look... oh well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Is there any way to tell if a Jil coat I own is by Raf or not? I have the care tag and the code on it.

all jil tags have a season code on them which is two digits but it's been so long that i've forgotten what they mean

back when i was copping a lot of jil it was in the 40s or 50s

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Two more end-of-season stragglers (maybe, hopefully the last ones):

...still available from matches, btw, and here teamed with T by Alex Wang + Rag&Bone:

Another knit - size M this time, looks much more balanced on me - I kind of regret a bit now keeping the S I posted earlier:

^These close-ups are severely under-exposed, it's a much brighter orange IRL. More like in this fit picture, again paired with T by Alex Wang, Rag&Bone and Alexander Wang x H&M - I suspect this will be one of my favourite outfits for the rest of the winter:

I realise Raf has lost a lot of street cred in recent years in this forum of visvim and Margaret Howell lovers and I know my attempts at breathing life into this long-deceased thread make me a late comer to the party, but what can I do, I still dig his stuff. I am also chuffed at how (unexpectedly) well some of his items can be combined with Alexander Wang, probably my favourite designer atm, whose aesthetic seems totally different at first sight.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads