• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have those boots...just wore them last night in fact. They fit quite big. I wear 10.5 in AS and Carmina, and a 42.5 in those boots.

Gotcha. How do you like the sizing? Do you wish you could've gone smaller since they fit so big?

I'm a size 7.5 UK in AS and Carmina shoes so working backwards would make me a 39.5?

42.5 = 10.5
42 = 10
41.5 = 9.5
41 = 9
40.5 =8.5
40 = 8
39.5 = 7.5

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Gotcha. How do you like the sizing? Do you wish you could've gone smaller since they fit so big?

I'm a size 7.5 UK in AS and Carmina shoes so working backwards would make me a 39.5?

42.5 = 10.5
42 = 10
41.5 = 9.5
41 = 9
40.5 =8.5
40 = 8
39.5 = 7.5

I think that's right regarding you being a 39.5. 42.5 is the right size for me - I tried on a 43 as well, which is the size I take in the Buttero sneakers (and they are plenty snug), but ended up deciding to take a 42.5. 42 would be tight. Just to show you how big they run, I wear a 44.5 in Vass.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that's right regarding you being a 39.5. 42.5 is the right size for me - I tried on a 43 as well, which is the size I take in the Buttero sneakers (and they are plenty snug), but ended up deciding to take a 42.5. 42 would be tight. Just to show you how big they run, I wear a 44.5 in Vass.

Thank you, my friend, for your help! I now need to go home to check what size my Vass is. Hopefully it falls into the patterns with you :nodding:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you, my friend, for your help! I now need to go home to check what size my Vass is. Hopefully it falls into the patterns with you :nodding:

Those Vass are maybe a touch big - I think I could have taken a 44 instead. But yea I would guess you're a 41 or 41.5 in Vass.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Vass are maybe a touch big - I think I could have taken a 44 instead. But yea I would guess you're a 41 or 41.5 in Vass.

You, my friend, just helped me a lot. So much for trying to get some leisure reading done outside the house...came back to check my Vass size. I am a size 41. It seems everything adds up (especially since you said you could've gone down to a 44 in your Vass).

Buttero = AS = Vass
42.5 = 10.5 = 44.5
42 = 10 = 44
41.5 = 9.5 = 43.5
41 = 9 = 43
40.5 =8.5 =42.5
40 = 8 = 42
39.5 = 7.5 = 41.5

2nd order from NMWA ordered!

Last edited:

Sotiris

Reaction score
Yes, I'm the same size as you wj4. I wear a 41 Vass F, 7.5 Carmina, and 40 Buttero sneakers. Which going by unbel's ½ size down from those sneakers re-confirms the 39.5 sizing for the side zips.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got the Scott and Charters lambswool cardigan - it's very luxurious and super warm. I love it.. in principle. However, be aware that it runs large..

I'm 5'6", weigh about 165 and normally wear a 36S or a 38S suit size. I purchased this in a Size Small.

Here's two pictures of me, one in the cardigan and one without to give you an idea of scale.. I have folded the cuffs up to make the sleeves work

The shirt is a size 15/33 BB ESF OCBD for reference.

I love this sweater but feel like it is too big for me, my girlfriend says it looks like I'm wearing "[my] big brother's sweater." Anyone think it is practical to try and shrink? Greg, is there any chance this will be offered in an extra small any time soon?

Thanks for posting those pics. I was just about to ordeva medium, and it looks like I need a small or extra small also. I am your weight but about 2" taller.

Jsoftz

Reaction score

Thanks for posting those pics. I was just about to ordeva medium, and it looks like I need a small or extra small also. I am your weight but about 2" taller.

No problem - that's half of why I posted it. I don't think they have an extra small?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's also wearing a suit under the oatmeal. Guess this means the field jacket will be roomy.

That jacket isn't really roomy. It's more cinched with the draw cords pulled but even then, unless sizing up, it isn't cut and sized to layer a jacket underneath. Would need to size up for that.
Yes - pricing in the $700-$750 range?

Most likely higher than that. I don't have prices yet but someone sells those north of $1200 (easy to google). I'm sure we can get to a price near or under the $1k line but it isn't going to be 700
I'm 5'6", weigh about 165 and normally wear a 36S or a 38S suit size. I purchased this in a Size Small.
(...)
Anyone think it is practical to try and shrink? Greg, is there any chance this will be offered in an extra small any time soon?

This is a full size too large for you. If you can fit into a 36S, then it's clear that S was too large for you. Especially if you do not intend to wear it as a jacket - I.e. on top of other layers.

My size guidance on these is : if you intend to wear it as top layer, sized as a jacket, then take your regular letter size (I wear an L). If you don't want to wear it like that and want to wear it like a sweater, buttoned on top of a shirt, then you need to size down.
The Scott and Charles might work best if you're able to wear it as outwear. Maybe even unbuttoned...

Agreed. That's a chunky piece of wool. It can look awkward and unflatteringly bulky IMO when worn as a sweater. Whereas it looks badass when worn as a jacket, open and with a scarf.
When will it be up on the site?

Whenever the photos are ready.
Whoa, this might be too good to pass up. :happy:

But this would be expensive, I bet. What sort of ballpark would we be looking at here for cost? And how many people would you need to do a group MTO? I need to know if I have to start saving...

I have no idea yet. I just threw that idea up in the air. Maybe we can also tack on orders for the lambswool version for those who missed their size or color - or those who need an XS

+1. Looks awesome
My Talarico Umbrella is getting some good use today...

Mine too. That was an intense morning in NYC

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite thing about the Talarico (other than it is the perfect umbrella and looks sexy) is that once your bring it in and set it to dry it dries extremely fast...

can't stand when they sit there and drip for hours and don't dry...

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just have to say that I wish I lived in a colder climate if only so I could wear this. TS(s) is so good.

Last edited:

Beav

Reaction score

That jacket isn't really roomy. It's more cinched with the draw cords pulled but even then, unless sizing up, it isn't cut and sized to layer a jacket underneath. Would need to size up for that.
Most likely higher than that. I don't have prices yet but someone sells those north of $1200 (easy to google). I'm sure we can get to a price near or under the $1k line but it isn't going to be 700

Thanks for thinking of this, if you end up developing this idea I'd like to get in on this. Perhaps offering different colors as well? That would be nice, a dark green perhaps...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the end, I went with the navy S&C lambswool cardigan instead of the camel. I had forgotten :)embar:) that I had an Inverallan 6A in oatmeal, so that was enough knitwear in that tone.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads