• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that.

More importantly... what did you get?
smile.gif

Last edited:

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That navy basketweave Rock. :slayer:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Heschung boots/chukkas. I tried on one that was marked 9 1/2. What would that be in US sizes? 10.5 or 11?
According to Heschung, a 10. Don't ask me why. It follows no convention, and makes no sense.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It follows the most common UK/US size conversion convention

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

For many of us, UK size is US-1, but for plenty of brands (including a whole swath of Northampton shoe makers, e.g. EG), US = UK + 0.5

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK LA Guy, I'm going with your input and ordering a size 10 now. The pair I tried in SF was marked a 9.5 inside the tongue.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, Greg. Pretty much every maker I know would say that there is a full size between UK and US sizes. In my experience, that is usually the most accurate conversion as well.

And many mark the shoes with 1/2 a size difference.

I think 1 full size is a better conversion but it certainly is far from universal

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. And yes, car interior (Acura "umber").

Very handsome colour. My ideal combo would be a gun metal grey E39 or E60 M5 with baseball-brown leather. Just not feasible or sensible where I am. Plus, one would want a German highway to go with that mobil.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And many mark the shoes with 1/2 a size difference.

I think 1 full size is a better conversion but it certainly is far from universal
And when it comes to sneakers, it gets even crazier. I've had sneakers that are marked EU 44.5, US 11, which is.. unusual. But yeah, it's definitely not universal, and it is the the source of many online disappointments. I personally feel that the the "marked size" should be reported, since the conversion of often useless, and just causes more confusion.

OK LA Guy, I'm going with your input and ordering a size 10 now. The pair I tried in SF was marked a 9.5 inside the tongue.
Yeah. Heschung uses the +1/2 convention. You'll have one of the biggest pairs of size 10 US shoes ever made. I can go as long as a marked 9 in most Heschung footwear and have room to spare. The only other shoes I can wear in a size 9UK are the gunboat 7WK Alfred Sargent last and the 4444 Tricker's last.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That Schneider woven blouson thing is bananas. Also digging the Camoshita navy mohair winter blazer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Schneider woven blouson thing is bananas. Also digging the Camoshita navy mohair winter blazer.
To get the most enjoyment out of them, you should buy them and send them to me. I mean, fall is essentially here in Idaho, but back in LA, it's going to be summer until, what, January? It only makes fiscal sense for you to get as much use out of them as possible,

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is however very surprising.  What email address have you been emailing?  We typically don't leave any email unanswered - unless they do not call for an answer.

yeah emailing from the "contact us" page. ill try it from gmail directly. maybe its a problem with the site.

anyone else trying to access the site? nothing is loading for me. **** my experience with this site has been horrible. slow and cumbersome at best. now nothing is loading at all

edit - finally

Last edited:

emiristol

Reaction score
Yeah the site's slow. I believe @gdl203 has already addressed this previously, although I don't remember whether he said they're going to improve it or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads