• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I enjoy he SW&D what are you wearing thread. Many things I never see myself wearing and many things I just might. It's a lively thread.

They are awesome. SW&D is intimidating though. Those guys know their stuff. And at least for me... it is just completely foreign to anything I have EVER seen.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stop by. Try stuff out. Ask questions. Whatever. :)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@unbelragazzo I hope that is not indicative for everyone as I too have the same proportion issues (dropped right shoulder, high right hip). Trousers look fantastic IMO...look for a future PM from me :eek:

Looking forward to NMWA FW14...picked up one of my favorite items last season from NMWA (LBM Polo Coat). Looking to match that this year ^^

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:fu:
This.

Just dont be a turd.

Oh, come on Stitchy, you know me well enough to know that I do not have a turdish bone in my body. Honestly, the best thing about NMWA for me has been improving my casual wardrobe. I have bought more SW&Dish stuff this year than... well.. since ever.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Always. Too many threads, not enough time to lurk.
Ok, I thought maybe it was a full run. I already have the best piece from that season - the double alpaca - but wanted to get a few jumpers and cardigans I slept on.

Having owned the double alpaca... the merino is probably the "better" piece. YMMV :embar: double alpaca definitely more widely associated with the collection though.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, come on Stitchy, you know me well enough to know that I do not have a turdish bone in my body. Honestly, the best thing about NMWA for me has been improving my casual wardrobe. I have bought more SW&Dish stuff this year than... well.. since ever.

Lol, I was not talking about you, I was just saying in general for people dropping in to SWD. But truth be told, its a pretty good life rule in general.

Same year regarding SWD kops.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are awesome. SW&D is intimidating though. Those guys know their stuff. And at least for me... it is just completely foreign to anything I have EVER seen.
CM is TV. SWD is the internet.

It's intimidating, imho, primarily because there is relatively little programming.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@unbelragazzo I hope that is not indicative for everyone as I too have the same proportion issues (dropped right shoulder, high right hip). Trousers look fantastic IMO...look for a future PM from me :eek:

Looking forward to NMWA FW14...picked up one of my favorite items last season from NMWA (LBM Polo Coat). Looking to match that this year ^^

I probably could have tugged at it a bit and let it settle and it would have gotten more even. But I think this is a problem everyone with uneven shoulders (I.e. almost everyone) faces to some extent. Do you not usually see that happening on your suit jackets and SCs?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWD is not intimidating.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Open minds will always prevail.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having owned the double alpaca... the merino is probably the "better" piece. YMMV :embar: double alpaca definitely more widely associated with the collection though.

The merino coat is great, dont get me wrong, I just think the double alpaca is the better design. I almost bought the merino during the initial release, but felt like it would have worked better without the hood and with a longer liner, and really the coat itself could have been longer. I'm glad SS is doing longer coats again.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SWD is not intimidating.

I've only ever lurked in the SWD WAWYT but I'd agree that it's not intimidating. Seems like a good collection of people with different styles and fits. It is a thread where the assumption is that you are willing to have the fit critiqued, which can be hard I suppose. But that's true in the equivalent thread on the MC side.

Anyway, I also agree that NMWA has broadened the scope of my collection nicely. There are a lot of things that I honestly wouldn't have considered except for the great presentation pieces get on NMWA, the confidence I've developed in how well Greg picks his stock, and the good people here on this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads