• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. If it helps others with sizing, gdl203 is spot on, I'm on the taller side - 6'2", 175lbs, 40.5" chest, 33.5" waist, and 19" shoulders.

You are basically my size. I would think the smallest I could go is a 52.

Mrk200

Reaction score

You are basically my size. I would think the smallest I could go is a 52.

In general, I find 52's fit great in the shoulders, but too wide in the body. So I usually go by measurements, and will go for a 50 if the shoulders are wide enough and the jacket is long enough. The Eidos field jacket seems to be wider in the shoulders than most jackets I've tried on - the 50 already overhangs by a bit, and I fear a 52 would be too much.

malat

Reaction score
My sense is that shoulder precision is less important for this type of jacket, that, to my eye, benefits from a little less sculpting to a particular physique. Perhaps your are overemphasizing this aspect -- I would at least try the 52 if I were you. It appears a bit trim across the chest as well (see bkotsko's fit). FWIW, you have about 5" of height on me, but our weight and other measurements are near the same. I find the 52 fits me best.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want to be like Mr. Hill when I grow up....even though we are about the same age. Cool stuff, Greg. I hope you do this often.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to be like Mr. Hill when I grow up....even though we are about the same age. Cool stuff, Greg. I hope you do this often.

He may be younger than you, actually

I'll try, when I come across a cool look.

Or we could do a "Ask Greg" column here where you guys post a look - and I see if I can emulate (not necessarily reproduce) with the gear in store :)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In general, I find 52's fit great in the shoulders, but too wide in the body. So I usually go by measurements, and will go for a 50 if the shoulders are wide enough and the jacket is long enough. The Eidos field jacket seems to be wider in the shoulders than most jackets I've tried on - the 50 already overhangs by a bit, and I fear a 52 would be too much.

Since you can cinch the waist, I agree you should try the 52. The 50 just looks too snug all over and that's probably accentuating the way the shoulders might appear to overhang a bit in the pic. Even if the shoulders of the 52 are wider than you're used to, overall it may just fit and hang better on your frame.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all amazing but I have a special place in my heart reserved for that grey suede
inlove.gif

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]Can someone please buy Valstar Field coat in size 48 before I commit a crime. No more outwear for me.

Last edited:

Mrk200

Reaction score
Thanks @malat and @teddieriley. I agree that the jacket looks too snug all over and I'm probably overemphasizing the shoulder fit. I usually prefer a trim fit, but I'm just beginning to build my wardrobe and haven't dialed in outerwear yet. I'm going to return the jacket, but I'm still undecided about sizing up or maybe finding another field jacket that appeals to me.

@gdl203 Speaking of other field jackets, the Valstar is gorgeous as well. The measurements seem a more roomy than the Eidos - if I decide to give it a shot, would you recommend I try a 50 or 52?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

all amazing but I have a special place in my heart reserved for that grey suede :inlove:

I featured it on the Instagram just for you

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SW&D people should know that I'm a vocal proponent of suede harringtons. :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads