Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 6:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 7/18/16 at 7:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6303post #94531 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:37pmpost #94532 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:38pmQuote:
Its been done b4...Quote:
What Ya'll slept on is FUCKING GOLD BUTTONS from SPOO! DB = DOUBLE WIN!
Still can't get over it!
Ya'll still remember the first gold buttons thrifted last year? On that Oxxford??
Good shit right there...post #94533 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:42pmQuote:
+1, was just going to post this!!!!post #94534 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:46pmQuote:
Welcome back, Pawz! Where ya been?post #94535 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:51pmQuote:
With everything that shows up on this thread, I'm not really surprised that these were found. What amazes me is that someone put 14k gold buttons on an Alan Michaels blazer! Thanks a lot Spoo. Now I feel like I have to inspect every blazer for buttons.post #94536 of 1387282/3/14 at 1:54pmQuote:
Haha true true...We all felt the same way about checking all the gold blazer buttons after the first set were found! But like you said, THANKS ALOT SPOO, this just confirms we gotta check all the "shit", cuz ya never know...post #94537 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:15pmFound a couple of cool things last coupe of days.
Paul Stuart shirt. Very nice details. 18 35 Available
Beretta Duck Camo reversible jacket/liner Available
New with tags old stock Neiman Marcus Made in USA Buffalo Check flat cap L Available
PRL Wool Stormy Cromer type Hat XL Not available
Vintage B&L Ray Ban Ambermatics.post #94538 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:16pmQuote:Quote:
Did I miss something?post #94539 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Thanks Spoo, we'll see if I can make this puppy work
You won that?!? My jaw literally dropped when I saw that close. I was heartbroken until now when I found out that it was you. Now Im happy! Wear it in good health or sell it for a hella profit.Quote:
Dude, since the day that I saw the Oxxford post, I started checking EVERYTHING. Every time I saw a gold. Finally paid off. I mean I had to have looked at over 3500 jacket buttons, easy.
edit - find of the year, 2012.post #94540 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Anyway, flipping through the racks, nothing spectacular, then I saw this which warmed the cockles of my heart :
Then came across a staple blue DB, seemed nice... flipped open the jacket, saw this :
BOO. Pass, boring, slide over to the next. But in that slide, Something caught my eye and I went back....it couldnt be, could it? In flipping literally thousands of jackets, Ive never...ever... until today...
Solid gold buttons. On a DB no less! 4 fronts and 6 for the sleeves. All marked 14K.
Now how much was that bastard again?
Hi, Mr. cashier, Ill take this, please. Oh, this is pretty heavy, is it a winter coat? Well, its a winter weight, sure. Great, winter coats are half off today!
Im SO glad I can cross this off my list... I never thought it was going to happen.post #94541 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:35pmpost #94542 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:47pmpost #94543 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:48pmpost #94544 of 1387282/3/14 at 2:55pmQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not marked if it's Alligator but there are numbers (google turned up nothing, really)
Doesn't really wrinkle when bent, looks like. Tried bend it as much as possible.
Forgot to add this one:post #94545 of 1387282/3/14 at 3:06pm
Not any overly fancy thrift fit, but I wanted an excuse to give a shout out to @SpecialK2k12 for the great deal on the barbour vest:
(crappy iphone picture, sorry)
Barbour Quilted Vest
Vintage B&L Wayfarers
Uniqlo Zip up Hoodie
Cheap Gap Denim
(can't see) Clarks Chukkas
(also can't see) Alanis Morissette 1992 tour t-shirt with huge block numbers of 69 on the back, hahaha
Beard: my Norwegian heritage..
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › LAST OFF! Brand New Carson Street Clothiers Loro Piana Sportcoats -... 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Wool&Prince Brand Wool Shirts 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding