• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
As for YSL, is this tie any good? What's the deal with the Milwaukee label? I like it a bit, so even if it's not flippable I'll keep it. *shrug*. If interested, the blue is a bit lighter than it looks in these shots.

baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

Go read back 1000 posts (this is by far the best way to learn IMO) and you won't make this mistake again and again and again with ties, shirts, suits, etc etc etc.

BB shirts are good if your keeping them but if your looking to flip I'd prob stick to Slim Fit and Extra Slim Fit only or you will have a BIG pile of BB shirts.
Nice pickup on the RLPL pants though
fistbump.gif

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score

baldy%5B1%5D.gif
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Go read back 1000 posts (this is by far the best way to learn IMO) and you won't make this mistake again and again and again with ties, shirts, suits, etc etc etc.

BB shirts are good if your keeping them but if your looking to flip I'd prob stick to Slim Fit and Extra Slim Fit only or you will have a BIG pile of BB shirts.
Nice pickup on the RLPL pants though :fistbump:

I have read back that far, and that is always the advice given. But the problem is as a newbie you're still observing from 1000 ft up, so it's hard to pick up on something like that slim fit note. The YSL tie I get, but there were plenty of completed eBay auctions for fair prices (the other advice given) so *shrug*.

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote: Its a running joke on the thread, along with Dior. It's all crap crap crap. The BB note was a side note and just friendly advice. You can flip BB shirts if you want to make $5-$10 all day long, but not really usually worth it, after fees, time to take picture, time to ship, etc etc. Same with the YSL tie. If you think you can flip it due to completed eBay auction prices, go for it
fing02[1].gif

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have read back that far, and that is always the advice given. But the problem is as a newbie you're still observing from 1000 ft up, so it's hard to pick up on something like that slim fit note. The YSL tie I get, but there were plenty of completed eBay auctions for fair prices (the other advice given) so *shrug*.
well said
I like the ysl if you are keeping it for yourself it was a good purchase, I also bought a ysl that I kept for myself but wouldn't bring jack squat on ebay

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

]
and 4.5 oz sterling silver... $100 expensive but i like the items and it ends up being close to market value

4.5 (.925) ($34.64) = $144.19

You did fine.

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
A few shirts from today
nod[1].gif
Left a staple 3 roll 2 w/ ticket pocket solid medium gray St. Andrews suit due to holes on the shoulder and crotch
censored.gif

Brioni Dark Purple Striped Shirt
DSC_1753.jpg

Tagged Size "III" = Large
Neck (flat button to hole) 16.00"
Chest (pit to pit) 23.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 20.50"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 23.5"
Excellent Quality Shirt
Engraved Buttons
Hidden Button Down Collar
Two Cuff Buttons for Adjustment
Two Extra Buttons

Robert Graham Striped Reb/Blue Shirt
DSC_1764.jpg

Tagged Size Large
Chest (pit to pit) 24.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 20.25"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 24.50"
Awesome Robert Graham Pattern
Embroidery Under Buttons
Two Button Cuff
"Knowledge Wisdom Truth"
Two Extra Buttons

Zegna Multi-Color Striped Casual Shirt
DSC_1776.jpg

Tagged Size Large
Neck (flat button to hole) 16.50"
Chest (pit to pit) 24.75"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 21.00"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 26.50"
Excellent Quality Shirt
Mother Of Pearl (MOP) Buttons
Hidden Button Down Collar
Pleated Back Shoulders
3rd to Last Button Chipped

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score

Its a running joke on the thread, along with Dior. It's all crap crap crap. The BB note was a side note and just friendly advice. You can flip BB shirts if you want to make $5-$10 all day long, but not really usually worth it, after fees, time to take picture, time to ship, etc etc. Same with the YSL tie. If you think you can flip it due to completed eBay auction prices, go for it 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Apologies if my reply came off unappreciative, BTW, :cheers:.

well said
I like the ysl if you are keeping it for yourself it was a good purchase, I also bought a ysl that I kept for myself but wouldn't bring jack squat on ebay

Keep it I shall, then.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Its a running joke on the thread, along with Dior. It's all crap crap crap. The BB note was a side note and just friendly advice. You can flip BB shirts if you want to make $5-$10 all day long, but not really usually worth it, after fees, time to take picture, time to ship, etc etc. Same with the YSL tie. If you think you can flip it due to completed eBay auction prices, go for it 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Let us emphasize that you mean Christian Dior. If it only says Dior, well, that's far from crap.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
damn, what a frustrating day. especially considering all of the finds lately.

I did, however, have several firsts in the wild. unfortunately they were all way above budget (ie Barbour sweater - $30, NWT Pringle Sweater - $70, Incotex - $55) also ran into plenty of orphans >,<

Alas i grabbed some things

Merrell Barefoot Running Shoes 30% of retail
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Anyone a 20 Neck? NWT Gitman Formal Shirt

Two sweet cycling jerseys

Aquascutum Navy Blazer - Sweet Buttons, Dual Vent, Pick Stitching - 44R Available

Also a first for me.

Drakes 40oz Windsor Twill

Left this on the racks because I've been burned by some orphans lately. Should I go back and pick this up? I couldnt tell if it was SC or Suit. Cheers!

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Left this on the racks because I've been burned by some orphans lately.  Should I go back and pick this up? I couldnt tell if it was SC or Suit.  Cheers!

[/SPOILER]

It's a suit jacket.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, everyone here has bringing home some incredible stuff. I actually really liked that Etro coat that Eazy picked up.

Well, I made it back here after a near missed flight. I also narrowly avoided an overweight luggage charge for a duffle full of thrift stuff. Luckily, the guy at the counter was incredibly generous and said "That's expensive. Tell you what, let's not weigh anymore of these and we'll just put a heavy tag on that one to warn people. $200 for all of them." Best experience checking my luggage in on any flight!

I will try to get some picture up sometime of some of the other stuff I found. Some I bought new for myself, the discounts were pretty amazing on a lot of things. The euro wasn't as strong this time around, but the deals in the US still can't be beat. My wife and I are planning another trip in May and we may head out to California. I'd love to do some meetups, so I'll keep everyone posted. :)

Anyway, I thought I'd post pictures of an otherwise boring purchase. I have trouble finding smaller sized socks as I'm sure most people with small feet do. I've been known to pay way too much for dress socks that have real sizes instead of the generic 7-12 sized socks you find. Normally for no-show socks, I'll try to find low cut boys socks or women's socks so the heel doesn't slip out of the shoe and defeat the purpose of no-show socks by actually showing.

Anyway, it's a pain to find but I grabbed these and liked them a lot:

These were at TJ Maxx for $8 and at DSW for $13 or $14. They can be found at the checkout at DSW and near the checkout at TJ Maxx (or the women's section). There are a few different styles, but these were the best. They're thin and not noticeably women's socks, but they don't show when you wear low top chucks.

Anyway, thought I'd share to help others out!

While I was at TJ Maxx waiting for my wife, I also found the exact type of iPhone case I've been looking for. The phone clips in on one side and it as credit card slots on the other. They'll go unused, but the brown leather looks great and it will match most of my briefcases to some extent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads