• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah this one GW store really gave it up on jeans - I put back 3 pairs of Lucky as I already had $70 of stuff in my cart and Lucky can be iffy (for flipping).

I totally wish that H&M jacket fit me - I think eazye is a 38?..and likes "loud" sport coats. Knock knock - trade for some Waterbury BB buttons eazy?

Brooksease + Loro Piana really didn't make sense to me, but stranger things have happened. Coat needs spot treatment + dry cleaning + buttons sewn on = little meat on that bone but it'll keep me out of trouble.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, why would someone pay to resole fake guccis??.... but i wouldnt feel right selling them on ebay without knowing. enjoy yours, i will enjoy mine!
biggrin.gif
I would if they fit me :/ but I am a size 12D and these are a 10E does anyone want them?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ hopefully some denim experts will chime in, but i don't think those jeans fit you correctly at all. from what i understand, "stacking" is something that you want with skinny jeans, not with loose-fitting jeans. those are just too big for you.

I agree that they don't fit well enough to go strutting in public but they do close around my waist and will provide yard work jeans that I can wear longjohns beneath this fall, thereby saving my better fitting levis for nights out and such.

Oh yeah, I ran into 3 of these bad boys. Picked up one to flip. Doesn't look the best quality jeans but there's the Zegna name and it's a bit on the novel side.

That was my point in getting them, I think. Raking leaves in $300 retail Eye-tal-yun jeans? Srsly? I might even wear the Ferragamo loafers as well! :slayer:

mistermidwester

Reaction score

Whoa!!! :bounce2: :slayer:
Did you do good? You hit it out of the park! That thing is insane! What size is it? :D

Awesome! Seems like just 20 years ago there were 10x as many smaller companies making this stuff, so it was hard to know.

Not sure on the size, the tag is unreadable (despite the great condition of the rest of the vest). I'm a fairly tall dude who usually wears 42L and it fits me snug. I don't know if they did standard sizing on their stuff or more specifics, but it's probably a Large (40-42 or so).

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
First serious run in North Carolina. A lot of average-ish stuff, but it wasn't a bad day overall.

Duchamp, Filson, NWT BB Polo
Nat Nast, Nat Nast, Paul Stuart

Corneliani. Double vented, pleated and cuffed :(

PRL by Corneliani Trousers

Bonobos

Bills

Ledbury

J. Press cotton unstructured sport coat. Too bad it's too small for anyone to wear :hide: 16.5" ish shoulder, 19" p2p.

Orvis

Robert Graham (unfortunately not the embroidered one), Tommy Bahama for the bay

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice finds
why did you just change your highly critical post to "nice finds" you are in no way obligated to go on this thread and you can't control what people post, everyone here is here to improve and learn, everyone has "**** posts" myself very much included, and if you had more than 11 posts you probably would do, can we only have positive criticisms here?

green_machine

Reaction score
this is not meant to be racist but does anyone who is not mexican, ny italian, or middle eastern actually wear RG shirts? Even etro shirts are borderline.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is not meant to be racist but does anyone who is not mexican, ny italian, or middle eastern actually wear RG shirts? Even etro shirts are borderline.
my dad does and he is northern European, it is embarrassing
baldy[1].gif

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Randomore

Reaction score
Picked up PRL super 120's cashmere mix beautiful pants, my size!

Canali pants that fit me a little small, might be available.

Zegna sweater that fits like a dream in a great color/pattern

Pictures still being moderated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics