Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 6151post #92251 of 1387281/19/14 at 2:43pmShould have heeded the sage advice of Uncle Spoo and gone to the thrifts last night. Tomorrow is the 50% off for the general public but today was 50% off for Savers Club members. I rolled in about 11:30 and it was bedlam. People with carts piled high, including some who were obviously grabbing any "name brand" and then moving their overflowing carts off to the side to go through their finds one by one. Spoo was right, they must have put as much as possible out last night because the racks were still stuffed. Unfortunately, not too much worth mentioning other than an old school Bullock & Jones plaid jacket that I think is raw silk and some staple BB and Faconable sport shirts for me. I just know there was some good shit buried under the Aeropostale and Abercrombie in those carts. Oh well, live and learn.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92252 of 1387281/19/14 at 2:44pm
She's a beauty, a couple of moth holes that need stitching up and the a good old dry clean. It'll be as good as new.... kinda
Do you reckon? I'm not an expert on Valentino, so I'll take your word for it. How much are they RRP?post #92253 of 1387281/19/14 at 2:46pmpost #92254 of 1387281/19/14 at 2:54pmpost #92255 of 1387281/19/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
I like this except one nit to pick. The trousers are suuuuuuuper low rise, and this is coming from someone who's pant wardrobe is 90% low rise (I'm in the process of trying to remedy that). If you look at the pic, your torso looks really long in relation to the rest of your body. I only started noticing this on myself after reading some of the CM threads and various classic menswear books. It's one of those things, where, once it's seen, it can't be unseen. It might not be too big of a deal for you, but I know with my own shit, I have a hard time not noticing it anymore. The rest of it is great though!post #92256 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
I like this except one nit to pick. The trousers are suuuuuuuper low rise, and this is coming from someone who's pant wardrobe is 90% low rise (I'm in the process of trying to remedy that). If you look at the pic, your torso looks really long in relation to the rest of your body. I only started noticing this on myself after reading some of the CM threads and various classic menswear books. It's one of those things, where, once it's seen, it can't be unseen. It might not be too big of a deal for you, but I know with my own shit, I have a hard time not noticing it anymore. The rest of it is great though!
If we are nitpicking u agree about then torso looks long. Ipost #92257 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:08pmpost #92258 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:12pmpost #92259 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:14pmpost #92260 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:16pmpost #92261 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:18pmpost #92262 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:19pmpost #92263 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:20pmpost #92264 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:22pmpost #92265 of 1387281/19/14 at 3:28pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1619 Active Users (366 Members and 1253 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?