Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5635
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84512 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:07pm
You guys have been killin' it in here! Nice finds all around! Here is my meager contribution from two stops today. Too lazy to take decent pics. Apologies.
Anglomania quilted tweed. Vivienne Westwood line, right?
PZ LP wool/cashmere
English Laundry velvet, working cuffs. Didn't someone else post one these recently?
Super thick Gant tweed, triple patch pockets
Vtg Banana Republic safari vest
Aforemetioned, Dunhill orphanage. Now I will patiently wait to the pants to come to me.post #84513 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:08pm
Actually, I've seen that before. Picked up a pair of shell's about a year and a half ago with that logo, but much more faded. I think Wes was able to tell me more about them. IIRC, they were on par with Hanover quality wise. Might have been made by Hanover for Scott's Shoe store, can't quite remember.
Oh yeah, received the shoes today - f'n sweet! They fit like a glove and look fantastic! Thanks Org!post #84514 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:22pmpost #84515 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:23pmpost #84516 of 13872811/12/13 at 7:47pmpost #84517 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:01pm
Collectively I think these are one of the thread's all-time most exciting MC finds—considering the rareness, desirability, volume, purchase price, and unlikeliness. I gasped. Wonder which SFer donated these.
So many good finds lately, too many to name.post #84518 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #84519 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:15pmpost #84520 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:20pmQuote:
We stir fry the finds and season lightly with Goya Adobo, you dont?post #84521 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
That's a really nice pattern on the Billy Reid shirt. Have a shirt with a similar one, and find it quite pleasantly versatile.
In other news, had the day off today and was planning to go on my first thrifting excursion in months. Had a good breakfast, put on some warm clothes (it's effing cold in Toronto right now), set off.
About five minutes away from my first store, got a call from work asking if I could come in. Can't say no to money.
Forty minutes later, was at City Hall interviewing people in line to buy bobblehead dolls of the mayor.
Wasn't even able to thrift a bobblehead.post #84522 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:46pmpost #84523 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:47pmpost #84524 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:51pmQuote:
I think this is the best tie haul I've seen on here.Quote:
Yeah....I was gonna say, you want McIntosh. Not Macintosh.post #84525 of 13872811/12/13 at 8:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by FUMAO
Found today in TJ Maxx...
image.jpg 741k .jpg file
I guess I should add, whilst I know people on here won't be fighting over it, and some won't even know why it's worth posting - they go for $500-800 on eBay.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 32 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?