or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5069

post #76021 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

yes, I guess I'll have to back up my pre-order as I prefer the brogueing around the heel......

and yes, Epaulet's natty brixton is out of my size...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-wing-tip-boot-natural-chrome-excel/pvc-ald-mxsbd-44625_ald_m_9_eyelet_wing_tip_boot.html
post #76022 of 99321

Here's something I don't understand:  I get that there's a shortage of Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar shell, but why can't Alden offer at least "brown"?  AE doesn't seem to have any trouble getting "brown" shell.

post #76023 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Here's something I don't understand:  I get that there's a shortage of Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar shell, but why can't Alden offer at least "brown"?  AE doesn't seem to have any trouble getting "brown" shell.

No clue. Rancourt has no problem getting natural shell, and Carmina seems to be putting out enough saddle/cognac to make due.
post #76024 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Here's something I don't understand:  I get that there's a shortage of Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar shell, but why can't Alden offer at least "brown"?  AE doesn't seem to have any trouble getting "brown" shell.
I would say that 'cigar' is brown. I don't see any reason for it not to be a common color. At least the recent shades of it. Doesn't seem like any special hides are required as they claim for whiskey and ravello. Maybe if it was common they wouldn't have 3 or 4 people on a waiting list for each size at DC for the captoe boot. I highly doubt Alden is stupid.
post #76025 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

I'm pretty sure 12D was an option earlier in the day.. 

I'd call them tomorrow and see if you can hop on the preorder in hopes that Alden can allocate the material for an extra pair for you.

I called and they said they had sold out at that point and they didn't have room for one additional. Really disappointing and frustrating, as I replied to their e-mail in about 2 hours... Next time, i guess I'll just buy a size that isn't mine and flip it or something.
post #76026 of 99321
Quote:

good call. Let me shoot them an email.
post #76027 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I would say that 'cigar' is brown. I don't see any reason for it not to be a common color. At least the recent shades of it. Doesn't seem like any special hides are required as they claim for whiskey and ravello. Maybe if it was common they wouldn't have 3 or 4 people on a waiting list for each size at DC for the captoe boot. I highly doubt Alden is stupid.

Speaking of the Alden DC cigar boot - does anyone know the anticipated delivery date?  I seem to remember mid to late May time frame, but I'm not positive.  

post #76028 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Speaking of the Alden DC cigar boot - does anyone know the anticipated delivery date?  I seem to remember mid to late May time frame, but I'm not positive.  

I think about 2 months or so
post #76029 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseG View Post


No clue. Rancourt has no problem getting natural shell, and Carmina seems to be putting out enough saddle/cognac to make due.

The natural shell that Rancourt gets have imperfections that Alden and other shoemakers don't want on their lighter colours. Rancourt doesn't mind, due to their casual aesthetic, and Horween rewards them with extra shells.

post #76030 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

Might try leathersoul to see if they have a restock of these coming at some point..



I'm in on a pre-order of these. Plunked down my deposit in Jan 2013. No word yet.
post #76031 of 99321

Damnit guys i'm weak lol, I emailed Alden SF after seeing the Whiskey LSH posted yesterday and they have a pair in my size. It's not on my list of shoes I originally wanted but damn they are sweet.

 

I am trying to justify it because I got a $3k tax return but I also jumped on the Leffot Tanker preorder yesterday, I suppose I have time to put money aside for that one though. 

 

 

 

Decisions decisions...

post #76032 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Damnit guys i'm weak lol, I emailed Alden SF after seeing the Whiskey LSH posted yesterday and they have a pair in my size. It's not on my list of shoes I originally wanted but damn they are sweet.

I am trying to justify it because I got a $3k tax return but I also jumped on the Leffot Tanker preorder yesterday, I suppose I have time to put money aside for that one though. 



Decisions decisions...
Exotic, rare, whiskey shell or not...if you don't want them, don't buy them. That is my motto. Save the money for something you want.
post #76033 of 99321

Story time....

 

2 weeks ago during the CARDSONLY promotion at JCrew I was one of the lucky people to grab the a pair of LWB at the 20% discount price.  It was an impulse purchase because I thought the price was too good to pass up.  I have been searching for boots...not shoes.  Unfortunately as you all know the cap toe boots at JCrew never qualify for promotions.

 

I decided to return them.  Today I contacted customer service through chat to see if my returned had been received...it got there yesterday.  The service rep asked if I would like to try a different size and I simply said no thank you they were not the styling I was looking for in the end.  She asked what exactly I was looking for.  I told her that I have been interested in the cap toe boots for some time but wasn't interested in paying full price, and they did not qualify for the promotion that the LWBs did.  She asked me to hold a minute and came back to let me know she could send me a pair of the cap toe boots at the 20% off price.  

 

So now I have a pair of cap toe boots on there way to me for $570...

 

Someone talked numerous times about how it pays to be very polite to the JCrew stylists and service reps.  I firmly believe I got this discount because I always do little things like ask how their day is going when they offer me their obligatory "This is (Name) I hope your day is going well how may I be of service".

 

The only problem is that I have Viberg service boots being delivered this afternoon.  I may have to make a choice...

post #76034 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Exotic, rare, whiskey shell or not...if you don't want them, don't buy them. That is my motto. Save the money for something you want.

 

I agree. I've sent a pair of Ravello back because the shoes just didn't do it for me. I might end up doing the same with my #8 LWBs since I already have a pair of Tobacco Chamois with a commando sole on preorder from Leffot. I think those would see more time on my feet due to the commando sole than the #8s would with their leather sole.

post #76035 of 99321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernim View Post

Story time....

2 weeks ago during the CARDSONLY promotion at JCrew I was one of the lucky people to grab the a pair of LWB at the 20% discount price.  It was an impulse purchase because I thought the price was too good to pass up.  I have been searching for boots...not shoes.  Unfortunately as you all know the cap toe boots at JCrew never qualify for promotions.

I decided to return them.  Today I contacted customer service through chat to see if my returned had been received...it got there yesterday.  The service rep asked if I would like to try a different size and I simply said no thank you they were not the styling I was looking for in the end.  She asked what exactly I was looking for.  I told her that I have been interested in the cap toe boots for some time but wasn't interested in paying full price, and they did not qualify for the promotion that the LWBs did.  She asked me to hold a minute and came back to let me know she could send me a pair of the cap toe boots at the 20% off price.  

So now I have a pair of cap toe boots on there way to me for $570...

Someone talked numerous times about how it pays to be very polite to the JCrew stylists and service reps.  I firmly believe I got this discount because I always do little things like ask how their day is going when they offer me their obligatory "This is (Name) I hope your day is going well how may I be of service".

The only problem is that I have Viberg service boots being delivered this afternoon.  I may have to make a choice...

Wow, that is pretty awesome. You must keep both, of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***