or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 2021

post #30301 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Interesting they have numerous of these, e.g., Modified, TruSquare, TruBalance, etc.
I wonder if the Barrie was made for similar purposes since it does run slightly more voluminous.

alden main business line up to 1954 was boots for the ma state troopers and orthopedic shoes for victims of polio. fortunately the salk vaccine invented in 1954 substantially reduced the need for orthopedic shoes which alden was very happy to lose that business

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #30302 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

enjoy wearing your good looking cap toe boots
Thank you Uncle.
post #30303 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmj View Post

From the modified last thread, here is the current shoemart natural cxl plain toe boot on the modified last:
Great boot. I had to go to the thread to see if they were yours or if you were posting someone else's boots.
post #30304 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

welcome to the forum

Thank you fine Sir. I have regularly perused SF for the last number of years and have thus far posted infrequently, mostly because I find what I am looking for. I have enjoyed the Alden threads in particular. Your Alden collection is sublime.
post #30305 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Thank you fine Sir. I have regularly perused SF for the last number of years and have thus far posted infrequently, mostly because I find what I am looking for. I have enjoyed the Alden threads in particular. Your Alden collection is sublime.

thank you
post #30306 of 87941
21ka6fk.jpg
cigar utip
argyles otc
16k5i7t.jpg
post #30307 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

I got those years ago. I used to stand all day on a trading floor and they were very comfortable. Standing all day in leather soles can be a killer on the feet!! But that's me....350x261px-LL-c6fa6335_IMG_2382.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I rarely see these orthopedic Alden models. I wish you comfort and good health wearing them smile.gif

I will say that I have a few old pairs of Hyde bowling shoes from their defunct "Athletics" street line that are insanely comfortable and look very much like these Alden shoes. I usually wear them with jeans.
post #30308 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

interesting - do you have a foot condition as well or was this a pure fashion/functional choice for you? I can see how having the lacing going all the way down to the toes would make for a comfortable shoe. It does look a bit like a bowling shoe.
I got those years ago. I used to stand all day on a trading floor and they were very comfortable. Standing all day in leather soles can be a killer on the feet!! But that's me....350x261px-LL-c6fa6335_IMG_2382.jpeg

Those are a heck of a lot better looking in suede than leather. Like a different shoe.
post #30309 of 87941
Has anyone heard news of the Shoemart #4 Captoe boot? I was able to get in on the pre-order a few months back for them. I called earlier today and the customer service person said they were likely "in production". Does anyone know how long it takes for an item in production to be completed?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html
post #30310 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Has anyone heard news of the Shoemart #4 Captoe boot? I was able to get in on the pre-order a few months back for them. I called earlier today and the customer service person said they were likely "in production". Does anyone know how long it takes for an item in production to be completed?
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

Wasn't delivery scheduled for July? That's what they told me for both boots, although wingtips showed up early. I really wish I preordered the captoe as well, #4 is so rich
post #30311 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Has anyone heard news of the Shoemart #4 Captoe boot? I was able to get in on the pre-order a few months back for them. I called earlier today and the customer service person said they were likely "in production". Does anyone know how long it takes for an item in production to be completed?
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

Wasn't delivery scheduled for July? That's what they told me for both boots, although wingtips showed up early. I really wish I preordered the captoe as well, #4 is so rich

I want to see a #4 LWB. I'd jump all over that. Has it ever been done?
post #30312 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

cigar utip
argyles otc
Great shoes. The bar lacing add's a lot to the look. Everything looks really clean?
post #30313 of 87941
Whatever happened to makewayhomer? confused-29.gif
post #30314 of 87941
There are conflicting stories out there about the #4 cap toe boot....

Back in march when I put my name down, I remember being told that the Captoe boots were 4-5 weeks away and the #4 wingtip boot was 4-5 months away.

So....the #4 wingtip boot arrived in May....so I called about the #4 captoe when the #4 wingtip came in. I was told that Alden told shoemart that the captoe boot was in production and would be ready soon.

I called again this week and was told the order was just sent to Alden on May 26th, so figure 8-12 months from there.

I honestly dont know what or who to believe....I need to call back and speak to Ed.
post #30315 of 87941
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

There are conflicting stories out there about the #4 cap toe boot....
Back in march when I put my name down, I remember being told that the Captoe boots were 4-5 weeks away and the #4 wingtip boot was 4-5 months away.
So....the #4 wingtip boot arrived in May....so I called about the #4 captoe when the #4 wingtip came in. I was told that Alden told shoemart that the captoe boot was in production and would be ready soon.
I called again this week and was told the order was just sent to Alden on May 26th, so figure 8-12 months from there.
I honestly dont know what or who to believe....I need to call back and speak to Ed.
They could both be right if there is a second order?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***