Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2709post #40621 of 1224161/8/13 at 12:58pmpost #40622 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
Not sure that anyone can confirm this with certainty, although we would all wish it to be true. Frankly, I think many were surprised to see this recent burst of Ravello out of the factory, given that many retailers were saying around August Ravello would be impossible to find for the next 18+months.
But what do I know, I only became aware of Alden less than 2 years ago.post #40623 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:25pm
Silly Question: I just ordered some cedar shoe racks from woodlore, and was going to keep them in my room so that I can stare at my shoes all day long. Will my shell shoes get faded from the light, even if not in direct sunlight? or do they need to be kept in a dark closet with no light at all to avoid fading?
I suspect that they will be okay as long as they are not in direct sunlight, as nothing else in my house has faded in such a way, but thought I would check to be sure.post #40624 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:38pmpost #40625 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by str1185
Just came in today! My first pair of Alden shell cordovan. The Cigar Indy boot! I just wanted to share and thank you guys on the forum for posting such great info. These fit great, and look amazing.
Ravello cap toe boot
I know I'm looking for unicorns, but if anyone spots them please send me a pm. I hope you all have a nice week.
wear your cigar indy in good healthpost #40626 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
I didn't want to post about this until I had some results to report, but now that I do...
I have complained ad nauseam about how poorly LHS have fit me over the years, but that I have kept trying them. Seems silly, but they LOOK so comfortable that I keep getting suckered in. My last foray into that shoe led me to buy a ravello pair and employ a vamp raiser. Close, but no dice, had to sell them.
However, emboldened by the purchase of the vamp raiser - and the receipt of several gift cards, and the ability to employ my corporate discount, making them (relatively) cheap - I bought a pair of the Brooks unlined LHS in #8. Yes, I am stubborn as hell.
I used the Mac method to break them in, and slowly stretched the vamp using said vamp raiser (and generously applied stretching fluid)...with fantastic results! I love them. Super comfortable, and they've gotten moreso with each subsequent wear.
thank you for posting
enjoy wearing in good healthpost #40627 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:53pmpost #40628 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:56pmpost #40629 of 1224161/8/13 at 1:58pmpost #40630 of 1224161/8/13 at 2:08pmpost #40631 of 1224161/8/13 at 2:08pm
Those (Alden cigar boots in brogue above) are the best looking Alden boots I have ever seen. Where did you get them?
I just received two pair of Alden boots, an 11.5E Cigar Captoe with commando soul and a 12E Color#8 Captoe. I am trying to decide which to keep, more due to fit. The colors of the two are almost identical and I am told that the Cigars are coming in very dark. These boots are much darker than my four other Cigar Aldens.
A shout out to the folks at Alden of DC. This is the second time they sent me two pair to try for size while only charging for one pair. I got a rare pair of Ravello Longwings and stuck with the 11.5E and they have turned out to be the most comfortable Aldens I have ever worn. I was told the Barrie last would fit long, but I wear an 11.5e in all my other Aldens and these fit great.
I will try and post a few pictures tomorrow when the light is better.post #40632 of 1224161/8/13 at 2:31pmBucho: Hope you're speaking of my Cigar WT boots above...If not, I guess I'm going to look like the buffoon.
Thank you for your compliment.
Those boots are from Epaulet (Spring/Summer 2012). They are on the Barrie last but for some reason they seem to me to look a bit more narrow and less bulky than my other Barrie last shoes.
I have only wore them 5-7 times but the variations in the cigar shell are already quite nice. I did some mac-methoding on them last night, with a touch of Venetian shoe cream and they shined so nicely.post #40633 of 1224161/8/13 at 2:54pmpost #40634 of 1224161/8/13 at 3:39pmpost #40635 of 1224161/8/13 at 3:51pm
What's the best CXL selection in everyone's opinion? Don't care if it's shoe or boot. In other words, which Alden model best shows off the attributes/beauty of CXL? And CXL or Natural CXL?
I know there's no single answer, just looking for opinions.
In the market for a pair and not sure what to get...
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Antica Camiceria Luciano Lombardi - Napoli - Bespoke Shirt 4 minutes ago
- › 2016/2017 Flannels !! Suggestions?... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › T Shirts for Men - Best collections Men's T-Shirts at TeesFair 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...