or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7157  

post #107341 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post
 

Some Tuesday Tank action. Please forgive the cell phone shadow. My Shoe pic game is still semi pro level at best.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

looking good!

 

denim 3sixteen shadow selvedge? If so, I am wearing the jacket version today. Really nice denim 

 

could be Rogue but sticking with 3sixteen...lets see if I am on my game or not 

post #107342 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

looking good!

 

denim 3sixteen shadow selvedge? If so, I am wearing the jacket version today. Really nice denim 

 

could be Rogue but sticking with 3sixteen...lets see if I am on my game or not 

 

 

Found my old Samurai 710xx 19oz in my dresser yesterday. 2+ years of wear, two crotch repairs and I think two washes. I probably bought these 6-7 years ago I think, back in my denim nerd phase. Proxy'd straight from Japan.

 


 

More Pics (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #107343 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

looking good!

 

denim 3sixteen shadow selvedge? If so, I am wearing the jacket version today. Really nice denim 

 

could be Rogue but sticking with 3sixteen...lets see if I am on my game or not 

And the correct answer is....Rogue Territory Work Trousers. 13.5 Dark(Blue x Black) selvedge denim from Kurabo Mills. Very similar to the 3Sixteen Shadow denim. 

 

I am actually wearing the Black 3Sixteen Type 3 today. It is hands down my favorite trucker jacket. I am so close to picking up the shadow version to go with the double black version. Love the cut and fit on it.

post #107344 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

Found my old Samurai 710xx 19oz in my dresser yesterday. 2+ years of wear, two crotch repairs and I think two washes. I probably bought these 6-7 years ago I think, back in my denim nerd phase. Proxy'd straight from Japan.

 


 

More Pics (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

sick fadez on dem jawnz brah

 

in all seriousness, those look killer! You don't still wear them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post
 

And the correct answer is....Rogue Territory Work Trousers. 13.5 Dark(Blue x Black) selvedge denim from Kurabo Mills. Very similar to the 3Sixteen Shadow denim. 

 

I am actually wearing the Black 3Sixteen Type 3 today. It is hands down my favorite trucker jacket. I am so close to picking up the shadow version to go with the double black version. Love the cut and fit on it.

dammnit! so close! I was really back and forth...

 

I have the shadow version and its on its inaugural wear today...its going to be a labor of love for sure it get it broken in and I own too much outwear so we will see. I love some of the additions (hand pockets, streamlined back, etc). I also like that its not crazy short. My only knit pick it that the cuffs are pretty damn tight and I am wearing the sleeves unbuttoned as a result. But would still be a very highly recommended piece.

 

sorry for the non-Alden hijack

post #107345 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Tan loafers arrived, they look great. I always thought I wanted snuff but Tan is going to be the perfect summer loafer. A quick office pic with my shoe of the day. I need some more shoe tress haha.




Nice... Did you go with your Whiskey LHS size? I like the tan better for Summer.
post #107346 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

 

sick fadez on dem jawnz brah

 

in all seriousness, those look killer! You don't still wear them?

dammnit! so close! I was really back and forth...

 

I have the shadow version and its on its inaugural wear today...its going to be a labor of love for sure it get it broken in and I own too much outwear so we will see. I love some of the additions (hand pockets, streamlined back, etc). I also like that its not crazy short. My only knit pick it that the cuffs are pretty damn tight and I am wearing the sleeves unbuttoned as a result. But would still be a very highly recommended piece.

 

sorry for the non-Alden hijack

Agreed the cuffs are tight, so i also rock unbuttoned. The length is a huge plus for me being 6'1. Enjoy that thing. I've seen some great fades already on the shadow type three. Ben over at Snake Oil Provisions has been rocking his almost daily and the fades are beautiful. Check his Insta. The shadow has such an electric blue hue to its fades. The black is gonna take a lot to begin fading, but suck a great fit.

 

*Hijack over*

post #107347 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Tan loafers arrived, they look great. I always thought I wanted snuff but Tan is going to be the perfect summer loafer. A quick office pic with my shoe of the day. I need some more shoe tress haha.

 

 

Those are both great! I need to get some suede LHS for the summer. Since the whiskey is darker, i say the tan suede was a good play. I may go snuff since i have no other lhs. That is unless i find a pair of Whiskey's;)

post #107348 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

 

sick fadez on dem jawnz brah

 

in all seriousness, those look killer! You don't still wear them?

dammnit! so close! I was really back and forth...

 

I have the shadow version and its on its inaugural wear today...its going to be a labor of love for sure it get it broken in and I own too much outwear so we will see. I love some of the additions (hand pockets, streamlined back, etc). I also like that its not crazy short. My only knit pick it that the cuffs are pretty damn tight and I am wearing the sleeves unbuttoned as a result. But would still be a very highly recommended piece.

 

sorry for the non-Alden hijack

 

 

Retired them a long while back but bringing them out reminds me that I should start wearing them again. Going to reinforce the crotch and get back to wearing them soon. (I think they have four crotch patches already, feels like riding a saddle lol)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post


Nice... Did you go with your Whiskey LHS size? I like the tan better for Summer.

 

I did go with the same size, they look much more narrow but I tried them on quick and they felt fine. I was worried about hearing a lot of people sized up a width, the suede should give if required though.

 

I sized my LHS to wear sockless or with a thin no show sock. 

post #107349 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

The shadow has such an electric blue hue to its fades.

Looking forward to it! Tuxedo style for @Steel28

post #107350 of 122416
Since March is winding down I thought a reflection of acquisitions this month was in order.


(Best light I could find in the afternoon)

There is one loafer missing but it wasn't shell. Was a good month. Like Burzan I need more shoe trees.

Separate topic. But my Copley lasted loafer is a bit tight at the strap. I'd say my Vans are snug and this is very snug to tight. With breakin and footbed settling my thought is it should relieve somewhat. Good assumption?
post #107351 of 122416


Alden Snuff Suede Leydan last.
post #107352 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Looking forward to it! Tuxedo style for @Steel28

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

While maybe not in the same league for denim connoisseurs, I've been enjoying the distinct patina of my Filson short cruiser jacket.  It took a long time to break in, but it's now comfortable to wear with just a tee shirt.  I know it'll last forever too.  Love the way it looks with CXL boots.

post #107353 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

Some Tuesday Tank action. Please forgive the cell phone shadow. My Shoe pic game is still semi pro level at best.









Wow, love them!
post #107354 of 122416
My Alden Indy Bootmaker Edition (TSM) in Natural in Chrom Ex just arrived. They fit pretty good, but there is a little play. 8E's in these. I think a half size down would be too small, and I have wide feet? I'm also wearing somewhat thin socks. Anyways, love the Natural color. They seem like they don't need any break in at all! A few crappy pics as I threw them on for a quick lunch break.



post #107355 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt93 View Post


Wow, love them!

Thanks! I like them alot too:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt93 View Post

My Alden Indy Bootmaker Edition (TSM) in Natural in Chrom Ex just arrived. They fit pretty good, but there is a little play. 8E's in these. I think a half size down would be too small, and I have wide feet? I'm also wearing somewhat thin socks. Anyways, love the Natural color. They seem like they don't need any break in at all! A few crappy pics as I threw them on for a quick lunch break.



 

I have a pair of Natty Indys from Leffot. Love they way natty chromexcel ages and patinas. After a few wears, no two pairs are alike. Enjoys those!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.