What is the difference between a 1 button suit and a 2 button suit. Does it depend on the body type or is one more formal?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1315post #19711 of 305561/12/13 at 7:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19712 of 305561/12/13 at 7:42pmpost #19713 of 305561/12/13 at 8:08pm
Plus, I can recall seeing Agent 86 wear a trench coat. And you could explain your lack of shoes as having something to do with your shoe phone. So definitely more Maxwell Smart, than James Bond.
Mind you, I'm talking about "classic" Maxwell Smart. As played by Don Adams. I know there was a "Get Smart" film, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, which starred someone else as Maxwell Smart. But I'm ignoring him. Same way that the only James Bond I care about was played by Sean Connery, although I know that several other actors have taken a turn since then. For all I know, the latest James Bond may actually dress sort of like Maxwell Smart once did. Heck, he may pal around with a robot named Felix Leiter (nicknamed "Hymie"), who thinks it's okay to sport a diver's watch with a dinner jacket. I really couldn't say; Hollywood is weirder than I can comfortably imagine.
Michaelpost #19714 of 305561/12/13 at 8:47pmpost #19715 of 305561/12/13 at 9:18pmpost #19716 of 305561/13/13 at 12:26ampost #19717 of 305561/13/13 at 4:17ampost #19718 of 305561/13/13 at 7:43am
First post on SF from long time lurker: Need suggestions or tips for new shoes: I would like some good quality, tan-colored derby brogues. Preferably with a Dainite-sole or equal. Quality is more important than low price, but I would like to keep it under $400-500 (£250-300) if possible. Online shopping.post #19719 of 305561/13/13 at 9:48ampost #19720 of 305561/13/13 at 9:52am
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?post #19721 of 305561/13/13 at 10:05amQuote:
http://www.thecordialchurchman.com/ great service and handmade. I have a black velvet from them as well. Sometimes out of stock of certain materials, just e-mail them and ask.post #19722 of 305561/13/13 at 10:18amQuote:It depends on the construction of the shoe. It's not as simple as there being a precise measurement at which it's universally agreed the width moves up one notch. Sorry.
BTW, there's no need to provide the width to the thousandth of an inch. Your foot's width changes by far more than that all the time. There comes a point where additional significant digits become largely pointless. Like reporting that tomorrow's daytime high downtown is expected to be 54.183 deg. F. (plus or minus 3 degrees).
Michaelpost #19723 of 305561/13/13 at 10:26amQuote:I think that this question (like many "Which wristwatch should I buy?" questions) is potentially overly broad for inclusion in this "Quick Questions" thread, and would benefit from instead being posted as a thread of its very own. Or - better still - from being posted over at Timezone.com or WatchuSeek.com, which specialize in matters horological, as SF does not.
Michaelpost #19724 of 305561/13/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BobStrauss
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?
Don't base your watch selection on watch strap. Most of the time they can be swapped out.post #19725 of 305561/13/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Yeah, but silver with a black face looks great with a black strap, and will come with one more often than not. Seems he likes that style, so why not buy one with the right color band already there? It's not like the watch world lacks for variety.
Speaking of bands though, I just picked this up on ebay. I'm thinking blue leather, anyone else have an interesting idea? It'll be part of a larger collection that already has the conservative covered, so I can play around a little with this one.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 10 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Paul Evans NY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...