What is the difference between a 1 button suit and a 2 button suit. Does it depend on the body type or is one more formal?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:54 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1315post #19711 of 312211/12/13 at 7:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19712 of 312211/12/13 at 7:42pmpost #19713 of 312211/12/13 at 8:08pm
Plus, I can recall seeing Agent 86 wear a trench coat. And you could explain your lack of shoes as having something to do with your shoe phone. So definitely more Maxwell Smart, than James Bond.
Mind you, I'm talking about "classic" Maxwell Smart. As played by Don Adams. I know there was a "Get Smart" film, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, which starred someone else as Maxwell Smart. But I'm ignoring him. Same way that the only James Bond I care about was played by Sean Connery, although I know that several other actors have taken a turn since then. For all I know, the latest James Bond may actually dress sort of like Maxwell Smart once did. Heck, he may pal around with a robot named Felix Leiter (nicknamed "Hymie"), who thinks it's okay to sport a diver's watch with a dinner jacket. I really couldn't say; Hollywood is weirder than I can comfortably imagine.
Michaelpost #19714 of 312211/12/13 at 8:47pmpost #19715 of 312211/12/13 at 9:18pmpost #19716 of 312211/13/13 at 12:26ampost #19717 of 312211/13/13 at 4:17ampost #19718 of 312211/13/13 at 7:43am
First post on SF from long time lurker: Need suggestions or tips for new shoes: I would like some good quality, tan-colored derby brogues. Preferably with a Dainite-sole or equal. Quality is more important than low price, but I would like to keep it under $400-500 (£250-300) if possible. Online shopping.post #19719 of 312211/13/13 at 9:48ampost #19720 of 312211/13/13 at 9:52am
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?post #19721 of 312211/13/13 at 10:05amQuote:
http://www.thecordialchurchman.com/ great service and handmade. I have a black velvet from them as well. Sometimes out of stock of certain materials, just e-mail them and ask.post #19722 of 312211/13/13 at 10:18amQuote:It depends on the construction of the shoe. It's not as simple as there being a precise measurement at which it's universally agreed the width moves up one notch. Sorry.
BTW, there's no need to provide the width to the thousandth of an inch. Your foot's width changes by far more than that all the time. There comes a point where additional significant digits become largely pointless. Like reporting that tomorrow's daytime high downtown is expected to be 54.183 deg. F. (plus or minus 3 degrees).
Michaelpost #19723 of 312211/13/13 at 10:26amQuote:I think that this question (like many "Which wristwatch should I buy?" questions) is potentially overly broad for inclusion in this "Quick Questions" thread, and would benefit from instead being posted as a thread of its very own. Or - better still - from being posted over at Timezone.com or WatchuSeek.com, which specialize in matters horological, as SF does not.
Michaelpost #19724 of 312211/13/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BobStrauss
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?
Don't base your watch selection on watch strap. Most of the time they can be swapped out.post #19725 of 312211/13/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Yeah, but silver with a black face looks great with a black strap, and will come with one more often than not. Seems he likes that style, so why not buy one with the right color band already there? It's not like the watch world lacks for variety.
Speaking of bands though, I just picked this up on ebay. I'm thinking blue leather, anyone else have an interesting idea? It'll be part of a larger collection that already has the conservative covered, so I can play around a little with this one.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 43 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015