What is the difference between a 1 button suit and a 2 button suit. Does it depend on the body type or is one more formal?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1315post #19711 of 309511/12/13 at 7:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19712 of 309511/12/13 at 7:42pmpost #19713 of 309511/12/13 at 8:08pm
Plus, I can recall seeing Agent 86 wear a trench coat. And you could explain your lack of shoes as having something to do with your shoe phone. So definitely more Maxwell Smart, than James Bond.
Mind you, I'm talking about "classic" Maxwell Smart. As played by Don Adams. I know there was a "Get Smart" film, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, which starred someone else as Maxwell Smart. But I'm ignoring him. Same way that the only James Bond I care about was played by Sean Connery, although I know that several other actors have taken a turn since then. For all I know, the latest James Bond may actually dress sort of like Maxwell Smart once did. Heck, he may pal around with a robot named Felix Leiter (nicknamed "Hymie"), who thinks it's okay to sport a diver's watch with a dinner jacket. I really couldn't say; Hollywood is weirder than I can comfortably imagine.
Michaelpost #19714 of 309511/12/13 at 8:47pmpost #19715 of 309511/12/13 at 9:18pmpost #19716 of 309511/13/13 at 12:26ampost #19717 of 309511/13/13 at 4:17ampost #19718 of 309511/13/13 at 7:43am
First post on SF from long time lurker: Need suggestions or tips for new shoes: I would like some good quality, tan-colored derby brogues. Preferably with a Dainite-sole or equal. Quality is more important than low price, but I would like to keep it under $400-500 (£250-300) if possible. Online shopping.post #19719 of 309511/13/13 at 9:48ampost #19720 of 309511/13/13 at 9:52am
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?post #19721 of 309511/13/13 at 10:05amQuote:
http://www.thecordialchurchman.com/ great service and handmade. I have a black velvet from them as well. Sometimes out of stock of certain materials, just e-mail them and ask.post #19722 of 309511/13/13 at 10:18amQuote:It depends on the construction of the shoe. It's not as simple as there being a precise measurement at which it's universally agreed the width moves up one notch. Sorry.
BTW, there's no need to provide the width to the thousandth of an inch. Your foot's width changes by far more than that all the time. There comes a point where additional significant digits become largely pointless. Like reporting that tomorrow's daytime high downtown is expected to be 54.183 deg. F. (plus or minus 3 degrees).
Michaelpost #19723 of 309511/13/13 at 10:26amQuote:I think that this question (like many "Which wristwatch should I buy?" questions) is potentially overly broad for inclusion in this "Quick Questions" thread, and would benefit from instead being posted as a thread of its very own. Or - better still - from being posted over at Timezone.com or WatchuSeek.com, which specialize in matters horological, as SF does not.
Michaelpost #19724 of 309511/13/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by BobStrauss
I need a new watch (black band) and am thinking about these four options for daily/casual wear. What do you think?
Don't base your watch selection on watch strap. Most of the time they can be swapped out.post #19725 of 309511/13/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Yeah, but silver with a black face looks great with a black strap, and will come with one more often than not. Seems he likes that style, so why not buy one with the right color band already there? It's not like the watch world lacks for variety.
Speaking of bands though, I just picked this up on ebay. I'm thinking blue leather, anyone else have an interesting idea? It'll be part of a larger collection that already has the conservative covered, so I can play around a little with this one.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 16 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...