+1 to the above. If only it doesn't cost so much to delivery from the US to Oz...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 1:16am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SD Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:47pm in Buying and Selling
- DELETE Last post on 4/23/15 at 9:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 39post #571 of 16946/29/13 at 8:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #572 of 16946/29/13 at 11:46pmpost #573 of 16946/30/13 at 8:02ampost #574 of 16946/30/13 at 12:24pmpost #575 of 16947/2/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Sorry. I've been traveling and, for some reason, not receiving the email notifications when people post.
I would recommend the 17.0" hanger, especially if you are purchasing your suit hangers off-the-rack. It is better to be slightly small than too large with the suit hangers because you do not want the hanger to extend past the sleeve into the shoulder. The 2.5" shoulder flare provides so much support that being a little narrow is no problem at all.post #576 of 16947/2/13 at 9:11amQuote:
Thanks, Justin! We just added our OTC wool socks (just in time for summer - naturally). They are knitted using 260 needle machines producing a very comfortable sock. The additional needles allow the sock to contour more over the calf, making them more comfortable (less tight) around the leg. Fantastic socks.post #577 of 16947/2/13 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by kirbya
I would recommend the 17.0" hanger, especially if you are purchasing your suit hangers off-the-rack. It is better to be slightly small than too large with the suit hangers because you do not want the hanger to extend past the sleeve into the shoulder. The 2.5" shoulder flare provides so much support that being a little narrow is no problem at all.
+1, except on very soft/unstructured shoulders, in which case I use the next larger size.post #578 of 16947/2/13 at 9:18amQuote:
Hi Brentm -
We have a fantastic guide on How to Clean Suede Shoes one our Shoecare Guide.
1. Brush shoes with a suede brush
2. Use Gommadin to review any stains that the brush does not remove.
3. Shampoo the shoes using Omni'Nettoyant Suede Cleaner. This is a fantastic product that thoroughly cleans the suede and can actually help revitalize the color.
4. Condition using Saphir Renovating Suede and Nubuck Spray. The almond oils help condition suede. Available in a neutral or browns (light, mid-) and black. The lightly-pigmented spray can help restore the finish for any suede shoe that has dulled, which is natural.
5. Waterproof and protect using the Saphir Super Invulner Protection Spray.
For daily suede care, all you really need is a nice suede brush. You can even use a garment brush if you have a natural-bristled one. You just want to be in a practice of brushing the suede.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Kirbypost #579 of 16947/7/13 at 3:24pmpost #580 of 16947/7/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I'll have to check tomorrow morning and get back to you.post #581 of 16947/8/13 at 10:08amEagerly awaiting some LCA perfecta shoe trees among other things from the hanger project. Kirby, excellent site, really awesome to see your progress!
I think Tom Ford is the only very high end I've ever dealt with that did not make the trees immediately available to purchase separately or supply them with the shoes, at least through Niemans.post #582 of 16947/8/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Eagerly awaiting some LCA perfecta shoe trees among other things from the hanger project. Kirby, excellent site, really awesome to see your progress!
I think Tom Ford is the only very high end I've ever dealt with that did not make the trees immediately available to purchase separately or supply them with the shoes, at least through Niemans.
Thanks! We just received a large shipment from LCA, but in true French fashion, the shoetrees that they sent us were incorrect. Very, very frustrating given the cost of flying this stuff over from France! If you PM me your order number, I'll personally look into your order.post #583 of 16947/8/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
We have some of the Navy wallets in stock, but not the black or brown. We need to restock anyway, so I'll put in an order today.post #584 of 16947/8/13 at 2:28pm
Hanger Project, wow. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with them. Their products are absolutely amazing. It just seems that every single time I visit the site, I kiss $200+ goodbye! I regret my shopping sprees until my order arrives, making the purchase that much more worth it.
Great job kirbya and team!post #585 of 16947/16/13 at 5:48pmI tried searching the thread but didn't see any questions about this...any chance this razor handle will ever be offered with a Fusion blade? I didn't think it would be that difficult but I'm having a tough time finding a nice brown horn razor that is compatible with Fusion blades. I bought a Parker off Amazon but didn't like the way the handle looked (too much cream, not enough brown) or felt (pointy tip at the bottom). Thanks!
- The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label x Gaziano & Girling "Numan" 10/10.5D 2 seconds ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 5 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 seconds ago
- › ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER 1 minute ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 1 minute ago
- › TOM FORD Skyfall Sharkskin Grey Pick & Pick O'Connor Fit Y Suit 50C... 1 minute ago
- › 2 Brioni suits -- 52EU/42R - Charcoal Stripe and Navy Stripe 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling 9.5E UK 10D US MH71 Gable Vintage Oak 2 minutes ago
- › CARMINA Saddle / Whiskey Shell Cordovan Rain Last Shortwings. UK... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.