+1 to the above. If only it doesn't cost so much to delivery from the US to Oz...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- [DELETE] Last post on 4/15/16 at 1:50pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SOLD: BNWT Loro Piana AYLIT Soft Air 4-IN-1 Blue/Grey/Burgundy 100% Cashmere Light Scarf $1495 Last post on 3/25/16 at 9:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SD Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:47pm in Buying and Selling
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knotLast edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread - Page 39post #571 of 17396/29/13 at 8:08pmpost #572 of 17396/29/13 at 11:46pmpost #573 of 17396/30/13 at 8:02ampost #574 of 17396/30/13 at 12:24pmpost #575 of 17397/2/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Sorry. I've been traveling and, for some reason, not receiving the email notifications when people post.
I would recommend the 17.0" hanger, especially if you are purchasing your suit hangers off-the-rack. It is better to be slightly small than too large with the suit hangers because you do not want the hanger to extend past the sleeve into the shoulder. The 2.5" shoulder flare provides so much support that being a little narrow is no problem at all.post #576 of 17397/2/13 at 9:11amQuote:
Thanks, Justin! We just added our OTC wool socks (just in time for summer - naturally). They are knitted using 260 needle machines producing a very comfortable sock. The additional needles allow the sock to contour more over the calf, making them more comfortable (less tight) around the leg. Fantastic socks.post #577 of 17397/2/13 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by kirbya
I would recommend the 17.0" hanger, especially if you are purchasing your suit hangers off-the-rack. It is better to be slightly small than too large with the suit hangers because you do not want the hanger to extend past the sleeve into the shoulder. The 2.5" shoulder flare provides so much support that being a little narrow is no problem at all.
+1, except on very soft/unstructured shoulders, in which case I use the next larger size.post #578 of 17397/2/13 at 9:18amQuote:
Hi Brentm -
We have a fantastic guide on How to Clean Suede Shoes one our Shoecare Guide.
1. Brush shoes with a suede brush
2. Use Gommadin to review any stains that the brush does not remove.
3. Shampoo the shoes using Omni'Nettoyant Suede Cleaner. This is a fantastic product that thoroughly cleans the suede and can actually help revitalize the color.
4. Condition using Saphir Renovating Suede and Nubuck Spray. The almond oils help condition suede. Available in a neutral or browns (light, mid-) and black. The lightly-pigmented spray can help restore the finish for any suede shoe that has dulled, which is natural.
5. Waterproof and protect using the Saphir Super Invulner Protection Spray.
For daily suede care, all you really need is a nice suede brush. You can even use a garment brush if you have a natural-bristled one. You just want to be in a practice of brushing the suede.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Kirbypost #579 of 17397/7/13 at 3:24pmpost #580 of 17397/7/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I'll have to check tomorrow morning and get back to you.post #581 of 17397/8/13 at 10:08amEagerly awaiting some LCA perfecta shoe trees among other things from the hanger project. Kirby, excellent site, really awesome to see your progress!
I think Tom Ford is the only very high end I've ever dealt with that did not make the trees immediately available to purchase separately or supply them with the shoes, at least through Niemans.post #582 of 17397/8/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Eagerly awaiting some LCA perfecta shoe trees among other things from the hanger project. Kirby, excellent site, really awesome to see your progress!
I think Tom Ford is the only very high end I've ever dealt with that did not make the trees immediately available to purchase separately or supply them with the shoes, at least through Niemans.
Thanks! We just received a large shipment from LCA, but in true French fashion, the shoetrees that they sent us were incorrect. Very, very frustrating given the cost of flying this stuff over from France! If you PM me your order number, I'll personally look into your order.post #583 of 17397/8/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
We have some of the Navy wallets in stock, but not the black or brown. We need to restock anyway, so I'll put in an order today.post #584 of 17397/8/13 at 2:28pm
Hanger Project, wow. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with them. Their products are absolutely amazing. It just seems that every single time I visit the site, I kiss $200+ goodbye! I regret my shopping sprees until my order arrives, making the purchase that much more worth it.
Great job kirbya and team!post #585 of 17397/16/13 at 5:48pmI tried searching the thread but didn't see any questions about this...any chance this razor handle will ever be offered with a Fusion blade? I didn't think it would be that difficult but I'm having a tough time finding a nice brown horn razor that is compatible with Fusion blades. I bought a Parker off Amazon but didn't like the way the handle looked (too much cream, not enough brown) or felt (pointy tip at the bottom). Thanks!
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Isaia Wool Pants 50/32 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...