@diadem , would you happen to have any fit photos BEFORE the alternations were done? Like when they just arrived fresh out of the box?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandA Testonitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemA.testoni Laced shoestagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBarbatagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemBarba Long sleeve shirttagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBogliolitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBorrelli Napolitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemBorrelli Napoli Long sleeve shirttagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandBrunello Cucinellitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11More
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Coattagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemBrunello Cucinelli Crewneck sweatertagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandCarusotagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemCaruso Blazertagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemCaruso Suittagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- topicCesare Attolinitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandCornelianitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Suittagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemErmenegildo Zegna Tietagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandIncotextagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemIncotex Casual pantstagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemIncotex Dress pantstagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemIncotex Jeanstagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemKiton Tietagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandLanvintagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- itemLanvin Suittagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandLoro Pianatagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandLuciano Barberatagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandMattabischtagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandPal Zileritagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandRalph Lauren Black Labeltagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandRalph Lauren Collectiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- topicRalph Lauren Purple Labeltagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandTom Fordtagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandTruzzitagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
- brandZegnatagged by SYSTEM, 9/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
- 9.23 Drops... NWT Boglioli, Borrelli, Isaia, Mattabisch, Kiton, Sartorio & Truzzi Shirts 15.5... Last post on 5/31/12 at 8:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Moved to new listing Last post on 5/16/12 at 6:29pm in Buying and Selling
- Consolidated Sales: Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 75post #1112 of 36119/30/12 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by thisfits
Pretty much everything in the above paragraph sounds awesome ... new Napoli model ... special order Classicos ...
I'm assuming special order only applies to suits and not the new Benjamin sport coats, right?
I'd love to try out the Napoli ... I'm happy with my Classico, but on me the shoulders could be about a half-inch narrower.
+1 to all this including the half inch narrower on the shoulders. It's the only fit issue on me that kind of bugs me about the Classico although I am sure 99.9% of people outside of SF wouldn't even notice.post #1113 of 36119/30/12 at 8:44ampost #1114 of 36119/30/12 at 11:02ampost #1115 of 36119/30/12 at 5:51pmpost #1116 of 361110/1/12 at 5:55amQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
Looks good, but why is the lapel line straight on your left side, but curved and pulled away from your collar on your right side? I have the same issue with my classico, but it is more pronounced on mine (see below). Is this the same collar gap people talked about earlier? Is there an easy fix for a tailor?
Hmmm... from the pics I thought it was more because of holding up the camera, but I assume you see a gap when both arms are to the side? This collar gap issue is a tough one, because I don't see it on myself or the people around when they try it on, and only a small minority seems to have an issue with it. I made the collar a little bit smaller for the Classico model, but my technician warned against adjusting it too much especially since it only seemed like a small minority of people that were affected by it. Maybe I need to shorten it a little bit more?post #1117 of 361110/1/12 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by EMartNJ
Z, I think your issues are coming from your posture. Your shoulders sit back which makes your chest wide and is causing the lapels to bow. The line from the buttoning point to where it curves around your neck should be straight. What is curious is that the shoulders seem too wide but the chest too tight. I have no idea how to fix it, but that is what appears to be going on with your jackets. You can see it in your shirt as well.
Yes I'd have to agree - it does seem your shoulders sit back further than "normal". Interesting that you find the shoulders too wide and chest too tight. Does anyone else have this experience also? The only feedback I've gotten before regarding the shoulders is from a few people expressing they were too narrow!post #1118 of 361110/1/12 at 6:00ampost #1119 of 361110/1/12 at 6:04ampost #1120 of 361110/1/12 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by diadem
Hey, guys! This is my first post here and I'd like to share a picture of my navy 36R Classico. I just got it back from the tailor after a few alterations were made. Take a look. I'm about 5'11" and 140 pounds, so needless to say I'm quite the skinny bastard. The tailor took in the waist at the back and even messed with the darts on the front of the jacket to get the desired silhouette. I have a long torso, so the jacket seems a bit short, but I'm ok with that. There aren't a whole lot of places that stock a size 36L, after all, and I can't afford a made-to-measure suit at the moment, at least not a fully canvassed one like this Classico is. So any comments or criticisms? Did the tailor screw up anywhere? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Looks good to me! yes I suppose the sleeves can go a tad shorter, but looks clean and well fitted!post #1121 of 361110/1/12 at 6:34amQuote:
Not sure yet... will probably make it available in the sport coats also...post #1122 of 361110/1/12 at 6:40amQuote:
As soon as possible, but currently waiting for a test order to come through to inspect (for both models). Yes we are getting the second part of the Classico suit shipment in the next week or two (in the US).post #1123 of 361110/1/12 at 6:42amQuote:
Hmm. Anyone else with the suits want to weigh in? I would not say the shoulders are all that strong at all. Structured, yes, but not strong and the padding is quite light as well.post #1124 of 361110/1/12 at 7:38am
Thanks for the response.
I personally would not call the shoulders on the Classico "strong." I have broad shoulders as it is, so I try to avoid shoulder padding. The Classico is well within my acceptable range.
A couple more questions:
post #1125 of 361110/1/12 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
- Do you sell suit separates, or work with customers that might need a jacket of one size and trousers of another?
- As a general rule of thumb, do you suggest choosing trousers that fit better in the seat (where the rise is a too big) or fit better in terms of rise (where the seat might need to be let out)?
- Do you take preorders on solid Classico suits?
Hmmm... from the pics I thought it was more because of holding up the camera, but I assume you see a gap when both arms are to the side? This collar gap issue is a tough one, because I don't see it on myself or the people around when they try it on, and only a small minority seems to have an issue with it. I made the collar a little bit smaller for the Classico model, but my technician warned against adjusting it too much especially since it only seemed like a small minority of people that were affected by it. Maybe I need to shorten it a little bit more?
Ben: I absolutely see the same gap even when standing with my arms at my sides. And, I do not think it is an issue of needing to narrow the collar as much as it is of needing to make sure the front of the jacket aligns correctly. On a hunch, I measured at various places of the jacket and found that, at the top button, the side with the collar gap is a half inch wider than the other side (measured with the jacket buttoned from the furthest dart to the center of the button), which is why the jacket pulls so severely to the other side. I also now notice that the button sits slightly off-center to the non-gap side.
I do not know if I got a bad jacket or if the manufacturer repeated the same mistake on other jackets, but the issue on my jacket is less with the collar and more with the fact that the entire jacket (including the button) pulls to one side.
Edited by New Shoes1 - 10/1/12 at 8:45am
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › NIKE Thread 43 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Fake Hate Crimes Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 38R Brooks Brothers Polo Coat (USA) 9 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway