or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 261

post #3901 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

The quality is good but his loafers are overpriced

How much overpriced more then a pair of RLPL velvet slippers?

post #3902 of 4245

Thanks for all of the info, are there any more reasonably priced alternatives?

post #3903 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraca2020 View Post

Thanks for all of the info, are there any more reasonably priced alternatives?

In what velvet slippers? Crockett & Jones but Church's have good prices on their slippers aswell.

post #3904 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

In what velvet slippers? Crockett & Jones but Church's have good prices on their slippers aswell.

No, I was looking at the suede or leather slipper/loafers that he often wears, I believe called belgian loafers, such as these:

 

700

post #3905 of 4245

I was looking at his suede or leather slip-ons with a small bow, I believe called belgian loafers, such as the ones shown here:

http://www.marianorubinacci.net/club/?p=944

post #3906 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraca2020 View Post

I was looking at his suede or leather slip-ons with a small bow, I believe called belgian loafers, such as the ones shown here:

http://www.marianorubinacci.net/club/?p=944

Oh you mean like that. Well those on that picture are a beauty actually I wanna know the price on them to... :D

post #3907 of 4245
You can check Belgian Shoes in New York, and I believe Will sells them at the ASW store.

http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/suedehouseshoeswithcontrastingtrim.aspx

http://belgianshoes.com/menstyles.html
post #3908 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Oh you mean like that. Well those on that picture are a beauty actually I wanna know the price on them to... :D

 

I've seen the Rubi versions, and they're essentially the same as Belgian Shoes in NY which retail for $350 or so. If you're in NY, head to the store to get fitted properly - the sizing on these is pretty tricky.

post #3909 of 4245

Great, thanks so much everyone. Are there any other options that are slightly more affordable?

post #3910 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

 

I've seen the Rubi versions, and they're essentially the same as Belgian Shoes in NY which retail for $350 or so. If you're in NY, head to the store to get fitted properly - the sizing on these is pretty tricky.

Then I would guess the Rubinacci cost around $600 something?

post #3911 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Then I would guess the Rubinacci cost around $600 something?

You can buy them online in their e-shop...prices vary by fabric, but they're not that much. Mostly around 300 euro.
post #3912 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

I've seen the Rubi versions, and they're essentially the same as Belgian Shoes in NY which retail for $350 or so. If you're in NY, head to the store to get fitted properly - the sizing on these is pretty tricky.

I believe they're both made in the same factory in italy, I almost bought a pair of formal shoes from Belgian Shoes but in the end just went with a patent oxford, something about the design just didn't sit well with me
post #3913 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I believe they're both made in the same factory in italy, I almost bought a pair of formal shoes from Belgian Shoes but in the end just went with a patent oxford, something about the design just didn't sit well with me

I don't think Belgian shoes are made in Italy. But even if they are made in the same factory, the cut is definitely different between the two, and the Rubinacci version is much more nicely finished.
post #3914 of 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


You can buy them online in their e-shop...prices vary by fabric, but they're not that much. Mostly around 300 euro.

Aha, that's a good price. 

post #3915 of 4245

Will visit Rubinacci in Milano next month. Will return with some great pictures to this thread :)

Feel free to help me with other stuff or stores: http://www.styleforum.net/t/310139/hamptons-trip-milano#post_5646777

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.