or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here. - Page 1292

post #19366 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post


You probably won't see the stretch that you need below the knee. I don't know much exactly the SKs stretch out but if yours are basically painted on you, it's unlikely you're going to get the looser look you're looking for. Can you exchange?

Yeah I can, but problem is I feel like the Stantons would be too loose for me. so that's also a problem(not to mention I handle all shipping costs when returning the ones I don't want and if I need them hemmed)

post #19367 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

That's a pretty obscure Levi's cut. If you tell us how you want your jeans to fit instead, as well as your body type, it will be easier to recommend you something.


Thanks for the response.  I guess I'm looking for a slim straight fit that is not too tight in the thighs because mine are larger than normal.  The shorter the inseam the better b/c I am only 5' 1" but I'm open to anything since I'll have to have them altered anyway. My waist in almost all pants is 28.  Thanks a million!

post #19368 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbecameamuse View Post


Thanks for the response.  I guess I'm looking for a slim straight fit that is not too tight in the thighs because mine are larger than normal.  The shorter the inseam the better b/c I am only 5' 1" but I'm open to anything since I'll have to have them altered anyway. My waist in almost all pants is 28.  Thanks a million!
you can look into brands like 3sixteen and rogue territory that have a good slim straight. They all have long inseams though. Tellason also has a slim straight that could work
post #19369 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyful View Post

Yeah I can, but problem is I feel like the Stantons would be too loose for me. so that's also a problem(not to mention I handle all shipping costs when returning the ones I don't want and if I need them hemmed)
Size up in the sks?
post #19370 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post


Are you a true 30 waist (your waist actually measures out to be 30inches$ or do you wear size 30 in some jeans? If you are true 30 then size 29 or 30 will fit you fine in the waist depending on how slim and snug you want the jeans after washing.

 

 

I'm a true 30 and i wear 30s in some jeans lol

post #19371 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunapt View Post

 

 

I'm a true 30 and i wear 30s in some jeans lol

haha that works. in that case you can make a judgement call on if you want it a bit snug or if you like a little more room. 

post #19372 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyful View Post

I just got a new pair of selvage denim, and it fits snug, note that the jeans are sanforized and the seller said it'd shrink at most 1"
The fit is  skinny fit, but in the picture on the website the lower leg area seemed to have some room in them so it's not completely sticking on skin(looks tapered instead of skater skinny) but when I received mine it was skin tight on the lower leg area, Idk if the denim will stretch around the knee - ankle area, also considering the fact that my pair is sanforized?
I've worn them for a few hours yesterday and the waist and thighs have become much more comfy but below the knee it felt skin tight still.. Any help?
First off it would help a lot if you say which kind of jeans it is, second . No, absolutely not, they will not stretch in the lower leg or ankle at all
post #19373 of 20608
I really like the way these look:



However they are not slim fit. Are there other types of jeans that have this indigo glow? I haven't seen it before.
post #19374 of 20608

Any suggests for a good pair of summer jeans currently on the market? I like N&Fs painter 5oz, but they aren't sold anymore.

post #19375 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

Any suggests for a good pair of summer jeans currently on the market? I like N&Fs painter 5oz, but they aren't sold anymore.
Taylor stitch just released a light weight denim. Raleigh also have some too
post #19376 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post


Taylor stitch just released a light weight denim. Raleigh also have some too


Saw the TS one, but is 9oz really that light weight?

post #19377 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


Saw the TS one, but is 9oz really that light weight?

9oz is considered pretty lightweight. you wont find too many denim brands offering 5oz like the painter jean. 

post #19378 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan View Post

I really like the way these look:



However they are not slim fit. Are there other types of jeans that have this indigo glow? I haven't seen it before.

naked and famous has a royal cast denim that has a different indigo shine to it. these pairs are canvas that is garment dyed so the color is going to be different from denim. 

post #19379 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post

9oz is considered pretty lightweight. you wont find too many denim brands offering 5oz like the painter jean. 


Right, but how does 9oz feel in summer time? I feel like I'd still be sweating in that. The ones I wear now are 11oz.

post #19380 of 20608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


Right, but how does 9oz feel in summer time? I feel like I'd still be sweating in that. The ones I wear now are 11oz.

 

It's not going to be linen. 2oz/yard make a huge difference in weight though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.