or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 262

post #3916 of 17707
Oxblood graysons in 7.5e came in today and the fit is nearly perfect!

I gave them a good full conditioning, polish, and edging. These babies are ready.

post #3917 of 17707
Someone please explain:
How is it that the great Allen Edmonds shoe company currently has no leather soled straight tip cap toe derbys (in a dressy leather)?????
post #3918 of 17707

Anyone happen to have the AE Bitter Chocolate belt?  The pix I'm seeing read all over the place on color - would like to see a real-world pic.   

 

It looks like it reads a little mre dark gray with brown than pure brown.  At least I'm hoping that is the case...

post #3919 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

Someone please explain:
How is it that the great Allen Edmonds shoe company currently has no leather soled straight tip cap toe derbys (in a dressy leather)?????
Yorktown, First Ave, Lexington.

Ok, so the first is brogued, the second is a boot, and the third is only in limited availability on the Shoebank.
post #3920 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Yorktown, First Ave, Lexington.

Ok, so the first is brogued, the second is a boot, and the third is only in limited availability on the Shoebank.

Thank you for literally PROVING my point! Lol
post #3921 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Anyone happen to have the AE Bitter Chocolate belt?  The pix I'm seeing read all over the place on color - would like to see a real-world pic.   

 

It looks like it reads a little mre dark gray with brown than pure brown.  At least I'm hoping that is the case...


Assuming your talking about suede, are you sure you are not looking at Bitter Chocolate and "Brogue".   I find the colors a little confusing.  When did "Brogue" become a color???  ITS NOT IN THE CRAYOLA BOX!!!

post #3922 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

They look amazing in the sun. Still need to try Bick or VSC to take care of a couple dry spots.
It's largely a matter of personal taste, but dark chili totally goes with grey, even charcoal. Maybe not the originally chili, but I think unless you're in a wedding or job interview you will be just fine.

I agree, I also wouldn't hesitate at all wearing dark chili with a navy suit.
post #3923 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

Thank you for literally PROVING my point! Lol
Oh! And the ATL, which is a Road Warrior shoe with a rubber sole.

And I wondered why I want to order a Bradford from Crockett & Jones. AE has a surprising number of gaps among its basic shoe models. No shortwing blucher, no toe-cap blucher, no alt Wien. But if you want two dozen penny/tassel/kiltie/tassel-kiltie/woven penny/woven tassel-kiltie loafer options, there's no better company!

To be fair, aside from a personal dislike for kilties, I like that they bring out similar styles on different lasts, but I'd rather they not pretend it's an entirely different model. Just have two penny variants available across a range of lasts. Especially with basic staples like the Park Ave. No reason I shouldn't be able to get a black cap-toe bal on any last I damn well please.
post #3924 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Oh! And the ATL, which is a Road Warrior shoe with a rubber sole.

And I wondered why I want to order a Bradford from Crockett & Jones. AE has a surprising number of gaps among its basic shoe models. No shortwing blucher, no toe-cap blucher, no alt Wien. But if you want two dozen penny/tassel/kiltie/tassel-kiltie/woven penny/woven tassel-kiltie loafer options, there's no better company!

To be fair, aside from a personal dislike for kilties, I like that they bring out similar styles on different lasts, but I'd rather they not pretend it's an entirely different model. Just have two penny variants available across a range of lasts. Especially with basic staples like the Park Ave. No reason I shouldn't be able to get a black cap-toe bal on any last I damn well please.

I'm with you man
post #3925 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Anyone happen to have the AE Bitter Chocolate belt?  The pix I'm seeing read all over the place on color - would like to see a real-world pic.   

 

It looks like it reads a little mre dark gray with brown than pure brown.  At least I'm hoping that is the case...


I have it. It matches their Bitter chocolate shoes perfectly.

 

It is very deep brown -- definitely not a light brown, and frankly isn't even close to "brogue" suede. Really only a good match for very dark brown suede. 

post #3926 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


Assuming your talking about suede, are you sure you are not looking at Bitter Chocolate and "Brogue".   I find the colors a little confusing.  When did "Brogue" become a color???  ITS NOT IN THE CRAYOLA BOX!!!

 

Yup - suede - forgot to mention that :crazy:.  I hadn't seen the brogue suede - almost seems like an AE-edition autocorrect...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnb View Post
 


I have it. It matches their Bitter chocolate shoes perfectly.

 

It is very deep brown -- definitely not a light brown, and frankly isn't even close to "brogue" suede. Really only a good match for very dark brown suede. 

 

I'm trying to find something that matches Alden's chocolate suede

 

I'm not worried about an exact match, but the flatter tone and grayer color don't seem very common, and I don't want a shouty brown (like the "brogue suede").  I'll just stick with my CXL belt (Sun River natural CXL).if nothing pops up...

 

Searched around a fair bit - would appreciate any input/leads

post #3927 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I'm trying to find something that matches Alden's chocolate suede

I'm not worried about an exact match, but the flatter tone and grayer color don't seem very common, and I don't want a shouty brown (like the "brogue suede").  I'll just stick with my CXL belt (Sun River natural CXL).if nothing pops up...

Searched around a fair bit - would appreciate any input/leads

Here's mine; this is pretty accurate wrt color:


And some appreciation:

Just the shoes that are getting polished this weekend.
post #3928 of 17707
Someone on AE's website was commenting on the Carlyle and complained that edge of the collar around the shoe wasn't capped off like on the picture. IOW, the edge was unfinished. AE's response was essentially, "that's the way we do it know since folks like casual things."

Anyone notice this on recently purchased Carlyles? It would be a deal breaker for me.
post #3929 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


And some appreciation: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Just the shoes that are getting polished this weekend.

That's a nice, well rounded collection (minus some walnut!), are those chili (or burg?) Lexingtons on the bottom left?

post #3930 of 17707
Gonna hit 80 degrees today and snow on Tuesday. Utah is weird. Summer look with sockless suede Strands. (say that 5 times fast)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc