or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1788

post #26806 of 37403
Found out there is a B&Tailor agent near me for MTM, might give it a shot in the coming weeks - heaps of great ideas on their Tumblr page...

Noodles the grey suit looks good. Stand with your feet closer together
post #26807 of 37403
Incontro?
I think Cox has worked with him. Which reminds me, what happened to the kopping king, jfrater?
post #26808 of 37403
Yup, that's the guy.
post #26809 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Can someone explain the point of a singlet worn as an undershirt?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post
I wear a tank top undershirt (spousebeater) most of the time.

 

I said "singlet" in conversation with some non-Australian expats in Shanghai and was met with blank stares. "What's a singlet?" they asked. Now I see that at least some Americans know what a singlet is. Yet other Americans call it a spousebeater (which I assume is a PC-update of its previous widely-known name).

 

So who calls this type of garment a singlet, and who calls it a wifebeater, er, a commonlawsignificantotherengagerinmutuallyconsentingor perhapsnotconsentingotheredbutwerealladultsheresexuallyconnotativepractice?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Incontro?
I think Cox has worked with him. Which reminds me, what happened to the kopping king, jfrater?

 

He vanished. Very odd, really.

post #26810 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

So who calls this type of garment a singlet, and who calls it a wifebeater, er, a commonlawsignificantotherengagerinmutuallyconsentingor perhapsnotconsentingotheredbutwerealladultsheresexuallyconnotativepractice?

 

Tank top.

post #26811 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


I said "singlet" in conversation with some non-Australian expats in Shanghai and was met with blank stares. "What's a singlet?" they asked. Now I see that at least some Americans know what a singlet is. Yet other Americans call it a spousebeater (which I assume is a PC-update of its previous widely-known name).

So who calls this type of garment a singlet, and who calls it a wifebeater, er, a commonlawsignificantotherengagerinmutuallyconsentingor perhapsnotconsentingotheredbutwerealladultsheresexuallyconnotativepractice?

If you say singlet, I think of collegiate / Olympic wrestling clothing. If you said wifebeater, the vast majority of Americans should know what you're talking about: a sleeveless shirt.
post #26812 of 37403
In DC? bnt?
Yes, the lighter color of the fresco and my stance (legs apart) accentuates my sexy pear shaped body. I will enjoy the suit. But the suit fits differently in comparison to others. I feel like the suits needs to be broken into but what do I know.
post #26813 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanagi View Post

If you say singlet, I think of collegiate / Olympic wrestling clothing. If you said wifebeater, the vast majority of Americans should know what you're talking about: a sleeveless shirt.

Yep. A singlet is what Alexander Karelin wore. Unless your tank top contains underpants, it's hardly "single" in any sense of the word - it's more a "tankini"
post #26814 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

In DC? bnt?
Yes, the lighter color of the fresco and my stance (legs apart) accentuates my sexy pear shaped body. I will enjoy the suit. But the suit fits differently in comparison to others. I feel like the suits needs to be broken into but what do I know.
Alas I'm no longer in DC - back in cold, grey Australia
post #26815 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

what happened to the kopping king, jfrater?

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN! (And thanks for reminding me of his name...) IIRC, he said early on that he tended to go all in on new hobbies, so my guess is that the menswear hobby has been put aside for something new.
post #26816 of 37403
Noodles that picture looks like it was shot from a table looking upwards? That could definitely be causing the pear shaped distortion

Take a proper damn picture
post #26817 of 37403
If everyone knows that it's lens distortion, why do we need to belabor the point? Just make the mental correction and move on.
post #26818 of 37403
I quilt
post #26819 of 37403
QUILT NOT!

KNIT!
post #26820 of 37403
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

@justinkapur
 do you know if ring has access to scabal? there are some nice ligh blue/medium blue mohair blends in monteray bay/cosmopolitan.

Im not sure to be honest. I can ask. Where did you see the swatches?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)