Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
A couple of friends of mine are going to be in Seattle next week, and they're looking for some food recommendations. Any Seattle locals here have some recommendations for good places to eat?
some quick recs, sort of depends on what neighborhood you want to be in.
- Sitka and Spruce (Cap Hill), plus the whole street/building that it is in. Many good things there. I like the pike/pine neighborhood that is nearby if you walk up a few blocks.
- Poppy (cap hill), cap hill people need to contribute more recs, that is not my hood.
- El Gaucho if you want a Sinatra style steakhouse, prepare to leave many dollars behind (belltown)
- shiros is good, low ambiance but good sushi (belltown)
Old Ballard AVe has a million places now, this is where I go mostly now:
- Walrus and Carpenter (arrive really early like 4:30 or put name on list and bar hop nearby for 2 hrs waiting for table)
- Staple and Fancy (next to W&C above)
- How to Cook a Wolf (Queen Anne)
- Basically any Matt Dillon restaurant (the new Bar Sayor in Pioneer Square, for ex) or any Tom Douglas place.
- Food trucks everywhere downtown now.
- Tons of good places near the Market, (I like Maximillien, Campagne, others there too), there are also some places that do not inspire there (the Peruvian place is mediocre but has really nice views from the deck and sort of a nice old Market feel to it, you look down on all the action, overall I would avoid that particular place)
too lazy to add more but there is much more, we eat well here, need something to do when it rains.