or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does my suit fit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does my suit fit?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Just got a new suit, but I think it may be a little tight near the waist. This is my first suit, so I'm not sure. What do you all think?

 

Edit: Only showing the jacket here, the pants fit great.

 

post #2 of 23

its ok but..

maybe a tad big in the shoulders

both pants and arms wrinkle usually from not correct fit. unless of course they jsut happened to be wrinkled.

a better quality pic would help for better judgement. maybe try doing it outside in sunlight since it appears you are using a camera phone?or web cam
 

post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 

I'll try to get a better picture during tomorrow afternoon. I get free alterations for a lifetime. I was most concerned with the waist, it feels a little snug around that area, but it does not appear to  form the "X", so maybe it does fit correctly in that area?

post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to get a better quality image tomorrow morning, but I am more concerned about the waist of my jacket being too tight? I do not see the "X", so does that mean it's not too tight? I am not used to having clothes hug my body, maybe that is why i'm paranoid. I got my suit from Suit Supply in NYC. 

post #5 of 23

hard to tell but if there is pulling its not that bad / thats kind of in right now.

your build should be able to get away with pulling .

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitnoob View Post

Just got a new suit, but I think it may be a little tight near the waist. This is my first suit, so I'm not sure. What do you all think?

 

Edit: Only showing the jacket here, the pants fit great.

 

It fits ok but don't wear suppressed waists, it makes even thin guys arses look like a duck.btw, you're too old to be wearing these schoolboy cuts.

post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latour View Post

It fits ok but don't wear suppressed waists, it makes even thin guys arses look like a duck.btw, you're too old to be wearing these schoolboy cuts.

What does a suppressed waist mean? And what does a schoolboy cut mean? LOL, sorry i'm a noob.

post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latour View Post

It fits ok but don't wear suppressed waists, it makes even thin guys arses look like a duck.btw, you're too old to be wearing these schoolboy cuts.

What does a suppressed waist mean? And what dose a schoolboy cut mean? LOL, sorry for the questions, I'm a noob!

post #9 of 23
It fits great, don't worry. Be happy.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latour View Post

It fits ok but don't wear suppressed waists, it makes even thin guys arses look like a duck.btw, you're too old to be wearing these schoolboy cuts.

James bond is too old also in skyfall?  he dresses pretty tight himself.....

post #11 of 23
Maybe it's the lighting. I'm also wondering what a back pic would show.

But. The shoulders look a little wide.

The button point high.

The pant rise low.

Even the chest might be too big.

Jacket might be too short.

Tight? At the buttoning point maybe.
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

It fits great, don't worry. Be happy.

+1 i have no idea where all these other people are getting the "too wide shoulders, jacket too short, too much waist suppression" things from. But unless i need glasses the suit looks fine for OTR to me
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post

Maybe it's the lighting. I'm also wondering what a back pic would show.

But. The shoulders look a little wide.

The button point high.

The pant rise low.

Even the chest might be too big.

Jacket might be too short.

Tight? At the buttoning point maybe.

Those aren't his suit pants, he stated he's only wearing the jacket. The jacket length looks fine in relation to his arm length and as long as its covering his rear it should be fine. I do agree with the button point being high but not so much that it causes a major issue i personally think it looks fine. Where are you guys getting the chest/shoulders being too big from? they look fine to me.
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

. The jacket length looks fine in relation to his arm length and as long as its covering his rear it should be fine. I do agree with the button point being high but not so much that it causes a major issue i personally think it looks fine. Where are you guys getting the chest/shoulders being too big from? they look fine to me.

Maybe it's the lighting in the pic .

Look above the buttoning point near the side of the chest/underarm area. It looks big. Shoulders also look a touch big. A back pic would help.
post #15 of 23

It looks good. How do you feel in it? If it feels comfortable leave it as is. It is also a matter of personal preferance. How tight you want your jacket to feel. Incidentally, I recently had my measurements taken by a new tailor (first commission)  from Italy and he asked me how I want it to fit, suggesting a range from loose to really tight. He suggested a tight fit as more "Italian" ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does my suit fit?