It is going to be a somewhat casual wedding. She wants it to be rustic and the color are brown and a sort of mint green. The wedding is going to be at 2pm in front of a big barn. She is wearing an off-white dress, I can't describe it too much because I haven't seen it though. Any other information? Oh and thanks for taking your time to help!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFormal Tuxedo Shoestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- brandKent Wangtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyletagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicStyle Guidetagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedotagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicTuxedostagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWeddingtagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Clothestagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
- topicWedding Suitstagged by Synthese, 2/22/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Midnight Blue Tuxedo (for Toronto Wedding) Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... Last post on 3/10/13 at 9:16pm in Classic Menswear
What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?Last edited: 3/18/16
- Should I wear a Tuxedo if my Groomsmen are wearing navy business...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is a Burgundy Tuxedo wedding-appropriate?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread - Page 16post #227 of 23855/2/13 at 12:38pmYou might get away with that suit, a crisp white French cuff shirt and a solid mint tie then. If it is in front of a barn with a casual vibe there is certainly no need for formalwear. It seems like there might be some fit problems with the suit-and not the nit-picky ones some of us on the board are known for...next time you try it on have someone take a picture of you standing in it with your arms down at your sides. From the pose you had, it looked like the sleeves were way too short...but that may be because of the way you were holding the phone to take the picture. You either have a serious problem with the fit of the jacket on the back of your neck, or a problem with the shirt collar. One way or the other, you cannot be seen in public like that.
Definitely "no" on the vest and tie.
Not too sure about the shoes...kind of cool for the rustic vibe, but I think you will look much better in a pair of shiny black shoes for this kind of event...remember, all eyes will be on your feet for the first dance.post #228 of 23855/2/13 at 12:55pm
Thanks a lot! And I noticed the sleeves look short in that picture but I'm confident that they weren't when I was wearing it. Unfortunately I will be out of state until a couple days before the wedding. Hopefully it was just the shirt collar I had a problem with, I know it was a cheap dress shirt that was way too tight from a japanese company. I like the idea of the french cuff shirt and a mint tie, I wish I'd have posted on here months ago. I hadn't really black shoes any thought but it seems like they would look really slick with the suit. Thank you so much for the help! I appreciate you taking the time to help.post #229 of 23855/2/13 at 1:11pmpost #230 of 23855/2/13 at 1:19pm
Ha...I ordered it online. She wanted me in a brown suit, and I didn't want to pay too muc for a suit I'm only gonna wear once (being brown, I'll probably only wear it once) It is a Christian Dior Monsieur that I got on Ebay. I forget what I paid but it wan't much. Actually, I think I spent more on the tailor than the suit itself. I have a nice charcoal Corneliani that fits like a glove, but she insists on the brown and has even seen it. Oh well.
Edit:the pic looks grey but it is a light brown.post #231 of 23855/2/13 at 1:45pmThe problem is, that most woman have absolutely no idea how a suit is supposed to fit. I really would need a better picture and with a different shirt, but it looks to me like the fit is REALLY off and frankly, from the cut it looks so old it might qualify as vintage. What did the tailor say? You might be much better off with your charcoal with the white shirt and mint tie. No offense, but from the picture it looks like a sixteen year old boy has borrowed his father's suit for a date. Show this thread to your fiancee. Will someone else chime in...I don't want to be the only voice this guy is hearing.
[URL]http://[/URL]post #232 of 23855/2/13 at 2:18pm
The tailor didn't have a lot to say. Then again, it is a smaller town and he probably doesn't get many jobs. I'm thinking I will probably just wear the charcoal, she won't see it til she is walking down the isle anyway. It is too late to get another suit and have it tailored anyhow. And I don't feel comfortable in the brown suit above.post #233 of 23855/2/13 at 2:42pmpost #234 of 23855/3/13 at 8:48ampost #235 of 23855/3/13 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #236 of 23855/3/13 at 9:10amQuote:Originally Posted by MrDaniels
The problem is, that most woman have absolutely no idea how a suit is supposed to fit. I really would need a better picture and with a different shirt, but it looks to me like the fit is REALLY off and frankly, from the cut it looks so old it might qualify as vintage. What did the tailor say? You might be much better off with your charcoal with the white shirt and mint tie. No offense, but from the picture it looks like a sixteen year old boy has borrowed his father's suit for a date.
+1!post #237 of 23855/3/13 at 10:04amQuote:
Casual variant linen shirt. Im a Slim XL. in usa.
This is the current best option.
Searchin for some cheaper bucks, and brands to look for other than walk over / bass / florshiem?
Edited by eglbc - 5/3/13 at 1:12pmpost #238 of 23855/3/13 at 11:30ampost #239 of 23855/7/13 at 8:54am
On the Subject of Wedding Ties
I'm looking to piece together a collection of wedding ties, one for me, one for each of my groomsmen, and one each for the father of the bride and my father. In pursuit of this end I have a couple of questions I could use some direction in answering...
1) What options for wedding ties (if any) exist in the chasm between Kent Wang/Drake's and TheTiebar.com? Specifically I'm looking for something in the $50/tie neighborhood.
2) Considering I am pulling together ten ties, can I repeat any of the patterns or is it absolutely essential that each tie be unique?post #240 of 23855/7/13 at 9:07am$50 is a hard spot. I'm not aware of anything other than Lands End and maybe Brooks Brothers on sale that's in that spot, and to my knowledge, they don't have a lot of wedding ties.
At the $75-$80 range, Kent Wang, Howard Yount, and Sam Hober are the standards. Sam Hober has several good wedding tie patterns, including several Glen Plaids in different scales.
- Do pleated shirts work with three piece tuxedos?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 46 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Rota NEW Brown Wool Herringbone Trousers Size 52 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › How to wash fine linen pants 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding