Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Technical Outerwear - Page 26
Styleforum Top Pickspost #377 of 11774/12/13 at 9:54ampost #378 of 11774/12/13 at 10:33ampost #379 of 11774/12/13 at 10:48ampost #380 of 11774/13/13 at 2:41pmDanner works, but is pretty classic old-school hiking boot.
Some of the Salomon trail runners and light hikers have a more "futuristic" look that I like, and they also tend to come in more subtle colorways--like all black. They use Gore which is OK for footwear.
OutDry is the shit for gloves/footwear. It's amazingly better than Gore. Montrail uses OutDry.
Generally, aesthetics take a back seat when it comes to outdoor footwear, mostly b/c everything looks more or less the same and fuck it, I'm on a trail and it's muddy so performance and fit are what I want. And once you go down that road, most boots are pretty good-to-excellent so it's just a matter of what fits and you like more than the next in terms of looks.post #381 of 11774/13/13 at 4:48pmpost #382 of 11775/1/13 at 2:40pmpost #383 of 11775/13/13 at 4:34pm
Hey, I always like to have a baseline for discussion, and somewhere to point newcomers toward. Since that didn't exist for Techwear, I created it. Part 1 of 6, the Basics, just launched today. http://dressed-down....-part-1-the-bas
Let me know what you guys think. I'll be updating and editing if people have good suggestions.post #384 of 11775/14/13 at 3:07pm
Part 2: Beginner's Buying Guide just went up. https://dresseddown.squarespace.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-pt-2-beginners-buying-guide
Part 2 is definitely not meant to be digested all at once unless you get really caught up. As I said before, I'm very happy to add or remove things if you guys have good suggestions.
A more comprehensive full brand list based on genre of style will go up tomorrow.post #385 of 11775/14/13 at 5:24pmThread Starterpost #386 of 11775/15/13 at 11:49am
I appreciate the positive review. Self-promotion is self-promotion no matter what the intention.
Part 3, a brand list by style, is up now: https://dresseddown.squarespace.com/blog/2013/5/15/intro-to-techwear-pt-3-brand-listpost #387 of 11775/16/13 at 10:41ampost #388 of 11775/17/13 at 9:36am
Blogs, styling, cultural touchstones, designer philosophy, and how new and conceptual tech is advancing clothing.
Edited by DressedDown - 5/17/13 at 10:57ampost #389 of 11775/19/13 at 7:18pmThread Starter
- Technical Outerwear
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...