Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Technical Outerwear - Page 26
Styleforum Top Picks
Some of the Salomon trail runners and light hikers have a more "futuristic" look that I like, and they also tend to come in more subtle colorways--like all black. They use Gore which is OK for footwear.
OutDry is the shit for gloves/footwear. It's amazingly better than Gore. Montrail uses OutDry.
Generally, aesthetics take a back seat when it comes to outdoor footwear, mostly b/c everything looks more or less the same and fuck it, I'm on a trail and it's muddy so performance and fit are what I want. And once you go down that road, most boots are pretty good-to-excellent so it's just a matter of what fits and you like more than the next in terms of looks.
Hey, I always like to have a baseline for discussion, and somewhere to point newcomers toward. Since that didn't exist for Techwear, I created it. Part 1 of 6, the Basics, just launched today. http://dressed-down....-part-1-the-bas
Let me know what you guys think. I'll be updating and editing if people have good suggestions.
Part 2: Beginner's Buying Guide just went up. https://dresseddown.squarespace.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-pt-2-beginners-buying-guide
Part 2 is definitely not meant to be digested all at once unless you get really caught up. As I said before, I'm very happy to add or remove things if you guys have good suggestions.
A more comprehensive full brand list based on genre of style will go up tomorrow.
I appreciate the positive review. Self-promotion is self-promotion no matter what the intention.
Part 3, a brand list by style, is up now: https://dresseddown.squarespace.com/blog/2013/5/15/intro-to-techwear-pt-3-brand-list
Blogs, styling, cultural touchstones, designer philosophy, and how new and conceptual tech is advancing clothing.
Edited by DressedDown - 5/17/13 at 10:57am
- Technical Outerwear
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Nick's Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › All Saints Knitwear Quality? 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 25 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 27 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan