Took the blazer to the tailor today. Have used him few times so I trust his advice. He agreed chest looked boxy. So yep getting the chest suppressed and the arms shorter from the wrist.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 7:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Recommendations for Style Upgrade from Traditional HF, HSM, and BB Last post on 9/22/11 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions - Page 146post #2176 of 601211/22/12 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2177 of 601211/24/12 at 11:28ampost #2178 of 601211/24/12 at 11:30amI came into this suit for fairly cheap and want to know if it's close enough that it's worth trying to have it tailored or if I should just let it go.
Also how big of a job would it be? I don't yet have a tailor here I feel really comfortable with and would rather not pay someone just to ruin a nice suit.post #2179 of 601211/24/12 at 1:36pm
Can I save this? It seems to fit in the shoulders (maybe even a bit narrow), and the armholes are small enough. I know what to do with the sleeves: short enough to just cover my shirt cuffs. What else should I do?
Here are its measurements:chest (right under arms) 102waist 96hip 104sleeve 65length (in back from neckline down) 82A well-fitting jacket:chest 96waist 86hip 98sleeve 54length 69Me:chest 90waist 73hip 90arm (shoulder to first knuckle of thumb) 58half the distance between neck and floor 69
Edited by PianistOne111 - 11/24/12 at 11:50pmpost #2180 of 601211/24/12 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony Hubert
I just bought this new RTW suit and had it tailored at several points. However, I have quite developed shoulder blades and the jacked fits too tight around the upper back. Do you think it would help if I let the center seam out? Or is there maybe another way to fix this. (I've checked and there is approx 1'' allowance left in the center seam). Thanks in advance.
Size 40 Suitsupply Sienna model, 140s Vitale Barberis Canonico. At the shop they took in the sides of the jacket and squared the neck (although I still think it doenst fit well). The jacket fitted very comfortably before tailoring, but now just feels too snug at the back.
im not a tailor, however this looks like your wearing a dress from behind...not a good look.post #2181 of 601211/24/12 at 7:39pmDSCN4421.JPG 2,848k .JPG file
Can I get a critique on this suit, please? Just got it from Black Lapel. Sleeves seem too short and the right one is shorter than the other. Pants in the back don't look too good either. Please let me know what you would get done to this suit.
Apologies for the picture quality -- just got the suit and couldn't take the pics until tonight when the light wasn't too good. My wife is out of town and my 6 yr old did her best so it's as good as we could do for right now. I want to take this in soon to get altered for a company party next weekend so that's why I'm putting these up now instead of waiting until the wife gets home. Thanks for your help.post #2182 of 601211/24/12 at 7:41pmpost #2183 of 601211/25/12 at 12:22ampost #2184 of 601211/25/12 at 12:36ampost #2185 of 601211/25/12 at 10:54ampost #2186 of 601211/25/12 at 6:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by finch5
I just tailored a suit and would like to get some feedback on the fit.
I personally feel that the skirt of the bottom center part of the suit (not sure what that is called) is not spaced apart enough.
Please advise on what kind of changes I can make to my suit to achieve the effect as circled in the picture below. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This stylistic change is better communicated to the maker with a picture. A picture of this jacket and a picture of how you would like it to be. Part of the issue is how the jacket drapes due to your posture. The front balance needs to be longer. This will help clean up the back and lift the back off your hips.
You also have a very low right shoulder.post #2187 of 601211/25/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by jd13jd13Quote:Don't mean to be a pest, but any critique?Originally Posted by jd13jd13
I'm about 5'7'', 130lbs, generally wear 14.5 collar, 36s /30 waist. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The shoulders don't sit right. The overlap is skimpy and causes the lapels to bow out when you button the jacket. The combination of this and the shoulder make the collar gap. Would lower the front button position. Shoulder blades on the back are too large. jacket would look better longer.
Make the trousers longer and angled down in the back.post #2188 of 601211/25/12 at 7:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by npdef
Long time lurker here and my first post! Thanks for everyone providing advice. I've learned so much from this thread.
2 bespoke suits from a local tailor. Please click to enlarge.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The grey jacket seems shorter than the other and the button position looks too high. What I see on the back view is it was taken in too much under the arms on the side body making it smaller across the back. Would let the the side body out a good 1/2" on each side but not the back part.post #2189 of 601211/25/12 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Posted this in the "forward shoulders" thread, but that one sinks fast. Not sure if this problem has to do with my shoulders being indeed forward. The jacket also seems to fit better if I make the top part of the back about two inches smaller by pinning it. Fits better, but not well anyways.
The armholes are also hideously low - do you think that might have anything to do with this too?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
yes, looks like a forward shoulder issue but this photo doesn't give much to go on. There appears a bit of a twist on the shoulder. Need to shift the front shoulder towards the shoulder, away from the neck and square it a bit. Stretch the canvass over the shoulder. Put a little more fullness on the back shoulder and hope for the best.post #2190 of 601211/25/12 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by p.henrik
Recent tweed jacket, CMT from Ah Loke, KL, Malaysia. Tweed fabric bought separately in London.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Both jackets are very clean. Nothing to comment about the fit but if I were making these I would want a better look on the front below the button. Don't want to see so much of the shirt and top of the trouser. The shaping of the back doesn't define your waist. It looks fitted right under the armhole on the back and then an A line to the hem. Greenish jacket not as clean in this area as the brown.
The left vent hangs differently than the right side. You have a low right so you may need more length over your left shoulder.
Just random observations, they appear to fit well.
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Third Planet Apparel needs your help. 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015