or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I sold my car, but the buyer is upset...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I sold my car, but the buyer is upset... - Page 5

post #61 of 135
Thread Starter 
OK, just got another text saying: "It's $2700. I'm taking you to court."

Suddenly it's $1000 more??

So it's official, I'm giving her nothing, and let the chips fall where they may. I sent her an email akin to what Douglas suggested so she knows where I stand.
post #62 of 135
just keep all of her e-mails/txt's.....esp the one that said that she ran a auto shop for 5yr!
(which means she was a receptionist/office mgr!)
post #63 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post
just keep all of her e-mails/txt's.....esp the one that said that she ran a auto shop for 5yr!
(which means she was a receptionist/office mgr!)

What's the best way to save/print text msgs?
post #64 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
OK, just got another text saying: "It's $2700. I'm taking you to court."

Suddenly it's $1000 more??

So it's official, I'm giving her nothing, and let the chips fall where they may. I sent her an email akin to what Douglas suggested so she knows where I stand.

Wow, I didn't see this coming!
post #65 of 135
Wow that girl really screwed the pooch didn't she? Based on the tone of your OP you probably woulda gone halfsies if she asked nicely. Just goes to show you that honey vs vinegar adage holds true eh? After she loses in court you might want to show her this thread
post #66 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
What's the best way to save/print text msgs?


What kind of phone do you have? and Iphone or android based phone will be able to take a screen shot of the messages. Otherwise if might have a save function for the texts and you could then email them to yourself if it has that option. OR just keep them all on your phone and let the lawyers/judge view them that way.
post #67 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
What's the best way to save/print text msgs?

I think you can get a copy from your carrier if you request them.
post #68 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
What's the best way to save/print text msgs?

copy/paste and send to ur e-mail address. if she denies that she sent it, and it gets that serious, they can get her/your records and she wil be proven to be a liar!
post #69 of 135
Don't give her shit. Who doesn't get a used car checked out first? Sent from my Nexus S
post #70 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post
Don't give her shit. Who doesn't get a used car checked out first? Sent from my Nexus S
+1 to keeping the emails/texts. Don't you DARE give her back even a penny. It will bite you in the ass. I can't believe you even entertained that idea for more than 10secs
post #71 of 135
Stop responding to her. Don't respond to her attorney, either. Make them drag you into court.
post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
What's the best way to save/print text msgs?

If you have an iPhone, there's an app called PhoneView that can do this.
post #73 of 135
Maybe I'm just a wuss, but I would just buy the car back. There's always a chance you might loose. When I think about how pissed I'd be after losing in court for some bullshit like that... I'd just rather avoid it.
post #74 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
Stop responding to her. Don't respond to her attorney, either. Make them drag you into court.
This, and stop posting about it here. Seriously.
post #75 of 135
Thread Starter 
Latest news: I just got a voicemail from a local TV station asking me for comment, apparently she went to the media! Is this insane or what?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › I sold my car, but the buyer is upset...