Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 264
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3947 of 133024/19/12 at 11:06amF/W 11 probably had the best selection of trousers moving forward. Not sure about the former seasons since I had no prior experience before Suddenlee.
Perhaps UU F/W 12 can bring out some nicer pants as well
^I can't believe you fit the tapered +J flannels... My thighs are pretty snug in the straight fit (size.31) unless you are size32 and the top block is the same for the slim and straight, and only difference is the tapering where the former is more aggressive than the latter
The straight fit on a size.31 still has about 7.5" taper...still looking for the size.32's in any color from the flannel +J line...OR Tasmanian wool in size.31.
LMK : )post #3948 of 133024/19/12 at 11:40ampost #3949 of 133024/19/12 at 12:18pmpost #3950 of 133024/19/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
I just got a pair of similar pants in U last week. They were on sale and for 19.9. wool flat front pants in black, feel like flannel.post #3951 of 133024/19/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
yeyeye Tasmanian. don't think they're aggressive, lightly in my opinion. for size 31, I saw some of them in both 34st n 5av store. navy, charcoal, but no light grey.post #3952 of 133024/19/12 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Severisth
Got my UU stuff in from Suddenlee too. Gotta echo what others have said, surprised how much I like the easy jacket. Also hidden placket shirts seem decently made, especially for $20. Not sure how I feel about the cropped chino pants, might be selling the gray pair in size 31 I got, or try and trade them with someone who got the non-chino cropped pants. Also got the hooded blouson, definitely runs big, got it in size small and will be selling, might re-order later in XS if they go back on sale.
can you or anyone else comment on how the UU easy or light jacket fits compared to uniqlo's regular stuff? specifically compared to the OCBDs... i get a small in those but from the measurements it looks like i might need a medium in the jackets.post #3953 of 133024/19/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
I wear an XS in the normal oxfords, and I got a regular small in easy jacket, and it fits perfectly.post #3954 of 133024/19/12 at 12:54pmQuote:
That makes sense
I fit a 31 though its a fairly snug.
Will try to pickup more Tasmanian wool trousers. They are good "work horses"
And no they are not tapered at all. 8.25" hem OTRpost #3955 of 133024/19/12 at 2:20pmpost #3956 of 133024/19/12 at 2:55pmpost #3957 of 133024/19/12 at 2:58pmpost #3958 of 133024/19/12 at 3:02pm^ I have measured like that or pulling the p2p when measuring and it is still at most 1" difference i.e. 22" is actually 21" etc.
FWIW, the measurements provided by UK are good estimates e.g.
XS shirt measures according to the website about 20" ? But it fits a lot slimmer than actual when worn.
I am usually a small but tried the XS based on the measurement. It did not work out. TTS is a good balance between fitted and relaxed without fitting like J.crew. J.crew is just boxy all around. Never tried their slim fit line but I doubt it is any betterpost #3959 of 133024/19/12 at 4:29pm^ slim fit is def not better
Can anyone comment on the OCBD fit compared to the UU oxford with big buttons? I love me some small collars and now want the UU ones, I'm a small in the OCDB and they look awesome with the back pleat sewn shut on a small makes em slimmer. So maybe XS on the UU ones?
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How do I buy Vass shoes from the US? 2 minutes ago
- › watch pitch perfect 2 online free 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan