Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 264
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3947 of 134774/19/12 at 11:06amF/W 11 probably had the best selection of trousers moving forward. Not sure about the former seasons since I had no prior experience before Suddenlee.
Perhaps UU F/W 12 can bring out some nicer pants as well
^I can't believe you fit the tapered +J flannels... My thighs are pretty snug in the straight fit (size.31) unless you are size32 and the top block is the same for the slim and straight, and only difference is the tapering where the former is more aggressive than the latter
The straight fit on a size.31 still has about 7.5" taper...still looking for the size.32's in any color from the flannel +J line...OR Tasmanian wool in size.31.
LMK : )post #3948 of 134774/19/12 at 11:40ampost #3949 of 134774/19/12 at 12:18pmpost #3950 of 134774/19/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
I just got a pair of similar pants in U last week. They were on sale and for 19.9. wool flat front pants in black, feel like flannel.post #3951 of 134774/19/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
yeyeye Tasmanian. don't think they're aggressive, lightly in my opinion. for size 31, I saw some of them in both 34st n 5av store. navy, charcoal, but no light grey.post #3952 of 134774/19/12 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Severisth
Got my UU stuff in from Suddenlee too. Gotta echo what others have said, surprised how much I like the easy jacket. Also hidden placket shirts seem decently made, especially for $20. Not sure how I feel about the cropped chino pants, might be selling the gray pair in size 31 I got, or try and trade them with someone who got the non-chino cropped pants. Also got the hooded blouson, definitely runs big, got it in size small and will be selling, might re-order later in XS if they go back on sale.
can you or anyone else comment on how the UU easy or light jacket fits compared to uniqlo's regular stuff? specifically compared to the OCBDs... i get a small in those but from the measurements it looks like i might need a medium in the jackets.post #3953 of 134774/19/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
I wear an XS in the normal oxfords, and I got a regular small in easy jacket, and it fits perfectly.post #3954 of 134774/19/12 at 12:54pmQuote:
That makes sense
I fit a 31 though its a fairly snug.
Will try to pickup more Tasmanian wool trousers. They are good "work horses"
And no they are not tapered at all. 8.25" hem OTRpost #3955 of 134774/19/12 at 2:20pmpost #3956 of 134774/19/12 at 2:55pmpost #3957 of 134774/19/12 at 2:58pmpost #3958 of 134774/19/12 at 3:02pm^ I have measured like that or pulling the p2p when measuring and it is still at most 1" difference i.e. 22" is actually 21" etc.
FWIW, the measurements provided by UK are good estimates e.g.
XS shirt measures according to the website about 20" ? But it fits a lot slimmer than actual when worn.
I am usually a small but tried the XS based on the measurement. It did not work out. TTS is a good balance between fitted and relaxed without fitting like J.crew. J.crew is just boxy all around. Never tried their slim fit line but I doubt it is any betterpost #3959 of 134774/19/12 at 4:29pm^ slim fit is def not better
Can anyone comment on the OCBD fit compared to the UU oxford with big buttons? I love me some small collars and now want the UU ones, I'm a small in the OCDB and they look awesome with the back pleat sewn shut on a small makes em slimmer. So maybe XS on the UU ones?
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 10 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 28 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 32 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015