Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 264post #3947 of 141094/19/12 at 11:06amF/W 11 probably had the best selection of trousers moving forward. Not sure about the former seasons since I had no prior experience before Suddenlee.
Perhaps UU F/W 12 can bring out some nicer pants as well
^I can't believe you fit the tapered +J flannels... My thighs are pretty snug in the straight fit (size.31) unless you are size32 and the top block is the same for the slim and straight, and only difference is the tapering where the former is more aggressive than the latter
The straight fit on a size.31 still has about 7.5" taper...still looking for the size.32's in any color from the flannel +J line...OR Tasmanian wool in size.31.
LMK : )post #3948 of 141094/19/12 at 11:40ampost #3949 of 141094/19/12 at 12:18pmpost #3950 of 141094/19/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
I just got a pair of similar pants in U last week. They were on sale and for 19.9. wool flat front pants in black, feel like flannel.post #3951 of 141094/19/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
yeyeye Tasmanian. don't think they're aggressive, lightly in my opinion. for size 31, I saw some of them in both 34st n 5av store. navy, charcoal, but no light grey.post #3952 of 141094/19/12 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Severisth
Got my UU stuff in from Suddenlee too. Gotta echo what others have said, surprised how much I like the easy jacket. Also hidden placket shirts seem decently made, especially for $20. Not sure how I feel about the cropped chino pants, might be selling the gray pair in size 31 I got, or try and trade them with someone who got the non-chino cropped pants. Also got the hooded blouson, definitely runs big, got it in size small and will be selling, might re-order later in XS if they go back on sale.
can you or anyone else comment on how the UU easy or light jacket fits compared to uniqlo's regular stuff? specifically compared to the OCBDs... i get a small in those but from the measurements it looks like i might need a medium in the jackets.post #3953 of 141094/19/12 at 12:46pmQuote:
I wear an XS in the normal oxfords, and I got a regular small in easy jacket, and it fits perfectly.post #3954 of 141094/19/12 at 12:54pmQuote:
That makes sense
I fit a 31 though its a fairly snug.
Will try to pickup more Tasmanian wool trousers. They are good "work horses"
And no they are not tapered at all. 8.25" hem OTRpost #3955 of 141094/19/12 at 2:20pmpost #3956 of 141094/19/12 at 2:55pmpost #3957 of 141094/19/12 at 2:58pmpost #3958 of 141094/19/12 at 3:02pm^ I have measured like that or pulling the p2p when measuring and it is still at most 1" difference i.e. 22" is actually 21" etc.
FWIW, the measurements provided by UK are good estimates e.g.
XS shirt measures according to the website about 20" ? But it fits a lot slimmer than actual when worn.
I am usually a small but tried the XS based on the measurement. It did not work out. TTS is a good balance between fitted and relaxed without fitting like J.crew. J.crew is just boxy all around. Never tried their slim fit line but I doubt it is any betterpost #3959 of 141094/19/12 at 4:29pm^ slim fit is def not better
Can anyone comment on the OCBD fit compared to the UU oxford with big buttons? I love me some small collars and now want the UU ones, I'm a small in the OCDB and they look awesome with the back pleat sewn shut on a small makes em slimmer. So maybe XS on the UU ones?post #3960 of 141094/19/12 at 4:37pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Nice boots for the Rain? 30 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Winter Boot w/ Shearling 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...