1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Nope. The wool flannel did not so altering sleeve is good to go

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

Ideally though, that jacket could be .5-1 inch shorter, but I wouldn't go messing with length for .5 of an inch.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

What's the excitement behind the Undercover colab? What's Undercover like?

I can't help to think that the +J will come down as the best mainstream colab ever. Jil Sander was the perfect match for uniqlo.

4. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

Until previews come out from Sense, Popeye, Men's Non-no, etc we won't have a clue. Undercover is a label that is hard to pin down. Takahashi could just release technobabble pieces or graphics with cargo shorts. He could release wrinkly next-level punk wear or suiting with advanced cuts. It lands March 8th so we'll know by then.

5. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

As long as:

* The shoulders fit well
    * The armholes aren't too high or low
    * The lapels sit on your chest while the jacket is buttoned
    * The length of the jacket is no more than .5 inch longer than what you need

the rest is fixable IMHO. Looking at the pictures, all that seems true for this suit except the armholes seem a bit big in some of the pictures for some reason. I'd definitely take in the chest from the sides, maybe take .5 inch off of the bottom, and make the pant legs slimmer, in addition to the obvious hemming of the pants and sleeve shortening. But if it were me, I'd resell because of the armholes.

6. roofhead

roofhead New Member

oh wow Uniqlo! My friend in Japan always wore uniqlo

1 person likes this.
  7. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

anyone know the denim weights of their UJ and MIJ line? how about their stuff from 2008?

i have a pair ive worn for ~3 years (got them in march 09, probably ~32 months of wear. not even sure cuz there werent other jeans i rotated with, only time i wasnt in them was probably for some parts of summer) with 2 accidental washes when i first got them (lol didnt know what raw denim was and was wondering why they were so stiff)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  8. andrewsd

andrewsd Well-Known Member

couldn't find the merino cardigan in NYC yesterday, is it not a USA item or something?
    really wish the shirts fit me better..

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Went and bought a bunch of +j stuff - wish I had jumped on the fishtail in khaki when they had it in M - not a fan of the lighter beige nor the black.

10. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

Hi there, just wondering about getting a uniqlo suit to go out clubbing in since I almost had someone's bloody mary go all over my TaT suit last week. I'm pretty interested in the +J collection, not sure if any of the suiting there is left now though.

Here's the catch, I train quite a bit and the lats plus pectorals leave me with a circa 42inch chest now. Unfortunately my shoulders are still the same as that of a 36R (around 16-17inches from memory). Does anyone have measurements of a typical jacket or know if I could let out the chest?

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I don't think 17 shoulders and 42" chest will fly in a +J. I have a size Medium +J suit I want to get rid of, nwt, if you're interested but I have doubts it'd fit because of your p2p.

12. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

I've just measured my last TaT jacket. Laid flat it's 17 6/8 inches across the shoulders and at the bottom of the arm hole across is 21 inches. It's pretty much as tight as anyone could ever wear it while still being able to button it up. The arm scyes for TaT are fairly normal I think, so if +J is in the same ballpark I might cop.

13. WhoKnewI

i think it depends what season the suit is from. older season suits have a higher armhole and a more narrow shoulder. I am selling an xs from a past season because it is too snug, but xs from this season fits me perfectly (though I need to get the sleeves shortened).

14. Coldsnap

not gonna lie this puffer down jacket looks like a trash bag irl

Can anyone help me with the wool pea coat sizing? I'm usually an XS on their outerwear and a small in their shirts, unless the wool pea coat is super slim, I'm 160lbs 5'7.

So bummed, got a few flannels in XS and they are too small in the chest, will have to get S and get the bottoms tapered.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess the arm holes do look a bit too low in the picture, but any higher and it would probably constrict my shoulder movement. I'm going to the tailor this weekend to see what to do. I'm also in the middle of gaining 5-10lbs in the next two months so that might help the jacket fit as well. My drop is something like 10" so I'm not really expecting the waist to fit on anything at them moment.

16. Coldsnap

Yea, don't get it tailored too much then. I've been constantly gaining weight this year, from 145lbs to 163lbs; I have grown out of so much of my clothes I got tailored.

17. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the selection is like for the +J Stretch Twill Shirts in small? Also, do they have any of the cashmere cardigans left in small? Looking to put in another Suddenlee order.

18. Coldsnap

hanging around the house in heattech playing video games = nirvana

i hope they go on special soon because I want more

19. WhoKnewI

wore my heatech this week during the two cold new york winter days. worked beautifully.

20. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Awesome this gives me a bigger incentive to go out this Monday and pick some of that stuff up. I must say I love their merchandise.

I faced those two days too, cold as hell.