or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread - Page 272

post #4066 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

An SF member asked if I had one of David's new wool pattern wool ties and...I do.

Here is the pic of it that I posted last month. It is the midnight blue w/powder blue pattern (6-fold construction).

 

That's a beautiful and distinctive tie. I would not normally notice that with my own tastes, but seeing it in action it's quite stunning. I will have to remember this for inspiration.

post #4067 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis3433 View Post

Can you wear Challis wool ties all year round?wink.gif

For me they are very much a fall / winter look. If you have very cold springs you may be able to get away with a bit more wear.
post #4068 of 5325
I just ordered the charcoal silver grossa grenadine myself CD, I plan on wearing it with my new navy pinstripe double breasted suit, and a plain white shirt.

Looking forward to posting some pics.
post #4069 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis3433 View Post

Can you wear Challis wool ties all year round?wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

For me they are very much a fall / winter look. If you have very cold springs you may be able to get away with a bit more wear.

I agree with this. The question made me wonder about the Atkinson Royal Irish Poplin ties that David offers. Would you consider these seasonal as well? If so, which seasons?
post #4070 of 5325
David mentioned to me he felt they are a four-season tie. I have one in a dark green tartan so I tend to wear it more in autumn. The material is light with a dry hand so I guess if you were classing it based purely on feel you might prefer to wear it in spring/summer even though it is half wool.
post #4071 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold war painter View Post

David mentioned to me he felt they are a four-season tie. I have one in a dark green tartan so I tend to wear it more in autumn. The material is light with a dry hand so I guess if you were classing it based purely on feel you might prefer to wear it in spring/summer even though it is half wool.

While i personally think of wool ties as seasonal, I will say that unless the pattern itself lends itself to fall/winter wear only, I think a guy can get away with 4 season wear if he wishes.
post #4072 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

An SF member asked if I had one of David's new wool pattern wool ties and...I do.

Here is the pic of it that I posted last month. It is the midnight blue w/powder blue pattern (6-fold construction).


Beautiful tie of course, but the pairing with the shirt and jacket is really fantastic. The overall effect is a basic simplicity, but each component has those interesting subtleties that bring each other out and just ties it all together. Great job
post #4073 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silverfox View Post

Beautiful tie of course, but the pairing with the shirt and jacket is really fantastic. The overall effect is a basic simplicity, but each component has those interesting subtleties that bring each other out and just ties it all together. Great job

cheers.gif
post #4074 of 5325
Today's Hober is a repeat and is the midnight blue diamond weave (3-fold construction). Happy Monday everyone!

post #4075 of 5325
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifshog[1].gif
post #4076 of 5325
Today's Hober is a repeat and is the dark purple/black grenadine grossa (6-fold construction).

post #4077 of 5325
You know, you should be careful with posting so many ties. Don't you know that displays of valuable and desirable objects can often inspire would-be criminals to target you?

Before you know it, you might have a gang of grenadine-crazed SFers mounting a raid on your house, mansion, yacht or evil lair in search of the collection.
Edited by The Silverfox - 1/21/14 at 7:29am
post #4078 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silverfox View Post

You know, you should be careful with posting so many ties. Don't you know that displays of valuable and desirable objects can often make inspire would-be criminals?

Before you know it, you might have a gang of grenadine-crazed SFers mounting a raid on your house, mansion, yacht or evil lair.

 

:lol:

 

I actually hadn't considered that prospect...:uhoh:

post #4079 of 5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I actually hadn't considered that prospect...uhoh.gif

That's funny because I've been considering the prospect for some now. devil.gif

They don't call me the fox for nothing.
post #4080 of 5325
Fox, pm me please. I'm in!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread