or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › German Army Trainers Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

German Army Trainers Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 538

special GATs made by "Lico"
they are in size 45, the price is 49USD incl. shipping
they are unworn, but have been stored for a longer time


please note that i won't be able to ship anything from December 21. to January 4.
at the moment i have normal gats in following sizes

240 (37.5)
280 (43.5)
285 (44)
290 (45)
295 (46)

thanks!
post #302 of 538

Looking for size 265...
 

post #303 of 538

Got mine a about a week back. They look great but to be honest they aren't that comfortable. I'm generally a 9.5 which corresponds to the 275, but even in the right size I found mine to be a bit narrow. On top of that the insert is thin towards the toe where it is wanted most as the sole is thick and fairly hard. I'm hoping with time the leather will stretch and rubber will loosen and become more flexible. Has any one had similar problems and solved them by sucking it up and wearing them in?

post #304 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louys View Post

Got mine a about a week back. They look great but to be honest they aren't that comfortable. I'm generally a 9.5 which corresponds to the 275, but even in the right size I found mine to be a bit narrow. On top of that the insert is thin towards the toe where it is wanted most as the sole is thick and fairly hard. I'm hoping with time the leather will stretch and rubber will loosen and become more flexible. Has any one had similar problems and solved them by sucking it up and wearing them in?

I had the same problem with mine, and sold them. I saved up for a pair of MMM gats as they are wider near the toebox and more comfortable overall. 

post #305 of 538

I would so buy a pair of MMM's if the price tag were just a tad lower, get them on sale in my size (43, so neither likely nor impossible) and stack a code on top of that.. Unfortunately I'm still in college and while I've got more pocket change then most in that category it just isn't justifiable to spend that much on sneakers. That doesn't stop me from trying to justify the price tag though. smile.gif

post #306 of 538
Hi I have a pair in 265 received from Zeemon. Great condition worn 2-3x.

Anyone interested send me a PM.
post #307 of 538
Cross-post here, but very simple question:

My white Adidas Sambas finally kicked it, and have been looking at replacing them with a pair of these German Army Trainers. Have read conflicting reports about their comfort though. On the surface they look like the perfect unbranded replacement for sambas, and I'd assume they fit and felt the same (Adidas being based in Germany, etc.). Can anyone comment on their comfort, dis/similarity to Adidas offerings, and their durability?

Are they worth it?
post #308 of 538
i dont really understand the comfort complaints, they're athletic shoes with a removable insole so you can put whatever insole you prefer in them. i'm fine with the stock insole. it has a bump in the middle of it for some reason (that some people seem to dislike) however it lines up perfectly with where the arch starts on my foot so i dont even feel it (i have high arches though).

Its been too long since i've worn Adidas shoes for me to compare, but they're more comfortable than chucks, but not as soft/comfortable as my nike free 2 running shoes. I would guess its the same sole as the samba (looks the same plus same tread pattern minus the adidas logo) so sizing is probably the same too.

I think they're worth it, I bought from zeemon, highly recommended. they must still be made somewhere, mine still looked/smelled new when i got them. I dont like the stock laces though, too short and too skinny. I put some chuck taylor laces on mine.
post #309 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

i dont really understand the comfort complaints, they're athletic shoes with a removable insole so you can put whatever insole you prefer in them. i'm fine with the stock insole. it has a bump in the middle of it for some reason (that some people seem to dislike) however it lines up perfectly with where the arch starts on my foot so i dont even feel it (i have high arches though).
Its been too long since i've worn Adidas shoes for me to compare, but they're more comfortable than chucks, but not as soft/comfortable as my nike free 2 running shoes. I would guess its the same sole as the samba (looks the same plus same tread pattern minus the adidas logo) so sizing is probably the same too.
I think they're worth it, I bought from zeemon, highly recommended. they must still be made somewhere, mine still looked/smelled new when i got them. I dont like the stock laces though, too short and too skinny. I put some chuck taylor laces on mine.


Just got the pair I ordered in today. So far I think they are pretty comfortable. That odd bump/cushion was odd at first, but now I don't even notice it. Zeemon was super helpful in his sizing advice and the shipping was pretty quick considering. And really at the price they can't be beat.
post #310 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Cross-post here, but very simple question:
My white Adidas Sambas finally kicked it, and have been looking at replacing them with a pair of these German Army Trainers. Have read conflicting reports about their comfort though. On the surface they look like the perfect unbranded replacement for sambas, and I'd assume they fit and felt the same (Adidas being based in Germany, etc.). Can anyone comment on their comfort, dis/similarity to Adidas offerings, and their durability?
Are they worth it?


They may not be the most comfortable sneaker on the market, but they are certainly worth it. They look great, cost little, and will wear in eventually. I post a few days ago about this but in retrospect I think that it might be because I have slightly wider feet and the GAT is slimmer than previous shoes I've owned. If I were you I'd go for it. Zeemon is an excellent seller.

post #311 of 538

A friend of mine who is crazy into shoes showed me these yesterday and after seeing the pictures, I knew I had to get a pair! I run a men's size 9 in converse. What size GATs would you recommend?


Edited by R2Mitu - 1/4/13 at 9:25pm
post #312 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

i dont really understand the comfort complaints, they're athletic shoes with a removable insole so you can put whatever insole you prefer in them. i'm fine with the stock insole. it has a bump in the middle of it for some reason (that some people seem to dislike) however it lines up perfectly with where the arch starts on my foot so i dont even feel it (i have high arches though).
Its been too long since i've worn Adidas shoes for me to compare, but they're more comfortable than chucks, but not as soft/comfortable as my nike free 2 running shoes. I would guess its the same sole as the samba (looks the same plus same tread pattern minus the adidas logo) so sizing is probably the same too.
I think they're worth it, I bought from zeemon, highly recommended. they must still be made somewhere, mine still looked/smelled new when i got them. I dont like the stock laces though, too short and too skinny. I put some chuck taylor laces on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuper View Post

Just got the pair I ordered in today. So far I think they are pretty comfortable. That odd bump/cushion was odd at first, but now I don't even notice it. Zeemon was super helpful in his sizing advice and the shipping was pretty quick considering. And really at the price they can't be beat.

Thanks for the advice guys. Will have to pick up.
post #313 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Mitu View Post

A friend of mine who is crazy into shoes showed me these yesterday and after seeing the pictures, I knew I had to get a pair! I run a men's size 9 in converse. What size GATs would you recommend?

I would do a 265 probably. I wear a 10 in chucks with a little room in the toes and the 275 GATs are slimmer and a little tight in the toes. They have stretched out a bit though. So 265 or 270.
post #314 of 538

I disagree with above, I wear a size 9.5 in chucks and a size 275 in the gats was a good fit for me. 

post #315 of 538
thanks for the kind words guys


270 and 275 are out of stock at the moment
i'll post here when i got new pairs in these sizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › German Army Trainers Thread