^winning; oh and welcome great to have you here, I expect this theread will benefit highly from your help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 4:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 235
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3512 of 98842/27/13 at 3:04ampost #3513 of 98842/27/13 at 4:02ampost #3514 of 98842/27/13 at 4:49ampost #3515 of 98842/27/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Very nice indeed. So they are essentially similar to Northcote, but with broguing? May I ask what is the size in US and UK? Is the RRP higher or lower than Northcotes. I have recently got Northcotes and very happy with them. So thinking about a second pair of CJ boots.post #3516 of 98842/27/13 at 6:58amQuote:
I don't have personal experience with the Northcote, but I've shopped/ogled it quite a bit. I think your assessment is correct - essentially the Northcote with brogueing (plus the heel piece on the Ludlow isn't present on the Northcote).
Mine is a 10.5D US (which, again based on a lot of online hunting, is probably a 9.5UK). Note that I have 10.5+ feet (my left is probably a 10.6 and my right is a 10.75'ish) and they fit me perfect, so my sense is they run a little large. I was really concerned with the narrow last, particularly the toebox because on my right foot where my stupid pinky toe protrudes, but so far so good.
Aside from them being boots, I don't see the Northcote and Ludlow overlapping enough in a rotation to prevent having both. With the brogueing/medallion, they'll both present entirely differently when poking out from under your trousers.
edit: you re-piqued my interest in the Northcote so I revisited some images and, especially now having the Ludlow, they appear to be on much different lasts. As noted early, I'm no C&J last expert, but to my eye the Northcote appears more rounded while the Ludlow is narrower with a more chiseled toe. Maybe it's the pics I'm looking at, but that's my take now. In which case I'd say they'd definitely do fine in a single wardrobe and wouldn't stylistically overlap much if at all.post #3517 of 98842/27/13 at 7:15amQuote:Thank you for the detailed response.
My feet are inbetween 10.5 and 11 US. Probably D width. From my experience with Conistons (lovely boots as well), the UK size in CJ for me is 10. Now, since Northcotes are on 348 last I was a bit worried. However, several years ago I bought a Baldessarini bluchers that happened to be made by CJ and to be on 348 last. And they fit me quite well. So I got Northcotes 10 UK, they are a bit roomy with thin socks, but nice in any case.
I was thinking about buying a new pair of Conistons OR black Northcotes OR (now that I know such a boot exists) Ludlow.
The problem with Conistons or any other "country" boot -they look funny with formal pants/suits.post #3518 of 98842/27/13 at 7:41ampost #3519 of 98842/27/13 at 8:23amQuote:
As a boot nut I mostly agree. My fewer country type boots (even my Lindrick's, which kind of span the country/city space) only get duty with odd jacket/trouser combos that are more country'ish too - flannels and such. I don't have any suits like that, but if I did the same sort of sensability would apply.
That's where the Ludlows really shine for me, even with the speed hooks and brogueing (which lend that country type feel), the shape and construction looks great even with a more conservative suit.
Edited by razl - 2/27/13 at 7:34pmpost #3520 of 98842/27/13 at 11:16ampost #3521 of 98842/27/13 at 12:04pm
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!post #3522 of 98842/27/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by pennzi12
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I ordered a pair of Islays and went strictly by their sizing and it worked out (TTS) just right for me. If in doubt order 2 and return the one that doesn't work for you.post #3523 of 98842/27/13 at 12:47pmpost #3524 of 98842/27/13 at 3:17pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 15 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...