^winning; oh and welcome great to have you here, I expect this theread will benefit highly from your help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/2/15 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:53 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 235
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3512 of 100032/27/13 at 3:04ampost #3513 of 100032/27/13 at 4:02ampost #3514 of 100032/27/13 at 4:49ampost #3515 of 100032/27/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Very nice indeed. So they are essentially similar to Northcote, but with broguing? May I ask what is the size in US and UK? Is the RRP higher or lower than Northcotes. I have recently got Northcotes and very happy with them. So thinking about a second pair of CJ boots.post #3516 of 100032/27/13 at 6:58amQuote:
I don't have personal experience with the Northcote, but I've shopped/ogled it quite a bit. I think your assessment is correct - essentially the Northcote with brogueing (plus the heel piece on the Ludlow isn't present on the Northcote).
Mine is a 10.5D US (which, again based on a lot of online hunting, is probably a 9.5UK). Note that I have 10.5+ feet (my left is probably a 10.6 and my right is a 10.75'ish) and they fit me perfect, so my sense is they run a little large. I was really concerned with the narrow last, particularly the toebox because on my right foot where my stupid pinky toe protrudes, but so far so good.
Aside from them being boots, I don't see the Northcote and Ludlow overlapping enough in a rotation to prevent having both. With the brogueing/medallion, they'll both present entirely differently when poking out from under your trousers.
edit: you re-piqued my interest in the Northcote so I revisited some images and, especially now having the Ludlow, they appear to be on much different lasts. As noted early, I'm no C&J last expert, but to my eye the Northcote appears more rounded while the Ludlow is narrower with a more chiseled toe. Maybe it's the pics I'm looking at, but that's my take now. In which case I'd say they'd definitely do fine in a single wardrobe and wouldn't stylistically overlap much if at all.post #3517 of 100032/27/13 at 7:15amQuote:Thank you for the detailed response.
My feet are inbetween 10.5 and 11 US. Probably D width. From my experience with Conistons (lovely boots as well), the UK size in CJ for me is 10. Now, since Northcotes are on 348 last I was a bit worried. However, several years ago I bought a Baldessarini bluchers that happened to be made by CJ and to be on 348 last. And they fit me quite well. So I got Northcotes 10 UK, they are a bit roomy with thin socks, but nice in any case.
I was thinking about buying a new pair of Conistons OR black Northcotes OR (now that I know such a boot exists) Ludlow.
The problem with Conistons or any other "country" boot -they look funny with formal pants/suits.post #3518 of 100032/27/13 at 7:41ampost #3519 of 100032/27/13 at 8:23amQuote:
As a boot nut I mostly agree. My fewer country type boots (even my Lindrick's, which kind of span the country/city space) only get duty with odd jacket/trouser combos that are more country'ish too - flannels and such. I don't have any suits like that, but if I did the same sort of sensability would apply.
That's where the Ludlows really shine for me, even with the speed hooks and brogueing (which lend that country type feel), the shape and construction looks great even with a more conservative suit.
Edited by razl - 2/27/13 at 7:34pmpost #3520 of 100032/27/13 at 11:16ampost #3521 of 100032/27/13 at 12:04pm
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!post #3522 of 100032/27/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by pennzi12
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I ordered a pair of Islays and went strictly by their sizing and it worked out (TTS) just right for me. If in doubt order 2 and return the one that doesn't work for you.post #3523 of 100032/27/13 at 12:47pmpost #3524 of 100032/27/13 at 3:17pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 25 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 35 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 37 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015