1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Well-Known Member

I'm interested in going this route so would appreciate others' feedbacks. Based from what I've seen, looks like the price for the Tetbury would be 275 GBP + shipping.

Also, which color is more versatile? Black or brown? I want to wear the Tetbury with jeans also

2. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Well-Known Member

I just bought two pairs of C&J Tetbury boots from Chistopher Forbes for about $395 (241 GBP) each + shipping. Also bought a Northcote for around $465 (305 GBP). Also, P.Lal has the Tetbury (limited selection) for the same price.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. Saratorial_Splender

Brown is more versatile. I have one in Black suede as well, but it is more special and less versatile. I love it.

4. SloopyNoob

Is the stock on Christopher Forbes website reliable? Plal pricing on the Tetbury seems to be on the more expensive side. 1299 MYR + 115 MYR shipping

5. billionaireboy

billionaireboy Well-Known Member

you have to generally add 30GBP to Satorial_Splender's price for shipping to the states.. all in all, PLAL is definitely cheaper

6. Saratorial_Splender

Chirstopher Forbes will get you one in less than a week if they do not have your size. I used them for 12E and received them in less than 10 days. They are reliable. email Alastair Ramsden at alastair.ramsden@googlemail.com; He is a joy to work with and very reliable.

P.Lal is more expensive, but they have few in stock. If they have your size, it is faster.

7. SloopyNoob

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm trying to get a hands on the Tetbury before the 007 craze takes over in a month :)

8. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Well-Known Member

i just got some brown calf tetburys from robert old! :) I'll likely need the black and the suede... soon...

9. JackHunter

JackHunter Member

a 9.5US in a pair of westbourne (348 last) bought from Barneys would be the same size at 8.5uk on northcotes (also 348 last), correct? It seems like barneys sizes up by one, but it seems like I save a ton of money buying from christopher forbes instead of direct from the US store and returns are much harder if the size isn't right. I know the westbournes fit well, so I just need to figure out what size they're equivalent to.

10. SloopyNoob

How's robert old? I haven't ordered from them before.

11. bwp

bwp Well-Known Member

Robert Old is great, I definitely recommend them. I recently inquired about a pair of Westbournes, they said they would reserve me a pair in their next order due for November 1 delivery from C&J. They emailed me a week later and said that stock arrived earlier than anticipated, product was shipped same day and arrived 4 days later, not sure of the carrier offhand but no duties were charged.

12. Saratorial_Splender

All is correct US sizes are up 1. C&J are correctly sized to correspond to -1 of US size.

13. billionaireboy

billionaireboy Well-Known Member

I would disagree. I own two pairs of Westbournes. One purchased from C&J directly sized 7.5UK, and one purchased from barneys size US8. The shoes are exactly the same, and so from my experience, C&J only sizes down 1/2.

14. SloopyNoob

I think sizing is last dependent to a degree. From my own experience with the Westbourne, the UK size is 1/2 down from the US size.

15. Saratorial_Splender

You have small feet. I have large ones, agree to disagree. I have over 200 pairs.

[​IMG]

16. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

Sorry but you are wrong. Crockett & Jones customer service informed me a couple of years ago that shoes marked with a US size are 1/2 size more than if the shoes were marked with a UK size. C&J specifically stated that a UK 11.5E is a US 12D.

17. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

My experience with C&J's puts me in Sartorial's camp on this one.

I am TTS US9.5D. I have various C&J's on various lasts, some calf and some shell, some tie and some monks, and I wear UK8.5E in them all. And the US-sized C&J's from BB I own are US9.5D.

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

and did you buy the shoe to confirm?

19. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

The shoes and boots in the factory shop are arranged so that, for example, a boot marked 10 destined for the American market is on the rack with the UK 9.5 models. The half-size down seemed to be right when I tried on a couple of models marked as a US 10 for my UK 9.5 feet...

20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

My RJ C&Js marked US10D fit my UK9.5 feet and are marked as UK9.5.