1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Dark brown

2. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

You realize, I hope, that this information is helpful only if you know your UK size.

3. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UK 12E fits my US13D high instep feet perfectly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. ap10046

ap10046 Well-Known Member

I use a regular conditioner and treat it as I would leather.
    It feels nothing like "real" nubuck, more like a thick waxy leather.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Well-Known Member

Thx guys for the replies. I think I'll go with Dark Brown :)

6. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Same thoughts, for a second thought I missed out. Who cares how shit is sized, just get what fits you.

7. ap10046

Just FYI, PLAL has limited stocks in the Brown Tetbury.

8. ap10046

I think I opened a big ol' can of worms...:embar::embar:

9. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

The loafer is definitely 1 size up and the brogue is 1/2 size up, based on a consistent 32cm outsole measurement on all UK 10E pairs I have. Don't know about the other models.

10. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

11. Lumaca

Lumaca Active Member

Pretty sure I heard Craig asked for Crockett and Jones, and the directors just said yes.

12. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

According to this article, Brosnan wore the (Church's) Presley monk and Craig wore the Philip and Ryder III.

It's been blogged before that Craig wears C&J's Skye in 'real life', which is what I believe he's wearing here:

[​IMG]

13. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Interesting - could see Prada spent the money needed for product placement of Church shoes, but either I underestimated the marketing budget of C&J or it must really come on request by Craig.

Curious if this will really bring C&J into the focus of a broader demographic.

14. CTBrummie

C&J cannot physically meet current demands for their shoes. The extra exposure mightn't be a good thing for their regular clientele..

15. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

I havn't heard of any waiting times when you order direct from C&J.

16. CTBrummie

Depends entirely on what model you're after at any one given time, and in what size. I had to wait several weeks for a pair of Skye to crop up in my size earlier this year, and that was with the staff at my local C&J shop on the case. From chatting to the manager, this wasn't an uncommon occurrence but obviously not everyone will experience this.

I know that their priority is keeping their own outlets stocked as far as possible, which is why some other retailers have limitations on what they can order in on a monthly basis.

17. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Neither did I, waiting times seem to affect so far the online retailers only.

Also not sure how much visibility the shoes will get in the new Bond movie and if this will really raise attention for the brand.

18. The7Ups

The7Ups Well-Known Member

+ 1

And in addition c&j have a separate stock list for supplying non c&j owned stores. It's much more limited in terms of its scope and while I believe they endeavour to fulfil orders within a couple of weeks for popular shoes like say Pembroke and Cottesmore they are not always in a position to do so.

I'm sure I could walk into the London store an pick up a Cottesmore boot tomorrow or order via mail order as previous posters have suggested but my local non c&j run shop who i like to buy c&j from was told when I enquired with them that Cottesmore would be 8 weeks away in my size. And this is not the first time that there has been long lead times on regular list shoes that I have enquired about.