Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 148post #2206 of 620212/5/12 at 2:59ampost #2207 of 620212/5/12 at 7:34ampost #2208 of 620212/5/12 at 8:37ampost #2209 of 620212/5/12 at 9:44ampost #2210 of 620212/5/12 at 1:29pmpost #2211 of 620212/5/12 at 11:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Damn that's cheap for a Everest, 1100$ less than normal (could NC be lurking on here).
A mistake surely?. The Mallories and other products more or less correspond to prices elsewhere, but all the down jackets are way cheaper..
Or maybe down is exempt from tax in Denmark or something.. ??post #2212 of 620212/6/12 at 1:24amQuote:
Nope last I checked it was 3800$ and nothing is exempt from tax here.post #2213 of 620212/8/12 at 6:38amHi
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out what the difference between a Classic Mallory and a Mallory tweed jacket is, if any. Stoy-munkholm.com has priced the Mallory tweed jacket a bit lower.
Is it just that those are previous season's models or is it the color, or is a classic Mallory heavier tweed?
I'm trying to find one which could be worn even under -10 C in the winter with some layering.
Thanks.post #2214 of 620212/8/12 at 7:06am
Good question, Flumestory! I was wondering the same when I was looking at their website just the other day.
I wore my army stripes Mallory earlier this week in around -15 C, with a Mallory waistcoat under. A little cold on the arms, but almost too warm otherwise. I was out and about for around an hour on each occasion, so a pretty decent test of it. A thin sweater would have worked even better, but I had neglected to bring that.
Today I wore a lambswool sweater and the jacket worked very well in about -8 C.
Nickpost #2215 of 620212/9/12 at 1:04am
Ok, I think I see it now... The clue is in this photo (which only comes up if you open their photo viewer and step through all the photos):
The Centenary label tells us this is the 2011 version (Harris Tweed celebrated 100 years of the Orb label then).
So their Classic versions are the 2012 versions, the "regular" versions are 2011. Or am I totally wrong?
Nickpost #2216 of 620212/10/12 at 6:06ampost #2217 of 620212/10/12 at 6:53ampost #2218 of 620212/10/12 at 10:37ampost #2219 of 620212/10/12 at 11:21ampost #2220 of 620212/10/12 at 11:49am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 41 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Men's briefs 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding