Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 148post #2206 of 644512/5/12 at 2:59ampost #2207 of 644512/5/12 at 7:34ampost #2208 of 644512/5/12 at 8:37ampost #2209 of 644512/5/12 at 9:44ampost #2210 of 644512/5/12 at 1:29pmpost #2211 of 644512/5/12 at 11:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Damn that's cheap for a Everest, 1100$ less than normal (could NC be lurking on here).
A mistake surely?. The Mallories and other products more or less correspond to prices elsewhere, but all the down jackets are way cheaper..
Or maybe down is exempt from tax in Denmark or something.. ??post #2212 of 644512/6/12 at 1:24amQuote:
Nope last I checked it was 3800$ and nothing is exempt from tax here.post #2213 of 644512/8/12 at 6:38amHi
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out what the difference between a Classic Mallory and a Mallory tweed jacket is, if any. Stoy-munkholm.com has priced the Mallory tweed jacket a bit lower.
Is it just that those are previous season's models or is it the color, or is a classic Mallory heavier tweed?
I'm trying to find one which could be worn even under -10 C in the winter with some layering.
Thanks.post #2214 of 644512/8/12 at 7:06am
Good question, Flumestory! I was wondering the same when I was looking at their website just the other day.
I wore my army stripes Mallory earlier this week in around -15 C, with a Mallory waistcoat under. A little cold on the arms, but almost too warm otherwise. I was out and about for around an hour on each occasion, so a pretty decent test of it. A thin sweater would have worked even better, but I had neglected to bring that.
Today I wore a lambswool sweater and the jacket worked very well in about -8 C.
Nickpost #2215 of 644512/9/12 at 1:04am
Ok, I think I see it now... The clue is in this photo (which only comes up if you open their photo viewer and step through all the photos):
The Centenary label tells us this is the 2011 version (Harris Tweed celebrated 100 years of the Orb label then).
So their Classic versions are the 2012 versions, the "regular" versions are 2011. Or am I totally wrong?
Nickpost #2216 of 644512/10/12 at 6:06ampost #2217 of 644512/10/12 at 6:53ampost #2218 of 644512/10/12 at 10:37ampost #2219 of 644512/10/12 at 11:21ampost #2220 of 644512/10/12 at 11:49am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...