Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 1/30/15 at 3:12am in Classic Menswear
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 148
Styleforum Top Picks
Damn that's cheap for a Everest, 1100$ less than normal (could NC be lurking on here).
A mistake surely?. The Mallories and other products more or less correspond to prices elsewhere, but all the down jackets are way cheaper..
Or maybe down is exempt from tax in Denmark or something.. ??
Nope last I checked it was 3800$ and nothing is exempt from tax here.
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out what the difference between a Classic Mallory and a Mallory tweed jacket is, if any. Stoy-munkholm.com has priced the Mallory tweed jacket a bit lower.
Is it just that those are previous season's models or is it the color, or is a classic Mallory heavier tweed?
I'm trying to find one which could be worn even under -10 C in the winter with some layering.
Good question, Flumestory! I was wondering the same when I was looking at their website just the other day.
I wore my army stripes Mallory earlier this week in around -15 C, with a Mallory waistcoat under. A little cold on the arms, but almost too warm otherwise. I was out and about for around an hour on each occasion, so a pretty decent test of it. A thin sweater would have worked even better, but I had neglected to bring that.
Today I wore a lambswool sweater and the jacket worked very well in about -8 C.
Ok, I think I see it now... The clue is in this photo (which only comes up if you open their photo viewer and step through all the photos):
The Centenary label tells us this is the 2011 version (Harris Tweed celebrated 100 years of the Orb label then).
So their Classic versions are the 2012 versions, the "regular" versions are 2011. Or am I totally wrong?
- Nigel Cabourn
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 33 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 57 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays