Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 148post #2206 of 622512/5/12 at 2:59ampost #2207 of 622512/5/12 at 7:34ampost #2208 of 622512/5/12 at 8:37ampost #2209 of 622512/5/12 at 9:44ampost #2210 of 622512/5/12 at 1:29pmpost #2211 of 622512/5/12 at 11:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Damn that's cheap for a Everest, 1100$ less than normal (could NC be lurking on here).
A mistake surely?. The Mallories and other products more or less correspond to prices elsewhere, but all the down jackets are way cheaper..
Or maybe down is exempt from tax in Denmark or something.. ??post #2212 of 622512/6/12 at 1:24amQuote:
Nope last I checked it was 3800$ and nothing is exempt from tax here.post #2213 of 622512/8/12 at 6:38amHi
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find out what the difference between a Classic Mallory and a Mallory tweed jacket is, if any. Stoy-munkholm.com has priced the Mallory tweed jacket a bit lower.
Is it just that those are previous season's models or is it the color, or is a classic Mallory heavier tweed?
I'm trying to find one which could be worn even under -10 C in the winter with some layering.
Thanks.post #2214 of 622512/8/12 at 7:06am
Good question, Flumestory! I was wondering the same when I was looking at their website just the other day.
I wore my army stripes Mallory earlier this week in around -15 C, with a Mallory waistcoat under. A little cold on the arms, but almost too warm otherwise. I was out and about for around an hour on each occasion, so a pretty decent test of it. A thin sweater would have worked even better, but I had neglected to bring that.
Today I wore a lambswool sweater and the jacket worked very well in about -8 C.
Nickpost #2215 of 622512/9/12 at 1:04am
Ok, I think I see it now... The clue is in this photo (which only comes up if you open their photo viewer and step through all the photos):
The Centenary label tells us this is the 2011 version (Harris Tweed celebrated 100 years of the Orb label then).
So their Classic versions are the 2012 versions, the "regular" versions are 2011. Or am I totally wrong?
Nickpost #2216 of 622512/10/12 at 6:06ampost #2217 of 622512/10/12 at 6:53ampost #2218 of 622512/10/12 at 10:37ampost #2219 of 622512/10/12 at 11:21ampost #2220 of 622512/10/12 at 11:49am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding