• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris shopping

Bellison

Reaction score
Hi all, I am thinking of going to Paris for a long weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions for good shopping? I am thinking of visiting berluti and corthay. Does anyone know if I can get any good discounts on corthay??

legorogel

Reaction score
best places to go shopping in Paris?\tdpap\tMen's Clothing\t17\tNovember 29th, 2009 04:39 PM
Paris shopping\tclausc\tMen's Clothing\t37\tMay 18th, 2009 01:36 PM
shopping in paris\tjerrysfriend\tMen's Clothing\t19\tNovember 27th, 2004 02:52 PM
Paris shopping report.\tfkl118\tMen's Clothing\t9\tJuly 18th, 2004 04:25 AM
Shopping in paris

leebert

Reaction score
If you're hunting for shoes, a few thoughts:

• For Berluti, visit the Rue Marbeuf store - it's closer to Corthay and...
  • JLP is quite close
  • If this is a serious trip, try to schedule a visit with Dimitri Gomez who is also in the 8th
  • Finally, stop by Aurbecy - they're not discussed too much in the Forum (from what I can see - still new) but very good

Along the way you'll likely cross the usual suspects, like Edward Green at Old England and a Weston outlet and a bunch others.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arthur et Fox

I posted this last Summer re: Paris shopping.

I endorse Max Jones' recommendation for Arthur et Fox
on Boulvard St Germaine.I have slacks from them,
one pair of which is over twenty years old and still looks
good. They sell classical British-inspired clothing of very
high quality at relatively reasonable prices.

Other locations:

Arthur et Fox
Rue Vignon
75009 9ème Arrondissement Paris, Paris, France
01 47 42 00 32‎
01 47 42 86 81‎ - Fax

Arthur et Fox
44, Rue Bac
75007 Paris, France
01 45 44 90 40‎

Bellison

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But I'm guessing these stores all sell at full retail price?

Originally Posted by leebert
If you're hunting for shoes, a few thoughts:

• For Berluti, visit the Rue Marbeuf store - it's closer to Corthay and...
  • JLP is quite close
  • If this is a serious trip, try to schedule a visit with Dimitri Gomez who is also in the 8th
  • Finally, stop by Aurbecy - they're not discussed too much in the Forum (from what I can see - still new) but very good

Along the way you'll likely cross the usual suspects, like Edward Green at Old England and a Weston outlet and a bunch others.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was in Paris with a shoe mission a few weeks ago... and aside from paying retail, dont expect to find much of a bargain. Plenty of full price eye candy though..

dbc

Reaction score
I like the Vercourt atelier along the Rue de Seine

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Hello,

I would highly recommend to visit Marc Guyot in his Cape Cod shop at 5 rue Pasquier in the 8th arrondissement. It's right next to the Crockett & Jones shop near place de la Madeleine, which is where Dimitri, C&J's bespoke shoemaker, works.

His shirts are top notch, as are his shoes. He also carries the Carlos Santos brand since he's their stylist. Well worth a look.
http://www.marcguyot.com/1.aspx

If you're into watches, you definitely want to check out l'Atelier du Bracelet Parisien on place du Marche Saint Honore (1st arrondissement). Their watch straps in exotic skins are fantastic.
http://www.abp-paris.com/

Liste Rouge at 138 rue du Faubourg Saint Honore (8th) has a great selection of Gallo socks.
http://www.listerouge.fr/home/home.php

If you are to the west of the city, have a look at Sellerie Motard at 3 rue du Debarcadere in the 17th. They are a saddlery that offers high quality hand made belts, wallets, card holders etc. at a very reasonable price. http://selleriemotard.com/.

If you like traditional rugby jerseys that are replicas of vintage models worn in the 20's and 30's you might want to check the following:
http://www.sports-depoque.com/
I have 3 of them which I absolutely love. They're made in France based on pictures provided by the Musee National du Sport. In Paris, they can be found at La Boutique Rugby at 75 bis Boulevard de Clichy in the 9th

Then, of course there is Old England at 12 Boulevard des Capucines, 9th, which is sort of a high-end department store aimed at gentlemen looking for all things British.

Edward Green has recently opened a shop at 199b Boulevard Saint Germain in the 7th, but I haven't had a chance to visit it yet.

I also agree with one of the above posters: try to have a look at Aubercy (34 rue Vivienne, 2nd), they are very good.

Enjoy Paris.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm here in Paris right now. not really for shopping, although i've been keeping my eye out. pretty much the only SF-approved sale i've seen is 40-50% off some final sale items at Old England. some really nice Sartoria Partenopea suits, Church's shoes, and house brand sportscoats and overcoats (some of them made by Belvest)

i did take advantage of my Paris vacation to source some items that i could not get in the States, like some custom-patina'd Corthays and MTM Charvet. but it definitely seems like a place to get unique things that are worth paying full ticket for - if you're looking for a serious bargain, i would just stick with the US outlet/discount retailers

Chrenetique

Reaction score
I agree wityh HRoi, one should buy in Paris what you can't get elsewhere. Plus, it's notoriously the wrong place for hunting out the least bargain... As said (or not) before, I strongly suggest - For bespoke or MTM shoes, the very talented Dimitri Gomez : http://www.dimitribottier.com/1en.aspx ($1650 MTM, $3400 bespoke), but Corthay (http://www.corthay.fr/corthay_en.html) and Berluti are great too for fine shoes, bespoke or not. And if there's a Mrs Bellison coming with you, check Massaro (2 rue de la Paix, 2nd) for the nicest bespoke women shoes. For suits, try Cifonelli (31 rue de Marbeuf, 8th ; RTW for $2500 and $5500 bespoke), or Camps de Luca for even more expensive bespoke, but I think this is not appropriate for a weekend only... For shirts, Charvet is the best (28 place Vendôme, 1st ; bespoke for $550, MTM for $400, RTW also exists), their ties are top notch too ($170). A little video, in English, presenting Charvet's work : Others high-end shirtmakers are Lucca (58 boulevard des Batignolles, 17th) and Courtot (113 rue de Rennes, 6th), who're canvassing and handstitching it all, bespoke, for $250-270. For belts or everything in leather, Duret (29 rue Duret, 16th) makes the most splendid and expensive bespoke stuff : http://www.duret-paris.com/1.aspx Jacques Ferrand is nearly as good, and cheaper (23 rue des Blancs-Manteaux, 4th). For luxury watches, well... I know nothing about it
laugh.gif
Arnys is good for such accessories as yak hair scarfs, cufflinks, and crazy ties/pocket squares : http://www.arnys.fr/shop_arnys/index.php (ultra expensive, $1150 for that yak scarf, so what?) And for bespoke hats and caps, Guilson (3 rue Saint-Philippe du Roule, 8th) is doing it well. It's a good bespoke tailor as well, but their hats are lovely - the hatmaker's practising since 1960 for the greatest french stars... : http://www.guilson.com/5.aspx Hope this helps. If you're looking for slightly cheaper things, it's possible too - just ask.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
like some custom-patina'd Corthays and MTM Charvet.

Originally Posted by Chrenetique

For shirts, Charvet is the best (28 place Vendôme, 1st ; bespoke for $550, MTM for $400, RTW also exists), their ties are top notch too ($170). A little video, in English, presenting Charvet's work :

My Charvet MTM is only 2 weeks away from arriving!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
cannot effing wait... and FYI the $400 is the start point for the MTM service - the prices are graded on the fabrics, from 1 (like cardboard) to 10 (silk).
teacha.gif

seok

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of dark brown Chelse boots with rubber soles from Old England. Rebranded Churches in a French brand from Nice...Albert. Manager spoke English and was helpful. They have a 30% sale going on, but only applies to sweaters, raincoats, and suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads