or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 594

post #8896 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post

Black Park Avenues: $199 (down from $259)
Black or brown Neumoras: $179 (down from $259)
Black, burgundy, or tan Kenwoods: $129 (down from $179)
^^ good deal?

 

great deal, i'd hop all over those Neumoras in brown all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post

Great AE video, I hope it hasn't been posted already. Industry and technology!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qoAXzhWw6M

 

i'm sure its been posted many times in this thread lol... but ya, great video.  another awesome video is the longer one from Horween that was on their website, but it seems to be taken down, i was looking for it a couple weeks ago and couldn't find it... lemme check

post #8897 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

 

My Elgins, just got done saddle soaping them then adding some edge protector I just got from AE.  Been through a lot with these, including a very rainy night in the French Quarter of New Orleans that I believe caused some warping issues.

 

Those cleaned up very well. I purchased the natural edge dressing for treating my Elgin's and Mctavish because I was afraid of moisture absorption through the edges of the soles but haven't gotten around to it. You have just increased the importance of that priority to me, thank you for the warning. I hope the warping goes away for you.
post #8898 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

 

Those cleaned up very well. I purchased the natural edge dressing for treating my Elgin's and Mctavish because I was afraid of moisture absorption through the edges of the soles but haven't gotten around to it. You have just increased the importance of that priority to me, thank you for the warning. I hope the warping goes away for you.

If you look on the right side of the left shoe near where the two lines of broguing meet (I can't think of a better way to describe it), you can see a sort of "bubble" that is what I was talking about.  The uppers basically got soaked, and though I did the whole newspaper inside thing, I believe it caused that spot to be misshapen. 

post #8899 of 46522

Just ordered the dark chocolate Dalton boot from the shoe bank - $254 :)

 - hope the 10D fits. I am a 9.5E on the 5 last

post #8900 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejson View Post

Just ordered the dark chocolate Dalton boot from the shoe bank - $254 :)

 - hope the 10D fits. I am a 9.5E on the 5 last


Your foot may be different, but I'm an 11B in the 5 last (Strand) and I'm the same size on the 1 last (Dalton, Bayfield).  Post up pics when you get them!

post #8901 of 46522
sizing question: i'm a 10D in clifton and delray. i'm thinking of picking up a pair of either Park Avenues or Fifth Avenues. what size?
post #8902 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

sizing question: i'm a 10D in clifton and delray. i'm thinking of picking up a pair of either Park Avenues or Fifth Avenues. what size?

I wear 9D in the 8 last and the 5 last. nod[1].gif
post #8903 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post

Black Park Avenues: $199 (down from $259)
Black or brown Neumoras: $179 (down from $259)
Black, burgundy, or tan Kenwoods: $129 (down from $179)
^^ good deal?

Related, does anyone have experience with the Neumoras? I know the quality issues have been supposedly fixed, but I need a second opinion on if the toes are too squared off. Thoughts?
post #8904 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I wear 9D in the 8 last and the 5 last. nod[1].gif

+1.
post #8905 of 46522
Thanks fellas!
post #8906 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post


Related, does anyone have experience with the Neumoras? I know the quality issues have been supposedly fixed, but I need a second opinion on if the toes are too squared off. Thoughts?


I personally like the slightly squared off toe (see the previous pages for my parkway pictures). The fit is a little bit larger than the 5 last, I would say about 1/4 inch longer than the 5 and a little bit wider around the ball off the foot. It fits my foot really well because I am in between a D and E on the 5 last, and this seems to work. Some find it large enough to size down 1/2 a size from the 5 last.

post #8907 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Related, does anyone have experience with the Neumoras? I know the quality issues have been supposedly fixed, but I need a second opinion on if the toes are too squared off. Thoughts?

I'm not digging the 3 last much. I think the Rutledge is a beautiful shoe and was considering it...but I just can't get over that toe. I have the Bel-Air, so I don't mind a slightly squared-off toe. To me, the Neumora, Flatiron, and Rutledge are just a bit too much. I'll stick with the 5 and 8 last.
post #8908 of 46522
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

I'm not digging the 3 last much. I think the Rutledge is a beautiful shoe and was considering it...but I just can't get over that toe. I have the Bel-Air, so I don't mind a slightly squared-off toe. To me, the Neumora, Flatiron, and Rutledge are just a bit too much. I'll stick with the 5 and 8 last.

Two of the best ......
post #8909 of 46522
Hi all - Just wanted to share a story.

I have been looking to pick up a brown boot for quite some time. I have thought of multiple manufacturers, and in the end it came down to the Dalton (I like both colors) and the brown fifth street. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to try on a pair of the walnut dalton's at a local AE store. This was a terrible experience - the service was abominable. Really, borderline rude to me.

But still, I wanted to purchase a pair of these boots! Torn between the chocolate and the walnut daltons, I went into the State St. AE Boston store, where I tried on the chocolate brown Dalton's. They were perfect. In addition, the service was wonderful. I was helped by James and could not have been happier. I purchased the boots today and am very, very happy with them!

I know that seconds are on sale right now, but felt like I really wanted them today...and plus, the one pair of Dalton in chocolate brown that is a second isn't discounted that much, and happens to have a pretty bad scuff on it (so says the person on the phone). So I'll take this opportunity to applaud James and to boo the other store!

A
post #8910 of 46522
What are some good models that work with trousers and a dress shirt? I already have Strands in Walnut.

Looking for something in Black. Perhaps Fifth Avenue or Park Avenue?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread