or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1862

post #27916 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

do most take the Bayfield TTS? I've never been fitted for it and am thinking of a MTO..

 

tia

The Bayfield has a poron insole. I am normally a 10D in the 1 and 5 last with the exception being a 9.5D in the rough collection. I had the CXL Bayfield in 10D for 2 years and the black calf in 10D for a year. They fit OK with thinner socks but at the end of the day if I walked long distances I looked forward to taking them off. When I had my MTO Bayfields done I told Deborah that and she said they didn't fit and purchased them back from me for what I paid for them. She told me she didn't want me to have any AE shoes or boots that didn't fit perfectly. We talked about my foot and how it fit different lasts and she felt because of the poron insole a 10.5D would fit me perfectly, she said the way my foot is shaped it would move the widest part of the boot forward enough to where the ball of my foot is. I had my doubts but she sent me 10.5D and 10E. Sure enough just like she said the 10.5 D black calf fit me perfectly. When talking to her about options she said I could have them made without the poron insoles so I went TTS in 10D. But someone else on here was told that he could not have them made without poron insoles and I think he went up a half size. Bucksfan on the other hand went up a width in his CXL so he could wear them with a bit heavier socks. In my case that caused heel slip.

post #27917 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

The Bayfield has a poron insole. I am normally a 10D in the 1 and 5 last with the exception being a 9.5D in the rough collection. I had the CXL Bayfield in 10D for 2 years and the black calf in 10D for a year. They fit OK with thinner socks but at the end of the day if I walked long distances I looked forward to taking them off. When I had my MTO Bayfields done I told Deborah that and she said they didn't fit and purchased them back from me for what I paid for them. She told me she didn't want me to have any AE shoes or boots that didn't fit perfectly. We talked about my foot and how it fit different lasts and she felt because of the poron insole a 10.5D would fit me perfectly, she said the way my foot is shaped it would move the widest part of the boot forward enough to where the ball of my foot is. I had my doubts but she sent me 10.5D and 10E. Sure enough just like she said the 10.5 D black calf fit me perfectly. When talking to her about options she said I could have them made without the poron insoles so I went TTS in 10D. But someone else on here was told that he could not have them made without poron insoles and I think he went up a half size. Bucksfan on the other hand went up a width in his CXL so he could wear them with a bit heavier socks. In my case that caused heel slip.

 

Thanks for the info. I called one of the outlets and they had a pair of Bayfields in brown in what is my 5 and 1 last size. Going up a width is not an option since I'm already at 3E.

 

Can anyone comment on the fit of 333 last compared to 1 and 5? I remember trying the Neumora in my normal size and it was a bad fit, but I think it might be because monk straps aren't really accommodating for high instep feet. I'm liking the look of those Portlands and might get a pair later this year.

post #27918 of 53443
I'm looking to buy my eighth pair of AE shoes. I'd like to buy the Daltons and would like advice on size and color.

  • Is the fit true to its size?
  • I plan on wearing these shoes with jeans (specifically raw demin). Which color do you suggest: walnut, bourbon, or dark chocolate?
post #27919 of 53443

Can anyone comment on how phone orders are processed at the outlets?  I placed a phone order this morning and they took down my CC info, email etc. but I haven't gotten a confirmation email and my CC hasn't been charged yet.  Does it normally take a little time to process the orders or should I call and follow up?  I'm not used to this old school ordering system...

 

Purchases were Neumok in snuff suede and Dalton in bourbon in case anyone was wondering!

post #27920 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post

I'm looking to buy my eighth pair of AE shoes. I'd like to buy the Daltons and would like advice on size and color.

  • Is the fit true to its size?
  • I plan on wearing these shoes with jeans (specifically raw demin). Which color do you suggest: walnut, bourbon, or dark chocolate?
  •  

 

They fit TTS for me.  I (gasp) own 4 pairs of Daltons in addition to the Long Branches and they all fit well TTS.  I think the walnut and bourbon add a nice contrast to dark raw denim.  To me, the dark chocolate or even the burgundy shell Daltons are dressier.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

post #27921 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by esk8mw View Post

Can anyone comment on how phone orders are processed at the outlets?  I placed a phone order this morning and they took down my CC info, email etc. but I haven't gotten a confirmation email and my CC hasn't been charged yet.  Does it normally take a little time to process the orders or should I call and follow up?  I'm not used to this old school ordering system...

Purchases were Neumok in snuff suede and Dalton in bourbon in case anyone was wondering!
I've had to call back to Jeffersonville about asking for a tracking number. I think they just don't normally send a confirmation or tracking unless you call and request it. The shoebank however sent me a confirmation right when I got off the phone. i think it depends where you ordered from and who took the order.
post #27922 of 53443

Just wanted to drop an update, they're up to $34 (I started at 99 cents, let the market decide their worth) and the auction ends tomorrow.  They may end up being a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTexas View Post

I've enjoyed this thread for some time, but this is my first time posting.  I have to thin the shoe herd a bit, so I just wanted to give a heads up that I put the shoes pictured (The Rutledge in 11.5D) up for auction.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/151104386464?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

 

AppleMark

post #27923 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Got a call from AE that my cappuccino shell Bayfields are done and shipping. It has been hot here the last week, 90-95 with high humidity and heat indexes running about 110 daily. I asked her if it was that bad over in Wi. and she said all of that and worse. The factory shop floor is not air conditioned and they are giving the workers extra breaks and trying to keep them hydrated. Having worked the shop floor in the SE under those conditions I know what it is like. And adds even more to my appreciation for those that do the work which goes into making my shoes and boots. 


Great news!! Looking forward to seeing them
post #27924 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTexas View Post

Just wanted to drop an update, they're up to $34 (I started at 99 cents, let the market decide their worth) and the auction ends tomorrow.  They may end up being a steal.

How does the rutledge fit compared to other shoes, preferably compared to the 5 last?

post #27925 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromTexas View Post

Just wanted to drop an update, they're up to $34 (I started at 99 cents, let the market decide their worth) and the auction ends tomorrow.  They may end up being a steal.

Gorgeous shoes. Why would you be parting with them though?? I've got a 'watch' going on them...
post #27926 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Any feedback on the presidio loafer from brooks brothers? It's at a great price, and was wondering how the fit is on the 222 last. I normally wear a 10eee, and have read that I should go wider in width. But that isn't an option. It also looks a bit more elongated, should I be concerned?

I have found the 2 last to be nothing short of miserable. I have tried on the shoe in question and didn't care for it.
post #27927 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Any feedback on the presidio loafer from brooks brothers? It's at a great price, and was wondering how the fit is on the 222 last. I normally wear a 10eee, and have read that I should go wider in width. But that isn't an option. It also looks a bit more elongated, should I be concerned?

I have found the 2 last to be nothing short of miserable. I have tried on the shoe in question and didn't care for it.

 

Absolutely agree with this! I had a brief infatuation with the New Orleans but I had to get rid of it...I wear an 8.5 D and I felt like my feet were completely disproportionate relative to the rest of my body to the point they felt like clown shoes, I can only imagine what the 2 last looks like on someone with even bigger feet. Then again, I tend to wear slim and tapered jeans and pants.

post #27928 of 53443
My contribution to this thread. smile.gif RL Saunders and Stratford Both in snuff suede.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #27929 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfiat81 View Post

My contribution to this thread. smile.gif RL Saunders and Stratford Both in snuff suede.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Beautiful. Is the Stratford made by AE also?

post #27930 of 53443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

How does the rutledge fit compared to other shoes, preferably compared to the 5 last?

 

I wear a 12EEE in Strand and Park Ave in the 5 last and just bought the 12EEE Rutledge which I tried on yesterday.  The Rutledge seems to have a slightly higher instep and slightly narrower toe box.  The Rutledge fits me absolutely perfectly and are super comfortable, best fit other than the Neumok for my feet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread