Plus you have crawfish right now. I'd give a pair of shell shoes for about 10lbs worth.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Randolph Loafertagged by Xchange, 3/6/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 5:43 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1347
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I can tell you for certain that contacting Mr.
Grangaard directly through his account here doesnt work...I reached out to him a few days ago regarding a rather complex exchange for the MTO offer he made here, and I havent heard back from him yet. I understand that he is a busy CEO so I suspect my original order will just be shipped out before the MTO request is able to be addressed or fulfilled..
Ill maybe try to take the exchange up with my local Allen Edmonds retailer.
FWIW I took about a five days to hear back. However once I did the customer service has been wonderful. Really it sets the standard. AE swat is awesome.
I got my new brown shell patriots yesterday. Used Renomat to remove excess creme, the lotioned and brushed the you know what out of them. They looked great. I put them on this a.m. And totally concurred with the comment that the felt like a slipper. I have the calf patriots and these are way more comfortable. After having them on or about 15 minutes I noticed very defined ripples already on the top of the shoe ( as seen in the pic). Not quite sure what to think about that, but I do love the feel. Great value for the price of $359.
Looking good in your new Patriot's GOP. Unlike most others on here my brown shell Patriot's don't ripple. Maybe if\when I get the burgundy ones they will and hope that they do.
So in my conversation with the SWAT team today, I found out that the part number for the shell leather used in brown shell and dark brown shell is exactly the same. The difference between my Dundees and Strands is due to the natural variation in shells. Even though mine are the same part number, I still think there is a great variation between the two pairs.
Thanks for asking and finding out about that. I thought about asking several times but did not, almost like I didn't want to know because then I would want yet another color in the stable.
That is quite the score and I like your selection! I ordered the cappuccino shell McAllisters friday. Really looking forward to pictures of your Shelton's and MacNeils.
They look great! Mine are rippling in the same place - nothing to worry about, in fact it's just part of the character of such an unstructured shoe.
I agree on the Renovateur - and I'll echo a comment someone else made: Just like most things in life, It is all about moderation. I know it's tempting to use lots of product on the shoes we just paid lots of money for, but the truth is too much product can hurt them.
I use Renovateur on my shell cordovan shoes. Mostly VSC and polish on the few calfskin shoes I have. I use the "Mac" method on all of them: I.E. a damp rag and brushing is the primary care, and I do this every 1-2 wears (basically 1x every 45 days). For my shell cordovan shoes, they probably get 1 treatment of Renovateur per year, and a very light application at that. They just don't need much product.
yesterday: burgundy shell Macneil, walking over to my lunch spot.
bucksfan I agree, it is much like many gardeners. They love their plants to death by using too much water and fertilizer. Too much product is the same thing to leather IMO.
And I really like your Macneils. Your pictures have cost me a lot of money over the last few years... And thank you!
Is this the product you're talking about? I have it in black and a light brown color.. I find that when the edge dressing dries, it flakes off in little latex-y pieces.
Yes that is it, the travel size edge dressing.
Ha! I was in Scottsdale for a week in January and had to scrape ice off the windows and it snowed in the Superstitous Mountiains, go figure. Took a day and drove the Apache Trail and when I stopped for gas the lady asked me if I had come up from the Valley to check out the snow. I could only mutter "not quite".
We have a large hospital and clinic in Scottsdale and another in Jax, Fl. I see the temps at both locations every day at work on the home page of the intranet, and it is painful at times.
OK now that is going TOO FAR! I have been stationed and lived up and down both coasts plus been around the world more than a few times. And IMO New Orleans food can't be beat and is the best there is. I now live where frozen shrimp is thought of as seafood and salt & peper are considered major spices...
What a beautiful picture, thank you.
Regarding the fella whose primary purpose in life appears to be raising a stink, this time about Reno. I would think the fact that Horween recommends and sells it should be enough to quash any further need to respond any more of his flies in the ointment:
they recently starting selling it but they don't use it and recommend Venetian Shoe Cream over Saphir.
"What are your favorite products to use for the preservation and maintenance of shell cordovan?
My standby is neutral Venetian Cream. C.A. Zoes is a great, old Chicago company and they make great stuff. There are so many different great products out there, though. The Saphir line is also great, and I know there are a million different products that people swear by. Everyone has a slightly different preference, so I always encourage people to use the products that give them the appearance they like."
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Ermenegildo Zegna Vintage Brown Birdseye Sports Coat 38R 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 16 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw