or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1067

post #15991 of 50990

Firsts.

post #15992 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post

Finally got a chance to try on my RL Sandersons and Saunders. First note: No drawstring bag? :(

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Allen Edmonds seconds don't usually come with drawstring bags, but it's understandable to be disappointed when you first find that out.

 

Just go to any Nordstrom and tell em you recently bought some AE from them but didn't notice they didn't have the bags until you got home. They will quickly and without hassle give you a pair. 
Works every time   bigstar[1].gif
post #15993 of 50990

Unfortunately, the closest Nordstrom is over the border and a long way away from me. Nonetheless, a very nice tip.

post #15994 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post

Unfortunately, the closest Nordstrom is over the border and a long way away from me. Nonetheless, a very nice tip.

 

If you really need/want the bags, remember on your next seconds order. They'll include a set for a few bucks.

post #15995 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post


Or, instead of stealing, you could order a set of bags from the AE website for $15. I would not brag about what you're doing.
post #15996 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Or, instead of stealing, you could order a set of bags from the AE website for $15. I would not brag about what you're doing.

 

I didn't want to call him out on that comment, but, actually, I'm glad someone mentioned that people shouldn't take advantage of stores that actually do provide decent service to their customers.

post #15997 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid View Post

Firsts.

I'd exchange them, if I were you.
post #15998 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

I didn't want to call him out on that comment, but, actually, I'm glad someone mentioned that people shouldn't take advantage of stores that actually do provide decent service to their customers.

I agree - for $10 with free shipping, order a pair from AE. It's the right way to go.

Chris
post #15999 of 50990

Hey guys. I'm a huge fan of AE and fairly new to the forum. I wasn't able to find this anywhere so I wanted to post the question in this forum since there are a lot of AE lovers here. Does anyone have the Walden? I have a pair and just can't seem to find the pores in the leather. I don't think AE uses corrected grain for any of their shoes...but the sheen just seems too good to be true. Does anyone have any thoughts or information on this? I'd love if someone who works at AE could actually chime in.

 

Much love-

 

Jermyn

post #16000 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Hey guys. I'm a huge fan of AE and fairly new to the forum. I wasn't able to find this anywhere so I wanted to post the question in this forum since there are a lot of AE lovers here. Does anyone have the Walden? I have a pair and just can't seem to find the pores in the leather. I don't think AE uses corrected grain for any of their shoes...but the sheen just seems too good to be true. Does anyone have any thoughts or information on this? I'd love if someone who works at AE could actually chime in.

 

Much love-

 

Jermyn

 

I am afraid that they do use some corrected grain leather on certain models.  It generally has the term "polished" in the name, such as Polished Cobbler, Polished Calf, etc.  The Walden is one of the shoes that is typically made from this leather. 

post #16001 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygator View Post

After seeing someone post their Burnished Walnut Routledge's a few pages back, I had to get a pair. Got my seconds in the mail yesterday and they look fantastic. The color is definitely darker than the standard Walnut but personally I think it's the perfect shade of brown.

 

 

 

 

There were a few minor flaws (shoelace hole punched slightly too large, etc) that I'm not worried about and two that I am.

 

 

First, the heel on the right shoe has a very small gap between the heel and outsole.

 

 

It doesn't look like it'll be problematic now or even for a while. The gap is only noticeable from the back. On the sides as it gets towards the middle of the shoe it disappears. I'm guessing if the worst happens and the heel completely falls off, I could get it repaired at a cobbler for fairly cheap?

 

 

 

The second one I am more worried about.On the outside of the arch of the left shoe, really close to the welt, there seems to be some 'bite marks' in the leather. I'm guessing when they were attaching the upper to the insole/welt that they did it in the wrong place at first and when they undid it, it left holes from the stitching. It's hard to see and wouldn't be a looks issue. I'm wondering if this would comprise the quality of the rest of stitching/welting (unlikely but just in case) and whether this could be a problem if water/melted snow were to get in (more likely).

 

 

I'm tempted to keep them because these are by far the nicest shoes I've bought and an exchange would be annoying with having to pay shipping. Not to mention the next pair could have ugly finishing issues which would be an insta-return.
 

Thanks in advance.

 

So my first post got delayed by the mods but anyone have any advice on this?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

 

Allen Edmonds seconds don't usually come with drawstring bags, but it's understandable to be disappointed when you first find that out.

 

 

Mine did although that could because they were part of the Independence Collection.

post #16002 of 50990

Nice nuemoras!

post #16003 of 50990

 

 

AE Hinsdale... used one shade darker polish to dye the shoes darker... Satisfied with the result. Any thought?

post #16004 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygator View Post

After seeing someone post their Burnished Walnut Routledge's a few pages back, I had to get a pair. Got my seconds in the mail yesterday and they look fantastic. The color is definitely darker than the standard Walnut but personally I think it's the perfect shade of brown.

 

There were a few minor flaws (shoelace hole punched slightly too large, etc) that I'm not worried about and two that I am.

I am sending my Rutledges back. I love how they look, and the minor cosmetic issues do not bother me at all. However, there are some stitches that aren't connected, and I am afraid the leather will separate more. After only a couple of wears is coming apart. I have emailed AE, and they asked me to send them back. 

 

 

AppleMark

The above pic was taken the day I received them.

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

These 2 pics are after only 2 wears. Like all my shoes, when not wearing there were shoe trees in them. I sure hope AE replaces them. I think they will. 

post #16005 of 50990
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bbie View Post

 

 

AE Hinsdale... used one shade darker polish to dye the shoes darker... Satisfied with the result. Any thought?

 

Beautiful color!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread