or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3385  

post #50761 of 70737
Jimmy Two Times. rotflmao.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

I am holding out on the oxblood color before grabbing a bleeker as I am hoping it will be offered in it...and if the AE store had the Chili in my size ...I probably would have gotten it when I was there also.

An oxblood BS would be killer.

Peppercorn 78, I agree that those should go back, but I know I'd try to subdue the wrinkling a bit with the AE bourbon polish. It might even things out a bit and be worth a shot, otherwise definitely get them swapped out.
post #50762 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post


+1. I'm not sure where exactly you'll be but at least in London it's gonna rain virtually everyday. I would bring whatever has rubber soles. Also, I'm not sure how picky you are with shell, but I personally probably wouldn't bring it. Just the maintenance and dealing with the water spots would annoy me.

Scotland, so a day without rain is not anticipated at all. I don't mind the water spots/maintenance as shoe care is one of my favourite hobbies. I do have a pair of MacNeils (shell also), but the fit isn't my favourite, so I'd rather leave them behind. I was also considering burgundy shell Cambridges but I'm still not sure. 

 

Regarding the suedes I posted about in my choices, I'd love to bring them. but the weather is the only thing putting me off.

post #50763 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

Scotland, so a day without rain is not anticipated at all. I don't mind the water spots/maintenance as shoe care is one of my favourite hobbies. I do have a pair of MacNeils (shell also), but the fit isn't my favourite, so I'd rather leave them behind. I was also considering burgundy shell Cambridges but I'm still not sure. 

Regarding the suedes I posted about in my choices, I'd love to bring them. but the weather is the only thing putting me off.

Yeah, I would bring some bad weather beaters, then some nicer shoes with overshoes. Leather soles could be a prescription for disaster.

Or just bring one pair, and buy yourself some Trickers country boots while you're there! smile.gif
post #50764 of 70737

Hi everyone!

 

Just scored a pair of shell cordovan Leeds at the Shoebank.  Not a bad price for shell - $325.

 

Any Leeds wearers out there who can comment on the versatility?  My current collection:

 

Burgundy Shell Cambridge

Black Fifth Avenues - calf

Black Delrays - calf

Brown Delrays - calf

Walnut Strands - calf

Walnut grain - McNeils - calf

 

So the Lees will be my 2nd pair of shells.

post #50765 of 70737
I have burgundy Leeds too, but not a good person to ask. Not a big fan of plain toes myself.
post #50766 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjohnil6 View Post

Hi everyone!

Just scored a pair of shell cordovan Leeds at the Shoebank.  Not a bad price for shell - $325.

Any Leeds wearers out there who can comment on the versatility?  My current collection:

Burgundy Shell Cambridge
Black Fifth Avenues - calf
Black Delrays - calf
Brown Delrays - calf
Walnut Strands - calf
Walnut grain - McNeils - calf

So the Lees will be my 2nd pair of shells.

They pretty much go with everything casual, cords, chinos, khakis, denim especially
post #50767 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

Anybody have some serious squeaking on their Shaker Heights? I've read about squeaking on other shoes around here. Who has successfully dampened the noise?


I had a squeaky pair of Ashtons, squeaked from the arch rubbing on the side of the shoe, wore them for a month hoping it would go a way, it did not. I started to research it and there were so many fixes I decided to ask AE what they recommended, before I got off the phone they had emailed me a shipping label and said I needed to send them back, so I did. They do not repair the squeaky shoes so they just sent me a new pair. At first there was no squeak but after one walk to work the new shoes squeaked. I contacted AE again, told them I was not happy with this shoe and I think the issue has to do with the model and I'd rather have something else, now. They sent me another shipping label and asked me what model I wanted, told them I like a pair of Delray, it was taken care of about that quick. AE has some awesome customer service.

post #50768 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
 

Just received a pair of burgundy Leeds from the Shoebank. I've been wearing them around the office for about an hour, and noticed the finish is flaking off at the pressure points. Is this a manufacturing defect, or just the standard too much polish from the factory?

Your problem could be just to much polish, but it could be something more. I had the same problem with my MTO Shell Franciscans (where the vamp meets the welt). I sent the below picture to Allison, where the finish was coming off. I sent them back to her and she informed me it was what is known as salt burn. Not sure how I got salt on them at that time or if that was a defect from the factory, but they did some work on them to refinish them. I have not had a problem since. However, I do not have them stripped down to the raw shell, and occasionally use the AE Cordovan Cream which has some color to it. Just in case anything were to peak through. 

 

AppleMark

 

BTW, these are one of my favorite pairs of AEs. Love them.

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #50769 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

Your problem could be just to much polish, but it could be something more. I had the same problem with my MTO Shell Franciscans (where the vamp meets the welt). I sent the below picture to Allison, where the finish was coming off. I sent them back to her and she informed me it was what is known as salt burn. Not sure how I got salt on them at that time or if that was a defect from the factory, but they did some work on them to refinish them. I have not had a problem since. However, I do not have them stripped down to the raw shell, and occasionally use the AE Cordovan Cream which has some color to it. Just in case anything were to peak through. 

 

AppleMark

 

BTW, these are one of my favorite pairs of AEs. Love them.

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

Wow those are just gorgeous! I've always been curious about those -- are they pretty much only for formal wear?  Do you ever use them in a casual outfit?

post #50770 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post
 

 

Wow those are just gorgeous! I've always been curious about those -- are they pretty much only for formal wear?  Do you ever use them in a casual outfit?

I wear them probably once a week. They are great with tan slacks, patterned slacks and grey slacks. I wear them with business attire all the time. And they are a pair of shoes I get compliments on a lot. 

post #50771 of 70737

Cross Posting from the MTO thread...Any more interested in this? 

 

Ok for the Brown Shell Dundee

 

  • Dundee
  • Brown Shell
  • Tone on Tone stitching
  • Indy Lining and Insole
  • Natural/light brown split reverse welt 
  • Natural/light brown transparent edge dressing
  • leather midsole
  • V Tread tap sole(mini lug tap or double JR ...no dainite)

 

This is the model I am looking to replicate

 

So far initial interest but not considered confirmed

@Kahuna75

@peppercorn78

@AndyC

@sleepyinsanfran 

@FatTuesday 

@Stamper1924 

@csmitty 

post #50772 of 70737

I'm sure you are already aware of this but you aren't exactly looking to replicate that picture. That chukka is CXL not shell.

post #50773 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I'm sure you are already aware of this but you aren't exactly looking to replicate that picture. That chukka is CXL not shell.
He knows.
post #50774 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Shaker is forgiving on width so you may luck out. However length wise I take a 12 on the 65 and 13 on shaker

Update on the Shaker Heights:

10.5 E on the Brannock but too much heel slip with E typically. Comfortable in 10.5 D on 65 last.

10 D was waaaaay too tight in Shaker Heights. Skipped 10.5 D and went straight to 11 D. Fits nicely, possibly could go 10.5 D but would be too tight, especially for heavier socks. I must have laced them oddly, as it was enormously difficult to get a foot in them even with a large shoehorn.
post #50775 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I'm sure you are already aware of this but you aren't exactly looking to replicate that picture. That chukka is CXL not shell.

 

Thanks - yes...LS is a killer in that they stop most of their runs at 11...I need 12 at minimum for Barrie thin socks..I have tried everything to have them order me special sizes including full upfront payment but nothing works. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...