or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 168

post #2506 of 11765
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

i had a pair of those in suede thru kolecho we called them windsor oxford, thro mine had a medallion

Had? Why'd you let them go?

sizing issues
post #2507 of 11765
Not mirror, but pleased with the results. Hope to be better next go.

jxan9znGMha08.JPG

jcmsm2mSVttJM.JPG

jFAuAlPTJMip7.JPG
post #2508 of 11765
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2509 of 11765
Recently put these Stefano Bemer laces I got last year in Florence on my Cigar shell Vass...think they look pretty nice, but what do I know...they now remind me a French meets Japanese style that's made in Budapest with laces from Florence being worn in New York...I'm tres international like that.

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg
post #2510 of 11765
I have noticed something about VASS; they are not as nicely made as my older (3 y.o.) VASS. The heels are larger the waste is wider and overall U-last feels roomier everywhere. I compared my new U-last to my 3 y.o. one and I have to say that the last gained significant weight.
post #2511 of 11765
My latest pair on the U-Last also seem bigger overall. But I figure all of the 42.5 U-Last Lasts that they have will vary in size somewhat. Batch variation I guess.
post #2512 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Recently put these Stefano Bemer laces I got last year in Florence on my Cigar shell Vass...think they look pretty nice, but what do I know...they now remind me a French meets Japanese style that's made in Budapest with laces from Florence being worn in New York...I'm tres international like that.
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg

i like the look of these a lot actually...looks nice
post #2513 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Recently put these Stefano Bemer laces I got last year in Florence on my Cigar shell Vass...think they look pretty nice, but what do I know...they now remind me a French meets Japanese style that's made in Budapest with laces from Florence being worn in New York...I'm tres international like that.
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg

The laces pick up the tone of the natural sole edge nicely.
post #2514 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

The laces pick up the tone of the natural sole edge nicely.

Thanks and that was the idea!
post #2515 of 11765
Great idea and really handsome look on those.
post #2516 of 11765
Thanks! Just fun to have something different sometimes. It was the first time I wore them out after swapping out the laces the other week. Paired with my new W. Bill blue donegal jacket and fine old Burgundy everything fell into place! :^)
post #2517 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I have noticed something about VASS; they are not as nicely made as my older (3 y.o.) VASS. The heels are larger the waste is wider and overall U-last feels roomier everywhere. I compared my new U-last to my 3 y.o. one and I have to say that the last gained significant weight.

From what I have seen and heard, for years people have complained about the quality control in regards to sizing with Vass. I would probably just chalk it up to that. The caveat of buying that which is handmade.
post #2518 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

From what I have seen and heard, for years people have complained about the quality control in regards to sizing with Vass. I would probably just chalk it up to that. The caveat of buying that which is handmade.

I'd guess this as well.
post #2519 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

From what I have seen and heard, for years people have complained about the quality control in regards to sizing with Vass. I would probably just chalk it up to that. The caveat of buying that which is handmade.

I was not referring to size, I know I can size down. I was referring to the lower aesthetic value of VASS compare to few years back. VASS U-last was ,imho, always up there in finesse with the best examples of hand-made footwear. I look at today's VASS and it is more and more reminds me aesthetically of something that would come out of 3-rd rate Italian factory.
Vass U-last gained weight in an ugly way. Thick wide heels and wide AE-like waist.
post #2520 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I was not referring to size, I know I can size down. I was referring to the lower aesthetic value of VASS compare to few years back. VASS U-last was ,imho, always up there in finesse with the best examples of hand-made footwear. I look at today's VASS and it is more and more reminds me aesthetically of something that would come out of 3-rd rate Italian factory.
Vass U-last gained weight in an ugly way. Thick wide heels and wide AE-like waist.

Do you have any pictures comparing the older sleeker U last Vass to the newer chubbier U last Vass?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread