1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Um, YES! Like soldiers off to war. Very, very nice David. *jealous*

2. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Well-Known Member

They are a nice change to the usual lobb/eg/GG more "formal" looking shoes. "Fun" is definitely the best word to describe them - the shell is magnificent - now if i could just finalize what to get....

3. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Question for anyone who has owned both the P2 and Budapester lasts: would you wear the same size in each or is the Budapester last big enough that you would go down a 1/2 size from the P2? Curious minds want to know. Thanks!

4. Fishball

Fishball Well-Known Member

5. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Um, YES! Like soldiers off to war. Very, very nice David. *jealous*

I too am jealous. Beautiful shoes .Spent an hour at Vass in Budapest.
    They couldn't fit me. But then, most makers can't.

6. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

Question for anyone who has owned both the P2 and Budapester lasts: would you wear the same size in each or is the Budapester last big enough that you would go down a 1/2 size from the P2? Curious minds want to know. Thanks!

I have a pair on P2 (which I will eventually get around to selling. In order to get a pair that was wide enough, I got a size that has turned out to be a little too long for my foot. Not uncomfortable for sitting, but pretty nasty after any amount of walking. It's technically the same size as the 3636 and Budapesters that fit me pretty well, but its proportions are all different.

If you have a P2 size that works, you should probably start with the same Budapester size but you might end up needing a LONGER Budapester, depending on the shape of your arch. (And then the widths will be completely on another planet.)

7. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

I have a pair on P2 (which I will eventually get around to selling)

might be interested.

8. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fishball those rock. The Vass Norweger a class of its own. Love the colour choice, I have some in 6319 (similar) coming - what last?

Slewfoot - rugged collection! My favs are the antic cognac boots, the bordeaux Weymouths - didn't realize the bordeaux is so dark - and esp the brown London 5 eyes. Just a classic shoe.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

cigar shell seems to be the best of the cordo colors.

10. Concordia

might be interested.

45? Not un-worn (although barely so).

11. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

I'll be in Budapest for a day on holiday in June. Unless I'm mistaken it's a Tuesday that I'll be there

I'm expecting to be a rather difficult fit for the RTW shoes as I wear custom orthotics due to my flat and wide feet (8.5G for Loake 026 Last , hence I'm hoping that I can actually commission an MTO shoe or 2 and have it delivered to Australia.

Will it be advisable for me to book an appointment with Eva Vass now?

Also does anyone know if they'll even consider just mailing the shoe to me sans any fitting. I'm thinking of ordering bluchers as they're a little more forgiving.

Alternatively I'm hoping to be able to come back again in about 4-5 months later in November.

Can anyone advise what would be the best way tackling this?

Thanks & regards,

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Well-Known Member

David

you've come along way chap!

13. Concordia

I'll be in Budapest for a day on holiday in June. Unless I'm mistaken it's a Tuesday that I'll be there

I'm expecting to be a rather difficult fit for the RTW shoes as I wear custom orthotics due to my flat and wide feet (8.5G for Loake 026 Last , hence I'm hoping that I can actually commission an MTO shoe or 2 and have it delivered to Australia.

Also does anyone know if they'll even consider just mailing the shoe to me sans any fitting. I'm thinking of ordering bluchers as they're a little more forgiving.

Alternatively I'm hoping to be able to come back again in about 4-5 months later in November.

Thanks & regards,

E-mail the shop and you'll get most of this answered.

Bluchers (derbys) will indeed be more forgiving. Depending on the last you fit, it may be the only choice with Vass. Nevertheless, it is worth a discussion in the shop.

If you do find your way to Budapest, think about a visit to Koronya. About 2-3x the price, but very good and by definition more flexible in fitting. Which is not to say that Vass won't be just dandy if you can get the fit you want there.

14. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Thanks Concordia,

I think will send Eva an e-mail.

Will keep Koronya in mind as well.

15. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

45? Not un-worn (although barely so).

let's exchange the measurements. i send you a pm with my offer. thanks

16. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

Thanks & regards,

with mto they will/should be able to implement your orthotics into the footbed.

pay in advance, wait upon your return.

ps: a deposit should suffice.

17. Slewfoot

I have a pair on P2 (which I will eventually get around to selling. In order to get a pair that was wide enough, I got a size that has turned out to be a little too long for my foot. Not uncomfortable for sitting, but pretty nasty after any amount of walking. It's technically the same size as the 3636 and Budapesters that fit me pretty well, but its proportions are all different.

If you have a P2 size that works, you should probably start with the same Budapester size but you might end up needing a LONGER Budapester, depending on the shape of your arch. (And then the widths will be completely on another planet.)

Interesting and thanks for the note. The P2 fits me very well as is with a thin Tacco insole. My feet are generally long and narrow so I needed the insole to take up the volume across the vamp. It's the length of the Budapest last that's the tricky part. Some guys on LL were even saying they found the Budapest a touch more narrow fitting than the P2 which surprised me.

18. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

It's the length of the Budapest last that's the tricky part.

???

19. Slewfoot

???

Just the fact that I don't know what the length of the Budapest last is compared to the P2 since I haven't tried one on before.

20. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

David- what's your sizing?