or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things you just don't get - Page 322

post #4816 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

60% of the time, it works every time?

Hrm? I couldn't just say 'I'm never late' because that's not true -- occasionally, I am late for various reasons. So yeah, I'm usually never late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Ok. It is that they bring it up all of the time. Europe always has something better for whatever situation work related arises. They are always exapserated too. Like, why don't you people get with the program. Assholes.

Boasting about something is bad, but what's worse are people who are offended that someone else doesn't share their ideas.

I don't mention where I live or what I do on this forum or in real life unless prompted simply because it's impossible to mention it without people becoming unnecessarily offended. I can only understand it as a conditioned response to people bragging about their vacations.
post #4817 of 14061
I do not understand the proclivity of morbidly obese woman to drive sub-compact cars. I also do not get how they fit behind the steering wheel.
post #4818 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

I don't mention where I live or what I do on this forum or in real life unless prompted simply because it's impossible to mention it without people becoming unnecessarily offended. I can only understand it as a conditioned response to people bragging about their vacations.

I agree. People easily offend, but I don't think that is limited to America. Maybe you see that because you want to. I can honestly say that nothing offends me. It is a choice to be offended. One shouldn't give up their own power and succumb to being offended. It is a sign of a huge ego usually.

Back to being pissed off at somebody being late. You don't have to take offense to somebody being late, but it doesn't make them any less of an asshole.
post #4819 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I do not understand the proclivity of morbidly obese woman to drive sub-compact cars. I also do not get how they fit behind the steering wheel.

I saw one in a Fiat 500 the other day. I thought the tires were going to pop.
post #4820 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I do not understand the proclivity of morbidly obese woman to drive sub-compact cars. I also do not get how they fit behind the steering wheel.

 

One time a saw a guy, a very fat guy in one of these: 

 

 

I was in my car behing him, when I passed him and turned my head to see the guy driving, his belly was big enough to hold the steering wheel, he wasn't using his arms! He was just accelerating and controlling with his belly, only when he needed to turn he used one hand. Hahahaha. 

post #4821 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I agree. People easily offend, but I don't think that is limited to America. Maybe you see that because you want to.

I was more talking about being upset that someone says 'Well, in place X...'. Maybe 'offended' was the wrong word. Just replace 'offended' with 'upset' I guess.
post #4822 of 14061
I don't get why anyone, in this day and age, would force their entire company to use the monumental piece of GARBAGE that is Lotus Notes ffffuuuu.gif
post #4823 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I don't get why anyone, in this day and age, would force their entire company to use the monumental piece of GARBAGE that is Lotus Notes ffffuuuu.gif

This, a billion times, THIS.
post #4824 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I don't get why anyone, in this day and age, would force their entire company to use the monumental piece of GARBAGE that is Lotus Notes ffffuuuu.gif

That still exists? Wow.
post #4825 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I agree. People easily offend, but I don't think that is limited to America.

I disagree; Americans are particularly sensitive to anything less than Hurrah-patriotic. The way Americans feel about their international labor camp , is very similar to the way Muslims feel about their young religion.

I have to add though : It is not entirely Americans fault, just as it was not entirely fault of Soviets to believe in Socialism.
post #4826 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That still exists? Wow.

It seems to be mostly your ilk that uses it.
post #4827 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

It seems to be mostly your ilk that uses it.

Drunks use Lotus Notes?
post #4828 of 14061
I saw a story about one of the guys on Storage Wars suing the makers of the show on the grounds that many of the events depicted are staged. Many of the comments expressed disappointment about that. I thought everybody understood it was staged. How could a person not understand that?
post #4829 of 14061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I do not understand the proclivity of morbidly obese woman to drive sub-compact cars. I also do not get how they fit behind the steering wheel.

I've a friend, easily 280 to 300 pounds at probably 5'7" who does car reviews. it's morbidly funny how he posted pics of him reviewing korean compacts months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I saw a story about one of the guys on Storage Wars suing the makers of the show on the grounds that many of the events depicted are staged. Many of the comments expressed disappointment about that. I thought everybody understood it was staged. How could a person not understand that?

the "yuuuup" guy.

speaking of which, I don't get why douchebags in bars thinks they're so cool when they shout "yuuup" like that guy every 3 minutes.
post #4830 of 14061
I like the rich eccentric. He's just a shit collector with an awesome car collection and great hair.
Edited by patrickBOOTH - 12/14/12 at 11:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things you just don't get