or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 649  

post #9721 of 21557
Did no one mention how hilarious it is seeing LabelKing, the sartorial epitome of bourgeois capitalist decadence, standing in front of the Mao building and also in the Mao suit?
post #9722 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by themidship22 View Post
Oh GoSurface You always make me jealous. You have such flair about you.

Thanks man, you're too kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Nerd.

You know you wuv my spectacles.
post #9723 of 21557
Cross-post from the the MC WAYWN thread. First post here...

(Saturday) Out & about and dodging the rain drops.




Trou's hiked up
post #9724 of 21557
First post!

Channeling my inner ARW.

Details:
Shirt: Hanes perfect T v-neck
Jeans: KMW Rocker (about a month of wear)
Shoes: Brooks Brothers Penny Loafers
Watch: Seiko skx007 on "bond" zulu strap.
Glasses: Rayban RB3025
post #9725 of 21557
Thread Starter 
That's really too bad about your mouth.
post #9726 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkous View Post

Glasses: Shuron
Shirt: Jcrew
Blazer: Sieze Sur Vingt
Pocket Square: Robert Talbott
Jeans: Levis 501
Shoes: Jack Purcell for J.Crew
Great fit on the jacket.

This is what I'm hoping to work on in the future.

I think the hardest thing to do with suit jackets is to get them to fit slim but not tight.

For SW&D fits, I find slightly shorter, slim arms, slim body, nipped waist, open quarters works best.
post #9727 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
It's been awhile.
And its about time too! I just really wish I could see more details and textures in your photos.

Minkous, that's a stunning fit. The pocket square just finishes it off very nicely, IMO. Wonderful.
post #9728 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
Union Square? Is that in Beijing?

San Francisco
post #9729 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I am wearing a Stetson Open Road.

fuckin dig it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Cross-post from the the MC WAYWN thread. First post here...

(Saturday) Out & about and dodging the rain drops.
Trou's hiked up

really like the vibe but the shirt seems blousy and i'm not sure about the oxfords sans socks. slimmer shirt + loafers?
post #9730 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon View Post

really like the vibe but the shirt seems blousy and i'm not sure about the oxfords sans socks. slimmer shirt + loafers?

Thanks- yup, the shirt is that... At 6'2" with a 36" sleeve... finding a trim-fitting linen ( or any OTR shirt for that matter) that meets all my measurements is rough.

As far as loafers... haven't owned a pair sinced my old weejuns wore out a decade ago... I'll probably add a pair of Westons or similar in a year or so...

Cheers.
post #9731 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Thanks- yup, the shirt is that... At 6'2" with a 36" sleeve... finding a trim-fitting linen ( or any OTR shirt for that matter) that meets all my measurements is rough.

Tailors exist for a reason, use them.
post #9732 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
Tailors exist for a reason, use them.

No kidding? Wow.
post #9733 of 21557
I'm taking this thread down a notch: Ginch Gonch underwear and some t-shirt that I got in Istanbul. It's a summer sunday and I don't feel like going any further from my house than the backyard.
post #9734 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
First post! Channeling my inner ARW. Details: Shirt: Hanes perfect T v-neck Jeans: KMW Rocker (about a month of wear) Shoes: Brooks Brothers Penny Loafers Watch: Seiko skx007 on "bond" zulu strap. Glasses: Rayban RB3025
not bad, I might change a couple details; size up on tee (you're built sure but it's skintight), size down on jeans (or maybe just a hem, you've got a lot of cuff). The loafers look weird with jeans. Nice watch. Solid first fit; not terrible but still room for improvement.
post #9735 of 21557
GoSurface, glasses/leather are great.

Helmut, I like the idea of it, but the jeans are too long and I'd prefer a different shirt with the loafers.

I hate Tostitos with a hint of lime, but they keep showing up in my kitchen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread